Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

• Andrew[MG]

by Published on 05-01-2018 04:55 PM
    Article Preview

How different can three petrol Volkswagen Golfs really be? When they range from a 310PS Golf R with DSG, to a 150PS 6-speed manual using VWs new 1.5 TSI EVO engine the answer is, quite a lot.

We spent the day with Volkswagen testing some of their newest cars, including the Arteon, but they were keen to remind us just how versatile the current Golf line-up really is.

Golf Estate R 2.0 TSI 310PS DSG
    First up, for what was probably the wettest day of the year, we took out the fastest, fast Golf to see how it handled one of our favourite roads in Central Scotland, the B7086 Strathaven to Muirkirk Road.

The first thing you notice with the latest iteration of the Golf R is just how loud it is on start-up. Despite this car having the upgraded Vienna leather upholstery, which does elevate the interior, you could still mistake it for a lesser model – but not after you’ve pressed the starter button.

It only takes the first blip of the throttle to confirm that you’re in something pretty special. Pull out onto a quiet bit of road with the car in Race Mode (we kept it in that for the full drive), press the throttle and feel it grip and go.

For those of you who don’t know the B7086, it starts off quite wide and flowing but quickly changes to slower, tight second gear corners with lots of elevation changes and negative camber bends. As such, power and grip are key here and with actual rivers flowing ...
    by Published on 11-10-2017 08:22 PM
    Article Preview

“I want the fastest possible, new RS/AMG/M car!” That’s something that I, and probably lots of you, have thought when considering which new model to go for. For enthusiasts like us, it’s the natural way to think about your next purchase. So, when I was testing, not the second most powerful, but third down the list of quickest Audi A5 based models, the 2.0l TFSI, I was surprised to start thinking that it might be the pick of the bunch.

You’re probably already thinking that I should hand in my V-Power card, but bear with me.

Audi’s latest A5 is a striking bit of design from a company that has been ultra-conservative over the last 10 years. Plum for the RS5 or S5 variety and they do look more purposeful, but the difference is nowhere near as large as it was on say they B5 RS4 compared to a rep spec model.

Let’s start by looking at the stats for three of the petrol models:
    A5 2.0 TFSI, 252 PS, 370Nm 1,390 kg, 181PS/ton (remap to 300PS = 215PS/ton)
    S5, 354PS, 500Nm, 1,660 kg, 213PS/ton
    RS5, 450PS, 600Nm, 1,665 kg, 270Ps/ton

There’s no denying how much of a monster the RS5 is, however with a simple £500 remap the 2.0 TFSI can achieve a higher PS/ton then the S5.

Stats are all well and interesting but it’s how the cars feel on the road that counts, and this is where the 2.0l impresses most. While I’ve not driven the current RS5, what the smaller engined A5 has going ...
    by Published on 11-07-2017 06:24 PM
    Article Preview

Seven years is a long time for any model of car, but at the top end of the luxury segment it’s an eternity. That's how long it's been since the last generation Audi A8 was launched, but now we have news of its replacement.

When you’re spending upwards of £65,000 on a luxury saloon you expect it to not only drive well and be the ultimate palace of comfort, you also expect state of the art technology that those buying further down the food chain can’t even dream of.

To meet these uber high demands, Audi has just announced full details of their new, fourth generation 2017 A8 featuring “new design language, an innovative touchscreen operating concept and systematic drivetrain electrification”.

The real headline for this new flagship A8 is that it’s Audi’s big step towards a world of automated motoring with it being: “developed for highly automated driving”. With software updates coming in 2018, the A8 will have features such as parking pilot, garage pilot and traffic jam pilot.

Unlike the BMW 7 Series, the new A8 will be able to park itself into a space or garage while the driver just clicks a button from their smartphone – no actual remote control driving is required, which if you have tried the BMW system, you will know is a good thing.

Parking itself almost seems like quite a basic feature compared to Audi’s next bit of tech, the traffic jam pilot. This system allows, through the pressing ...
    by Published on 06-07-2017 04:44 PM
    Article Preview

The Skoda Yeti is a real people’s car, owned as daily driver for those with supercars to families who just need to be able to fit three children’s seats in the back. As its production run, starting in 2009, is about to come to an end, we take a look at the end of the line car to figure out if it’s going to be missed.

With the Karoq arriving soon, Skoda’s compact SUV line-up will be changed forever. With the Yeti, Skoda offered a car with the abilities of a four wheel drive SUV, but without too much compromise in driveability. The looks may have been divisive, but if you get past that, then you could get a real ‘do anything’ vehicle for just over £17k.

To fill the gap left by the Yeti, the Volkswagen group can now offer you an updated VW Tiguan (the comfortable option), a SEAT Ateca (the sporty option) and soon, the Skoda Karoq (the good value option). The thing is though, all of those are genuine compact SUVs, and that’s not necessarily what everyone wants to drive.

The Skoda Yeti is built on the VW A5 (PQ35) platform like the old MK6 Golf and MK2 Audi TT, and it was given a body that’s part hatchback, part MPV and small part SUV. This results in the Yeti having a few odd angles, and a hint of Popemobile, but with many real car people loving it. Perhaps it harks back to a time when manufacturers made curio models, like the Renault Vel Satis, and these were held dear to owner’s hearts. Unlike curios, however, the Skoda Yeti ...
    by Published on 23-06-2017 05:22 PM
    Article Preview

As a collective who are fond of the VW Group cars, we can quite often pigeon hole the brands; Audi = posh, VW = quality family vehicles, Skoda = value and SEAT = young and sporty. What happens, however, when the brands cross over into each other’s territory, for example, when SEAT makes a compact SUV? Can they really make it young and sporty?

To find out, we drove the new SEAT Ateca for a week and lived with it as a family car.

Our SEAT Ateca was a XCELLENCE 2.0 TDI 4Drive 150 PS 6-speed manual with the XCELLENCE Pack (top-view camera, Park Assist, and electric tailgate with virtual pedal), SEAT Sound System (135W/six-channel amplifier,10 speakers, boot mounted subwoofer and 18-inch space saver spare wheel) and 19-inch ‘Exclusive’ machined bi-colour alloy wheels.

Although the Ateca might look familiar, if you are used to the VW Tiguan, SEAT have given it a slightly sportier edge with some crisper lines. It’s also slightly smaller too, so I prefer to think of it as a raised up SEAT Leon.

The sporty intentions continue on the inside where there’s a decent level of bolstering on the seats - more than you’d anticipate of a car in this segment. Other than that, the interior is clearly well made but a tad bland. SEAT used to have a bit more flare with their interiors (not always in a good way) but they have played it fairly safe with this model.

In terms of space, the Ateca has room for five with ...
    by Published on 05-06-2017 07:35 PM
    Article Preview

Reinvention is something you usually do when you’re fed up with your old life or have made some catastrophic mistake that means you need to change everything. For Skoda, there have been no such issues; in fact, they are making more cars and larger profits than ever.

What has changed is the public’s perception of car ownership. With cars now mostly bought via monthly payments, just like your electricity bill, many people just see them as a way to get from A to B. Nobody chooses to pay more than the minimum for their electricity so car manufacturers had to make sure this never happens to them. Thankfully, Skoda has come up with a solution

To prepare Skoda for the coming decades they are about to release the second of their SUVs, the Karoq, and they chose that coolest of countries, Sweden, to show it off to the world’s motoring press.

With many of the journalists present wondering why Skoda had chosen Sweden, I thought it was a smart move rather than going to a country hotel in South East England or a spa resort in the Czech Republic. While many countries have swathes of luxury hotels, Sweden is always seen as being hip with a great outdoor culture – that’s what Skoda wants to associate itself with.

Travelling by boat through the Stockholm archipelago, you can’t help but be impressed with the surroundings. As well as the parks full of people enjoying the sunshine, Sweden has the highest boat ownership per capita ...
    by Published on 03-06-2017 08:35 PM
    Article Preview

Now that SEAT have established the Ateca as the sportiest and most car like compact SUV from the VW Group, they are ready to do the same with a seven seat version.

This being the internet, SEAT have wisely put in place some restrictions so as not to have a Boaty McBoatface incident on their hands: the name must be taken from Spanish geography

If you are a SEAT fan, or just love Spain, then why not make your mark on automotive history and choose the name for what's going to be a top seller across Europe and beyond.

Here's the rules and how to get involved:

The initiative, which kicks off today, consists of four stages:

1. Proposals for names. Beginning today and running until 22 June, anyone can propose their favourite name for SEAT’s new model. In addition to the Spanish geography criteria, SEAT has included, among others, that the name matches the company’s brand values and product characteristics and that it is easy to pronounce in different languages. Each of the proposals received will be taken into consideration during this stage, regardless of the number of participants that submit each proposal.
    2. Shortlisting of entries. In view of the established set of criteria, experts at SEAT and in naming will be involved in the pre-selection stage, as well as customers from different countries in the focus groups organised by the brand, and tests will be carried out in the markets to shortlist at least
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

If you need new insurance or your renewal is due, and you are looking for a good deal then please try the
    VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• Latest Poll

• Recent Forum Posts

Roverfan

Re: 2009 Jetta 1.6TDi CAYC EGR fault codes

The feedback pin seems to be pin6 from what you've posted (three thinner wires are power, ground and feedback for potentiometer/position sensor) but the

Roverfan Today, 12:53 AM Go to last post
    cgentil

Fuel Gauge Needle Oscillation

Hello All,

I have installed a new HELLA 8TF 358 106-061 fuel delivery pump and all is ok.

Passat B6 2.0 TDi Engine.

cgentil Yesterday, 02:08 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: VW T4 Indicators stuck on when central locking

Not a common one but it will be the J276 central locking controller indicator output relay sticking but these are obsolete so you ned to find a used one

Crasher Yesterday, 11:14 AM Go to last post
    armandunkn

High Beam assist for C7.5 Allroad Facelift with MATRIX

Hi,

I am looking for the steps on how to change the high beam activation speed threshold on my facelift with Matrix. While working out with

armandunkn Yesterday, 10:44 AM Go to last post
    armandunkn

Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks

Hello,

I have an A6 C7.5 Allroad 2016 and I m trying to change the High beam assist threshold, while working out with OBD11 team they told

armandunkn Yesterday, 10:39 AM Go to last post
    Semitones

Re: 2009 Jetta 1.6TDi CAYC EGR fault codes

Bump

Semitones Yesterday, 05:55 AM Go to last post
    MrT1983

Re: Fitted these Audi A5 alloys to a touran

Did you lower this? I've just put some a5 wheels with the same size tyres on my touran and the arch gap is massive, it looks alot bigger than yours, im

MrT1983 17-03-2024, 10:57 PM Go to last post
    LRHT4

VW T4 Indicators stuck on when central locking

I am struggling with an ongoing electrical issue.

51 plate VW Caravelle 2.5TDI

When I lock the van with key fob, sometimes

LRHT4 17-03-2024, 08:16 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Mk3 16 plate TDI 184 FR clutch issue.

Ahh, I would be thinking about the Sachs X-Tend kit with DMF.

Crasher 17-03-2024, 07:49 PM Go to last post
    davedlewis

Thanks again for the advice, I’m only double checking as half the mileage is towing a transporter trailer with weight close to the limit. It’s a great

davedlewis 17-03-2024, 06:10 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: 2.4 v6 cambelt change help

You can download and save as a pdf everything to do with your car from erWin. As you will not have used it before I suggest paying €30 for a day

Crasher 17-03-2024, 01:22 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

That is very low milage. The usual action would be to insist on a four piece clutch DMF kit but even with my mega fussy mechanic hat on I am tempted to

Crasher 17-03-2024, 01:17 PM Go to last post
    csp22uk

2.4 v6 cambelt change help

Hi everyone, ive a 1997 2.4v6, that i need to do a cambelt on, but struggling to find any write ups or torque wrench settings, can anyone help?

csp22uk 17-03-2024, 08:28 AM Go to last post
    mickeybo

Re: 2003 Ford Galaxy (Sharan) 1.9 ASZ TDi Fan Control Module Issues.

First check on this has to be the coolant temp sensor resistance taken at cold should read approx 2-3 k the very most likely cause of your problem with

mickeybo 17-03-2024, 01:07 AM Go to last post
    Lucian189

Re: SQ7 Power Loss Issue / Popping Noise

Have you managed to fix this issue >?? I have the same problem,changed some expensive parts ,still same ..power /boost drops plus turbo 1 surges instantly

Lucian189 16-03-2024, 10:43 PM Go to last post

• Recent Blog Posts

• Google Ads - One

• Google Ads - Two

• Google Ads - Three

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - Scania - MAN - Ducatti - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -