Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    One very clear indicator is the tailpipe. We see loads of cars with DPF (four today on a man down quiet day) and a lot with the DPF removed and obviously huge numbers without a DPF at all. The key point with a DPF tailpipe is it stays clean inside if everything is OK, not perfectly clean though, just a little hint of grey ash. If the DPF is off that turns black and if your tailpipe is spotless that will set the alarm bells off and how far inside the exhaust can one clean? A lack of DPF also shows up on the smoke tester, a DPF equipped car makes so much less smoke than a non DPF you would have to see the figures to believe it and you better believe it as the ministry will take down the pants of any tester caught letting one "slip through". Any more of that hanky panky and they will pull MOT's out of garages and go like Ireland, dedicated test centres.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 3 0

2. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Gulp...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 2 0

3. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I think I may have a new angle on my career....Horror stories about cars, murder and mystery in amongst the antifreeze and oil....We have a ready supply of rubber gloves.....
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 4 0

4. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is complete codswallop! I have an audi a3 tdi 170 that has Been remapped. The DPF is still in it and my exhaust is always black! My car is smokey too due to the remap.
    you are also a fun of the Vulcan I see, the Conway engines in that are hardly good for the environment either lol.

0 1 5

5. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    You have your A3 from new? Sure no one had the guts punched out of the DPF?

2 3 0

6. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Beagler Guest
    Surely its easy to check if the DPF is effective. Just stick a white hanky over the tail pipe, rev the engine and the MOT tester will know.

2 2 0

7. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wongachinga View Post
    That is complete codswallop! I have an audi a3 tdi 170 that has Been remapped. The DPF is still in it and my exhaust is always black! My car is smokey too due to the remap.
    you are also a fun of the Vulcan I see, the Conway engines in that are hardly good for the environment either lol.
    Hello and nice to meet you too, an insult within four words of a first post, pretty outstanding.

Every day we service cars with DPF's and when they are working correctly, the tailpipe is spotlessly clean inside.

The Vulcan uses Rolls Royce (nee Bristol) Olympus turbo jets, not the Conway, which is a turbofan and the design was started just after World War II when emissions were not important, don't judge the efforts of 70 years ago by modern mentality. XH558 is a working flying museum dedicated to reminding people what we have achieved in the past.

Unless you have something useful to add, I suggest you don't.....

Slava Ukraini
    !

6 7 0

8. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I think I may have a new angle on my career....Horror stories about cars, murder and mystery in amongst the antifreeze and oil....We have a ready supply of rubber gloves.....
    You may need a rubber hose as well

0 2 0

9. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Was at Bruntingthorpe when they fired up the Vulcan for brake testing and taxi-ing back in 04-05, it was awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 2 0

10. Re: New MOT rule regarding DPF Removal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctle Odd View Post
    You may need a rubber hose as well
    I buy various diameters in huge reels but these days I prefer shiny black silicon rubber as it clings so tight and doesn't fail so readily when in a situation of extreme abuse but it does chafe when rubbed....

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 2 0

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast