Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• Andrew[MG]

by Published on 11-10-2017 08:22 PM
    Article Preview

“I want the fastest possible, new RS/AMG/M car!” That’s something that I, and probably lots of you, have thought when considering which new model to go for. For enthusiasts like us, it’s the natural way to think about your next purchase. So, when I was testing, not the second most powerful, but third down the list of quickest Audi A5 based models, the 2.0l TFSI, I was surprised to start thinking that it might be the pick of the bunch.

You’re probably already thinking that I should hand in my V-Power card, but bear with me.

Audi’s latest A5 is a striking bit of design from a company that has been ultra-conservative over the last 10 years. Plum for the RS5 or S5 variety and they do look more purposeful, but the difference is nowhere near as large as it was on say they B5 RS4 compared to a rep spec model.

Let’s start by looking at the stats for three of the petrol models:
    A5 2.0 TFSI, 252 PS, 370Nm 1,390 kg, 181PS/ton (remap to 300PS = 215PS/ton)
    S5, 354PS, 500Nm, 1,660 kg, 213PS/ton
    RS5, 450PS, 600Nm, 1,665 kg, 270Ps/ton

There’s no denying how much of a monster the RS5 is, however with a simple £500 remap the 2.0 TFSI can achieve a higher PS/ton then the S5.

Stats are all well and interesting but it’s how the cars feel on the road that counts, and this is where the 2.0l impresses most. While I’ve not driven the current RS5, what the smaller engined A5 has going ...
    by Published on 11-07-2017 06:24 PM
    Article Preview

Seven years is a long time for any model of car, but at the top end of the luxury segment it’s an eternity. That's how long it's been since the last generation Audi A8 was launched, but now we have news of its replacement.

When you’re spending upwards of £65,000 on a luxury saloon you expect it to not only drive well and be the ultimate palace of comfort, you also expect state of the art technology that those buying further down the food chain can’t even dream of.

To meet these uber high demands, Audi has just announced full details of their new, fourth generation 2017 A8 featuring “new design language, an innovative touchscreen operating concept and systematic drivetrain electrification”.

The real headline for this new flagship A8 is that it’s Audi’s big step towards a world of automated motoring with it being: “developed for highly automated driving”. With software updates coming in 2018, the A8 will have features such as parking pilot, garage pilot and traffic jam pilot.

Unlike the BMW 7 Series, the new A8 will be able to park itself into a space or garage while the driver just clicks a button from their smartphone – no actual remote control driving is required, which if you have tried the BMW system, you will know is a good thing.

Parking itself almost seems like quite a basic feature compared to Audi’s next bit of tech, the traffic jam pilot. This system allows, through the pressing ...
    by Published on 06-07-2017 04:44 PM
    Article Preview

The Skoda Yeti is a real people’s car, owned as daily driver for those with supercars to families who just need to be able to fit three children’s seats in the back. As its production run, starting in 2009, is about to come to an end, we take a look at the end of the line car to figure out if it’s going to be missed.

With the Karoq arriving soon, Skoda’s compact SUV line-up will be changed forever. With the Yeti, Skoda offered a car with the abilities of a four wheel drive SUV, but without too much compromise in driveability. The looks may have been divisive, but if you get past that, then you could get a real ‘do anything’ vehicle for just over £17k.

To fill the gap left by the Yeti, the Volkswagen group can now offer you an updated VW Tiguan (the comfortable option), a SEAT Ateca (the sporty option) and soon, the Skoda Karoq (the good value option). The thing is though, all of those are genuine compact SUVs, and that’s not necessarily what everyone wants to drive.

The Skoda Yeti is built on the VW A5 (PQ35) platform like the old MK6 Golf and MK2 Audi TT, and it was given a body that’s part hatchback, part MPV and small part SUV. This results in the Yeti having a few odd angles, and a hint of Popemobile, but with many real car people loving it. Perhaps it harks back to a time when manufacturers made curio models, like the Renault Vel Satis, and these were held dear to owner’s hearts. Unlike curios, however, the Skoda Yeti ...
    by Published on 23-06-2017 05:22 PM
    Article Preview

As a collective who are fond of the VW Group cars, we can quite often pigeon hole the brands; Audi = posh, VW = quality family vehicles, Skoda = value and SEAT = young and sporty. What happens, however, when the brands cross over into each other’s territory, for example, when SEAT makes a compact SUV? Can they really make it young and sporty?

To find out, we drove the new SEAT Ateca for a week and lived with it as a family car.

Our SEAT Ateca was a XCELLENCE 2.0 TDI 4Drive 150 PS 6-speed manual with the XCELLENCE Pack (top-view camera, Park Assist, and electric tailgate with virtual pedal), SEAT Sound System (135W/six-channel amplifier,10 speakers, boot mounted subwoofer and 18-inch space saver spare wheel) and 19-inch ‘Exclusive’ machined bi-colour alloy wheels.

Although the Ateca might look familiar, if you are used to the VW Tiguan, SEAT have given it a slightly sportier edge with some crisper lines. It’s also slightly smaller too, so I prefer to think of it as a raised up SEAT Leon.

The sporty intentions continue on the inside where there’s a decent level of bolstering on the seats - more than you’d anticipate of a car in this segment. Other than that, the interior is clearly well made but a tad bland. SEAT used to have a bit more flare with their interiors (not always in a good way) but they have played it fairly safe with this model.

In terms of space, the Ateca has room for five with ...
    by Published on 05-06-2017 07:35 PM
    Article Preview

Reinvention is something you usually do when you’re fed up with your old life or have made some catastrophic mistake that means you need to change everything. For Skoda, there have been no such issues; in fact, they are making more cars and larger profits than ever.

What has changed is the public’s perception of car ownership. With cars now mostly bought via monthly payments, just like your electricity bill, many people just see them as a way to get from A to B. Nobody chooses to pay more than the minimum for their electricity so car manufacturers had to make sure this never happens to them. Thankfully, Skoda has come up with a solution

To prepare Skoda for the coming decades they are about to release the second of their SUVs, the Karoq, and they chose that coolest of countries, Sweden, to show it off to the world’s motoring press.

With many of the journalists present wondering why Skoda had chosen Sweden, I thought it was a smart move rather than going to a country hotel in South East England or a spa resort in the Czech Republic. While many countries have swathes of luxury hotels, Sweden is always seen as being hip with a great outdoor culture – that’s what Skoda wants to associate itself with.

Travelling by boat through the Stockholm archipelago, you can’t help but be impressed with the surroundings. As well as the parks full of people enjoying the sunshine, Sweden has the highest boat ownership per capita ...
    by Published on 03-06-2017 08:35 PM
    Article Preview

Now that SEAT have established the Ateca as the sportiest and most car like compact SUV from the VW Group, they are ready to do the same with a seven seat version.

This being the internet, SEAT have wisely put in place some restrictions so as not to have a Boaty McBoatface incident on their hands: the name must be taken from Spanish geography

If you are a SEAT fan, or just love Spain, then why not make your mark on automotive history and choose the name for what's going to be a top seller across Europe and beyond.

Here's the rules and how to get involved:

The initiative, which kicks off today, consists of four stages:

1. Proposals for names. Beginning today and running until 22 June, anyone can propose their favourite name for SEAT’s new model. In addition to the Spanish geography criteria, SEAT has included, among others, that the name matches the company’s brand values and product characteristics and that it is easy to pronounce in different languages. Each of the proposals received will be taken into consideration during this stage, regardless of the number of participants that submit each proposal.
    2. Shortlisting of entries. In view of the established set of criteria, experts at SEAT and in naming will be involved in the pre-selection stage, as well as customers from different countries in the focus groups organised by the brand, and tests will be carried out in the markets to shortlist at least
    by Published on 22-05-2017 08:18 PM
    Article Preview

Have you seen 17 plate Skoda Octavia recently and thought it was looking a bit dated? I though the car looked quite fresh but the good folks over at Mladá Boleslav, Czech Republic have created a new look for their best selling model and added a few extra bits of technology.

This change makes the Octavia fit the family look of the most recent Skoda Superb, launched in 2015, and the ‘soon to be seen everywhere’ Skoda Kodiaq. I think the lines flowed slightly better in the old shape, but there’s no doubting that the new look is more modern.

The main changes at the front end include updated split headlight design, with LED on most models, revised bumper and slicker foglight design.

With the might of the VW group behind them, Skoda have also updated the infotainment system with a now optional 9.2″ Columbus touchscreen satnav system. As well as including DAB, Apple CarPlay, Andoid Auto, and Wifi, it now has a capactive touchscreen meaning you don’t need to stab at the screen, it works using electrical charge just like your iPhone.

We had the chance to try out three combinations of the new Octavia: 2.0 TDI 150 DSG L&K Estate, 2.0 TDI 150 DSG SE L Hatch and 1.4 TSI 150 SE Hatch, all of which had a wide variety of options on them.

Starting at £19,530, the 1.4 petrol will be massively popular with families. Ours had an updated ‘Amundsen’ sat nav with WiFi but as standard it still comes with everything ...
    by Published on 14-04-2017 11:23 AM
    Article Preview

As a website, we’re here because of a love for Volkswagen Group products from the entry level right the way through to Porsche, Lamborhini and Bentley, but up until now there’s never really been a car covers that whole spectrum within one model. That’s all changed now that Skoda have unveiled their first SUV, the Kodiaq.

While many manufacturers have been creeping more and more upmarket, Skoda have been busy making some of the best value family cars you can buy. With it’s hot vRS versions, the Octavia is a popular choice for everyone from petrolheads to taxi drivers, and with the third generation launched in 2015 the Superb is currently the biggest estate car for sale in the UK.

All this while Volkswagen and Audi have been generating all the group SUV sales in this burgeoning market with their Touareg, Tiguan, Q3, Q5 and Q7 models – it was time for Skoda to shine.

Sitting between the Tiguan/Q3 and Touareg/Q7 in terms of size, the Skoda Kodiaq is a seven seat (standard on SE L or above) SUV built in the VW MQB platform. This means that it’s 4,697mm long (40mm longer than Octavia), 1,882mm wide and can have up to 104mm of legroom in the rear. In other words, it’s a very spacious car without being a massive, full-size SUV.

Looking head on to the car you get a sense that Skoda have done a good job over the last few years of creating a family look or “design language” in marketing speak. The Kodiaq looks like a pumped ...
  • AutoComSoft VIS Info System

VW Audi Forum - UK Sole Distributor for the AutoComSoft Vis Info System

The IDEAL companion for the VCDS user

• Poll Widget

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

Splash

Re: First day driving quattro in snow

You're right. That's what I tried later. Burying the option 3 or 4 layers into the menu system didn't help with frozen wet fingers and insufficient

Splash Today, 08:40 PM Go to last post
    andy_42

Clutch pedal is hard. Cannot press it at all.

I am not able to press my clutch pedal at all. I parked the car 1 hour ago (a golf 4, 1.6 akl, 1999), and when I pressed the clutch it remained all the

andy_42 Today, 08:17 PM Go to last post
    darich

Re: S-Tronic - do you engage N on traffic lights?

I used VCDS to set my stop/start to remember the last state it was in. So mine is switched off, but not deactivated. It means it can still be operated

darich Today, 06:59 PM Go to last post
    A6S

Re: First day driving quattro in snow

I found in my old golf the only way to drive in ice and snow was to keep the traction control off. You need a small degree of slip to get traction and

A6S Today, 05:05 PM Go to last post
    RavP

Audi A3 2.0TDi hydraulic clutch - free play (top of clutch)

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there's anyone that might be able to shed some light on a hydraulic clutch problem I'm having?

RavP Today, 04:39 PM Go to last post
    RavP

Re: Audi A3 (8P) 2.0 TDi - Clutch hydraulic problem!

Thank you

RavP Today, 04:28 PM Go to last post
    Whippy53

Re: Audi A3 (8P) 2.0 TDi - Clutch hydraulic problem!

Audi A3 - 8P - 2004 - 2012

Whippy53 Today, 04:16 PM Go to last post
    Tripletrouble

If I take my foot off the pedal the engine will stay off until I dab the throttle or move the steering wheel.

Tripletrouble Today, 04:03 PM Go to last post
    JayNana

Re: Brakes - Audi or Indy or other?

A7 has wear indicators, front and back, nearside only though (if no

I did it myself with OEM pads.

Few tips:

JayNana Today, 03:52 PM Go to last post
    JayNana

Kind similar, it's that era of cars.

They forgot that the whole purpose of the auto brake-hold was to take the foot 'off' the pedal [emoji16]

JayNana Today, 03:42 PM Go to last post
    Clownfist

Obd eleven and Carista

I bought Carista from amazon for £10 Which was a bargain. It does most things babe t I really want to enable VIM Which it can’t .
    I’ve been looking

Clownfist Today, 03:39 PM Go to last post
    robes401

I too used to never hold the car on the brake partly for this reason, however the A6 start-stop relies on you holding the car on the brake - i.e. the

robes401 Today, 03:12 PM Go to last post
    Waddie

Certainly do not hold on the brake and dazzle cars behind with brake lights. Don't know why I bother as no one else does

Waddie Today, 03:03 PM Go to last post
    Simba2004

Re: Unresolved - power steering fault audi a3 2003

Hi Crasher, you've helped me before, counting on you again! Have a 2010 1.6TDI A3 now and guess what... The rack seems to be on the way out. Do you have

Simba2004 Today, 02:04 PM Go to last post
    bingodingo

Re: Brakes - Audi or Indy or other?

Hi - I have been looking myself as I think my pads have only few thousand more miles left in them before they require changing. Mine in a 64 plate 2WD

bingodingo Today, 01:57 PM Go to last post

• Recent Blog Posts

PFJones

Most recent towbar fitting locations

Some the areas we have fitted towbars last couple of months.

Ashford...

PFJones 06-12-2017 03:39 PM

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -