Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

• stuart

by Published on 22-05-2021 11:11 AM
    Article Preview

• CUPRA Born bucket seats use upcycled materials removed from the Mediterranean Sea
    • SEAQUAL® YARN polymer created from material found by fishermen and volunteers in seas, oceans, rivers and estuaries
    • Collaboration reaffirms CUPRA’s commitment to innovation and a more circular economy
    • The CUPRA Born’s world premiere will take place on May 25th

CUPRA has worked with SEAQUAL INITIATIVE to manufacture the bucket seats for the CUPRA Born from upcycled materials found in the Mediterranean Sea.

The CUPRA Born’s new bucket seats will be created from a recycled polymer fibre fabric, called SEAQUAL® YARN. Marine litter from beaches, the ocean floor and surface, or entering oceans from rivers and estuaries, is collected by a clean-up programme and sorted into different material types. The plastic is cleaned, treated and recycled into yarn that has almost identical in physical properties to virgin polyester.

The material is produced thanks to the collaboration of fishermen, NGOs and local communities, who collect the material and helps to preserve the Mediterranean’s natural resources

The joint project with SEAQUAL INITIATIVE contributes to a more circular economy and the continuous cleaning of the planet’s seas, rivers and oceans.

CUPRA Director of Strategy, Business Development and Operations Antonino Labate
    commented: “With the CUPRA Born, our first 100% electric vehicle, we’re entering a new electric era. The partnership with SEAQUAL INITIATIVE to create the seats for this new model demonstrates that sustainability, ...
    by Published on 22-05-2021 11:06 AM
    Article Preview

• 100 years since Bentley’s first ever race win
    • 24x 3-Litre Bentleys gather at Brooklands to celebrate, 100 years after 16 May 1921
    • Victorious car - EXP2, the second Bentley built by W.O. Bentley himself and oldest Bentley in the world – makes headline appearance

100 years to the day since the first race win for a Bentley, the winning car itself – known as EXP2 – returned to the famous Brooklands Racetrack in Surrey yesterday to lead a cavalcade of 3-Litre Bentleys to celebrate the centenary of its victory.

EXP2 is the oldest Bentley in the world, and only the second car ever built by W.O. Bentley’s fledgling company in 1921. EXP2 led a field of 24 3-Litres from across the country, which formed up on the remaining section of the banked Brooklands circuit where Bentley took its first win on 16 May 1921. On that day, the car took victory in the Whitsun Junior Sprint Handicap at the hands of ‘works’ driver Frank Clement, starting a series of race wins for the 3-Litre model that culminated in two victories at the 24 Hours of Le Mans – Bentley’s first in
    1924, driven by Clement and John Duff, and again in 1927. Between those successes, in 1925 Duff also used a 3-Litre to secure a total of 21 world records over the course of 24 hours.

These early victories for the 3-Litre engrained motorsport in the foundations of Bentley, and paved for the way for more than 1,600 3-Litre models to be produced and sold.

The collection of 3-Litres and the event itself was organised by the Bentley Drivers’ Club, whose chairman Richard Parkinson comments:

by Published on 22-05-2021 11:02 AM
    Article Preview

• Bentley marks 75 year anniversary since the Bentley Mk VI was the first model to roll off the Crewe production line in 1946
    • 206 unique models and 197,086 cars handcrafted since - 97 per cent of Bentley’s entire production
    • To mark the occasion the Mk VI’s predecessor, the Mk V, the last pre-Crewe model, stands proudly on display at Bentley’s famous Pyms Lane factory
    • Current daily production at record levels, 85 cars per day, equalling monthly run rate of two decades ago – all from the world’s only carbon neutral luxury car factory
    • Ambitious plan, targeting sustainable luxury mobility leadership, extends to end-to-end carbon neutral by 2030 with entire model range switched to battery electric vehicles

Bentley Motors today marks 75 years of car production from the luxury marque’s iconic factory in Crewe, England. The revered Mk V, the very last car to be built in Derby before the dawn of the Crewe era in May 1946, today stood proudly on display along Pyms Lane as the current generation Bentley models rolled off the production line at record levels.

During this 75 year period, 197,086 luxury cars - 97 per cent of Bentley’s entire production - have been handcrafted, an extraordinary milestone when considered that just 38,933 were built before modern day models such as the Continental GT and Bentayga were introduced from the turn of the century.

Remarkably, records show that 84 per cent of all cars built in Crewe for the UK market are still on the road today, with that number growing at unmatched levels. Bentley is currently building 85 cars per day; one month’s output, two decades ago.
    Commenting on the significant achievement, Peter Bosch, ...
    by Published on 14-05-2021 11:53 AM
    Article Preview

• New features and options for the Flying Spur, building on the best
    • Exterior paint palette increases to 63, with the addition of Cambrian Grey
    • City Specification, Welcome Lighting and Air Ioniser now standard
    • New open pore woods and a new exterior colour expand customer choice
    • Noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) eliminated via advanced computer-aided technology
    • Sustainable design process used to create the Flying Spur’s ultimate in-cabin experience
    • Zero-waste Virtual Prototyping reduces physical parts in test phase
    • Unrivalled refinement pays homage to founder W.O. Bentley’s mantra of building a ‘dead silent 100 mph car’

The world’s finest four door sedan has been made even better with increased technology and comfort now as standard, along with new and contemporary interior veneer choices and a new exterior paint - Cambrian Grey, that expands the standard paint palette to 63 colours.

City Specification consolidates an array of optional content and becomes part of the standard vehicle specification at 22 Model Year. These features include; Traffic sign recognition, hands free boot opening, extended safeguard features, top view camera, welcome lighting and automatic dimming mirrors, as well as the Air Ioniser. This adds a greater depth of features to one of the most luxurious cabins of any grand tourer.

The serenely quiet Flying Spur benefits from the application of state-of-the-art technology to deliver the ultimate, in-cabin experience. Noise, vibration and harshness - known in the automotive industry as NVH - have been painstakingly eliminated, helping to ensure the Flying Spur is not only the world’s finest, luxury four-door Grand Tourer, but also offers phenomenal acoustic ...
    by Published on 14-05-2021 11:48 AM
    Article Preview

• Design sketch reveals first impression of the new Polo GTI1
    • Successful compact sports car is sharper, full of power and dynamism
    • World premiere scheduled for end of June 2021

Just in time for the traditional GTI weekend meet on Lake Wörthersee, which is again unable to take place due to COVID-19, Volkswagen is offering a first peek at the new Polo GTI. The compact sports car is based on the new Polo that was recently presented, and will become the premium version of the product line. This GTI model also represents pure dynamism and expressive design – the success factors of the GTI concept. The official world premiere of the new Polo GTI will take place at the end of June 2021.

“Once a GTI, always a GTI” – that’s how fans of the sporty Volkswagen models with the “magic three letters” continually express their loyalty. GTI – pure fascination and excitement. The success story continues, with the new Polo GTI in the starting blocks. Traditionally, it is the sportiest model in the Polo series. With its high-torque front-wheel drive, dynamically tuned sports chassis and expressive design, it really stands out from the crowd. Moreover, it fulfils the promise of exceptional driving dynamics in combination with exceptional everyday usability.

The legendary GTI meet at Wörthersee Lake

The GTI meet can look back on a long history. GTI fans met for the first time in 1982 in the Austrian municipality of Reifnitz/Maria Wörth. Over the years, the event not only attracted car enthusiasts, ...
    by Published on 14-05-2021 11:44 AM
    Article Preview

• The core components of the latest e-vehicle generation are manufactured at Volkswagen Group Components in Braunschweig, Germany
    • Performance variants from 45 kWh1 to 77 kWh2/3; range of up to 549 km in the WLTP
    • Rapid charging with a capacity of up to 125 kW, power for 320 km in 30 minutes

What do the fully electric compact Volkswagen ID.3, the ID.4, which was recently singled out for the “2021 World Car of the Year” award, and the recently presented high-performance model ID.4 GTX have in common? They all have cutting-edge technology on board in the shape of the high-voltage battery system from Volkswagen Group Components in Braunschweig. This makes for strong performance, long range, excellent safety and rapid charging. The demand for attractive and affordable electric vehicles based on the modular electric drive matrix (MEB) is so high that the site recently expanded production to up to 500,000 batteries a year.

Thomas Schmall, member of the Group Board of Management for Technology and CEO of Volkswagen Group Components: “The battery is the technical heart of the electric vehicle as it determines driving pleasure, costs, range and charging experience. For this reason, it plays a key role for ensuring sustained customer satisfaction in our Group brands.”

Battery systems are therefore an integral part of making the ACCELERATE brand strategy a reality. The Volkswagen brand has announced that it will significantly increase its sales figures for electric vehicles by 2030: it intends to increase unit sales of all-electric models (BEV) in Europe to 70 percent, and to 50 percent in the US and China. The long-term aim is complete decarbonisation of the brand in terms ...
    by Published on 14-05-2021 11:38 AM
    Article Preview

• Comprehensive technology update for the long version of the Tiguan.
    • Travel Assist supports the driver when steering, braking and accelerating.
    • New equipment matrix, new touch controls and optional Harman Kardon premium sound system.
    • Variable interior with a third row of seats (optional) and space for up to seven passengers.
    • Successful long-wheelbase version: 1.5 million vehicles sold globally since launch in 2017.

The Tiguan was given an update back in autumn 2020 and now it is the turn of the long-wheelbase version: revised design, new control and assist systems, new premium features such as interactive IQ.LIGHT LED matrix headlights and touch panels to control the standard automatic air conditioner take the Tiguan Allspace to the next level. Currently, more than every second Tiguan (55 percent) that rolls off the production line worldwide has a long wheelbase. The XL version of the Tiguan Allspace can, upon request, be fitted to become an SUV with seven seats or boast 1,920 litres of storage space. Pre-sales start in the next few weeks. In Germany, it is available in the new specification packages Life, Elegance and R-Line.

Since the start of production of the long version in 2017, around 1.5 million units of the long-wheelbase version (LWB) have been sold worldwide. The long version offered in Europe as the Tiguan Allspace is optionally available with a third row of seats – a rare specification option in this segment. This feature makes it a perfect partner for families and people with an active lifestyle.

After the major visual and technological update of the Tiguan, the Tiguan Allspace is now next ...
    Page 9 of 164 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

If you need new insurance or your renewal is due, and you are looking for a good deal then please try the
    VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• Latest Poll

• Recent Forum Posts

northeao

Re: What battery should I get?

Hi there, If you don't mind me asking, which battery did you end up replacing your old battery with as I have the identical battery as your old one and

northeao Yesterday, 09:34 PM Go to last post
    2008tdihighline

Re: Rear knocking it's **** off

I read some much about people opting for these as a decent replacement but after maybe 2k miles covered they began knocking! I thought it can't be the

2008tdihighline Yesterday, 08:58 PM Go to last post
    Papereyes

Oil dipstick

Hi all

So I've been having the max oil warning light pop up on my dashboard and wanted to drain some oil away. I was looking online and

Papereyes Yesterday, 06:47 PM Go to last post
    Heppi021

Unknown Issue.

I have the following issue with my Audi A4 B8.5 2012 2.0 TDI Quattro 177 HP :

"Steering Lock : Contact Workshop" : It randomly

Heppi021 Yesterday, 05:40 PM Go to last post
    Heppi021

Re: Steering Lock : Contact Workshop.

Still could not get a VCDS scan, because I do not have the software. The car does not start anymore only if my foot is on the clutch and push in the key

Heppi021 Yesterday, 05:20 PM Go to last post
    armandunkn

Re: High Beam assist for C7.5 Allroad Facelift with MATRIX

I do have the camera above the rain sensor but not the one below the mirror as in this attached pic. However, I for sure do have matrix as I have seen

armandunkn Yesterday, 09:39 AM Go to last post
    futtret

Re: A3 2.0L TDI Maintenance Thread

So that's the heating matrix replaced, the timing belt & water pump, and G12 Evo coolant used. Oh and some other exhaust system sensor 2 or something,

futtret 27-03-2024, 09:35 PM Go to last post
    MFGF

My 2016 A6 Facelift had Matrix headlights, and AutoScan in VCDS didn't detect a Module 20 on mine. If it helps, this is a scan of the car from while I

MFGF 27-03-2024, 07:21 PM Go to last post
    c..corgill

D o m

anyone know where or should is the date of manufacture be on a bosch car battery.
    dont want to buy one over 3 mths old.

c..corgill 27-03-2024, 05:45 PM Go to last post
    r.vaneck

Re: Hi to all

Welcome to this forum .. I've been a fan and supporter of the Audi V6 TDI's and the A6 in particular since 2003, so if there is any problem, let me know!

r.vaneck 27-03-2024, 01:05 PM Go to last post
    Kayte

Unknown fault 9632 reductant level sensor

Hi
    We have a VW Sharan S TDi (2011 diesel)
    Be very grateful for any advice in tracing a possible fault that our VW garage can’t identify.

Kayte 27-03-2024, 10:05 AM Go to last post
    Johnny31

You cannot have adaptive/matrix headlights without a camera.
    So, what do you have? Post a pic.

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Johnny31 27-03-2024, 08:21 AM Go to last post
    Badyns

Hi to all

Hi to all. I've just purchased an A6 2009 3lt TDI Allroad, so I am looking forward to some forum interaction with knowledgeable chaps while sorting out

Badyns 27-03-2024, 08:14 AM Go to last post
    smiffypr

Re: Advice please

There are VCDS things on Ebay, the cheaper listings will be a cable only, then you have to find free software with limited abilities. There are some second

smiffypr 27-03-2024, 02:21 AM Go to last post
    armandunkn

A6 C7 Allroad Bitdi 320hp ECU software 0003 or 0004?

Hi,

I am about to upgrade my ECU from

FL_4G0907589F_0001 to either 0003 or 0004 which are before dieselgate. Does anyone have more info

armandunkn 27-03-2024, 12:16 AM Go to last post

• Recent Blog Posts

• Google Ads - One

• Google Ads - Two

• Google Ads - Three

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - Scania - MAN - Ducatti - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -