Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    What do you feel about this oil leak debacle in the US? Yes it is a disaster of epic scale but I think the blame being heaped on BP by the US government (in particular their increasingly detestable president) is out of all proportion. The whole thing is really starting to wind me up and if Obhama doesn’t cool it he risks creating a serious rift between the UK and US that could take longer to heal than it will to clear up the mess.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: US Oil leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have not been following it. Did not know he is blaming BP either. I guess it as become a major embarrassment for him.
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

3. Re: US Oil leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sorry, but for me the ball is in BP's courts here. If they were negligent they are responsible for what happens to them. If they've outsourced the drilling / etc. then they still have a duty of care (to their brand if nothing else) to ensure that 3rd party is providing sufficient safety to prevent these sort of things.
    Unfortunatly BP don't have the best of reputation when it comes to safety (which is **** poor for a company that makes so much money). In this case it's the environment that's paying that price.

0 0 0

4. Re: US Oil leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If we are not allowed to play conkers at school because someone somewhere carried out a risk assessment and decided someone may get hurt, how the <swear> <swear> <swear> was deep sea drilling allowed to ever go ahead without some sort of failsafe disaster plan in place?

It just defies all logic that they didn't have anything to stop this and are trying various things as they spring to mind.

Pathetic.

No doubt the clean up bill of £42m+ will be passed down to us rather than taken out of any profits.

<swearers>

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

5. Re: US Oil leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    £42m! it is at £1.2 Billion already!

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: US Oil leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/10230252.stm

The federal government will send a $69m (£47.1m) bill to BP Plc on Thursday for expenditure incurred from its response to the spill, the White House said.
    I haven't paid attention to much news over the weekend - the above was the last I heard

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

7. Re: US Oil leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

8. Re: US Oil leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The City continues to be reassured by BP's efforts, and its refusal so far to cut its dividend. The company's shares were the biggest riser on the FTSE 100 this morning, up as much as 11p or 2.7% at 444p.
    More logic defying.

0 0 0

9. Re: US Oil leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    If the yanks didn't use so much oil BP wouldn't be drilling so far off-shore.
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

10. Re: US Oil leak 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mycarsavw View Post

No doubt the clean up bill of £42m+ will be passed down to us rather than taken out of any profits.

<swearers>
    I dont believe that the UK should suffer for the fact that they had no back up in case of a problem. However i'm sure the price of fuel will increase to cover their ***!
    Yes accidents do happen, but for something on such a large scale... bit to epic to call it that surely? I'd say BP are at fault.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast