Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

• stuart

by Published on 18-09-2021 05:12 PM
    Article Preview

• ŠKODA cars use anonymised vehicle data to warn fellow drivers of poor road conditions
    • ‘Local Hazard Information Service’ can even detect minor road damage such as potholes
    • Service is based on swarm data intelligence: the more vehicles supply data, the more precise the analyses and predictions become
    • More than three million vehicles set to provide data by the end of 2022
    • Available for the Enyaq iV, Fabia, Kamiq, Kodiaq, Octavia, Scala and Superb in the UK as part of ŠKODA Connect services

The ŠKODA ‘Local Hazard Information Service’ provides drivers with detailed information about current road conditions. By collecting and evaluating anonymous vehicle data, the system is able to warn of approaching hazards such as slippery or damaged road surfaces via the infotainment system, actively increasing safety in the process.

Accelerometers and ABS sensors – that measure the acceleration and braking of the car - allow the required data to be captured continuously during each journey. Meanwhile, innovative virtual sensors estimate the friction between the tyres and the road surface based on wheel slip. The combined data is anonymised and transmitted to the cloud, where aggregated information from all connected vehicles is paired with metadata, such as weather information or previous measurements. Using the data collected, the road network can be displayed as a precise three-dimensional model, which is used to send alerts to vehicles when they find themselves approaching or within an area with bad road surfaces.

If a connected vehicle ...
    by Published on 18-09-2021 05:06 PM
    Article Preview

• New Polo starts from Ł17,885 OTR in new Life trim; 95 PS TSI includes Travel Assist, Digital Cockpit and Adaptive Cruise Control
    • Refresh significantly builds upon equipment package of the outgoing model, including intelligent IQ.Light LED matrix headlights
    • New Y-shaped specification structure incorporates familiar Life, Style and R-Line variants, offering sportiness or luxury from top trims

The Volkswagen Polo is one of Britain’s most popular cars, the high-quality and dependable supermini having appeared regularly among the country’s top-sellers across its illustrious history. Bolstering its position as a class-leader, the model has been refreshed and enhanced, with intelligent assistance systems and innovations, a new look and trim levels, and even more generous standard equipment. The new model is available to order now, from Ł17,885 OTR.

The Polo is currently in its sixth generation, and was introduced to the UK market in 1975. More than 18 million have been produced during its 46-year lifespan. This latest version – the mid-life enhancement of its sixth iteration – rationalises the model’s trim line-up into the familiar Y-structure of other Volkswagen models; the range starting at Ł17,885 OTR with the Polo Life, and moving up into a two-pronged structure of comfort-focused Style and sportily-designed R-Line specifications, both priced from Ł20,785 OTR. The high-performance Polo GTI will arrive at a later date.

Four engine and gearbox configurations are available across the standard Polo line-up – all 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engines, ranging in power output from 80 PS to 110 PS. A five-speed ...
    by Published on 18-09-2021 05:00 PM
    Article Preview

• All-new Fabia priced from Ł14,905 on the road (OTR)
    • First Fabia built on Volkswagen Group’s MQB-A0 platform
    • Available from launch with four trim grade options
    • Four EVO petrol engines with outputs of 65PS, 80PS, 95PS and 110PS
    • All models equipped with LED headlights, Front Assist, Lane Assist and air-conditioning
    • Largest boot capacity in segment with 380 litres
    • More than 4.5 million Fabia models sold worldwide since 1999
    • Open for order from Tuesday 28 September 2021

The new-look ŠKODA Fabia is set to makes waves in its segment thanks to its bold, stylish design, superior connectivity and new technology. The first Fabia to be based on Volkswagen Group’s modular MQB-A0 platform, it will be priced from Ł14,905 OTR when order books open on 28 September 2021.

The new model arrives 21 years after the first-generation Fabia set new standards for space, value and quality in the UK supermini sector. Since its first appearance, the Fabia has become the benchmark car in its class and has played an instrumental role in growing the ŠKODA brand.

Building on the strength of its predecessors, the new Fabia is the most spacious car within its segment and delivers a range of new comfort features in addition to a plethora of new safety and assistance systems. Classic ŠKODA qualities, such as excellent value for money, high functionality and new Simply Clever features, confirm the Fabia as the perfect entry-level model to the ŠKODA range.

The UK range will consist of four highly specified trim grades from launch: S, SE Comfort, SE L and Colour Edition. The SE Comfort and SE L trims will appeal to drivers looking for an excellent drive and a well-appointed ...
    by Published on 28-08-2021 04:40 PM
    Article Preview

• Five engines cover an output range from 48 kW (65hp) to 110 kW (150 hp)
    • Numerous innovative solutions reduce the EVO engines’ fuel consumption and emissions

More choice, a wider output range and even greater efficiency: the fourth-generation ŠKODA Fabia is launched with five efficient engines from the Volkswagen Group’s latest EVO generation. They deliver outputs ranging from 48 kW (65 hp) to 110 kW (150 hp) and comply with the stringent Euro 6d emissions standard.

The all-new Fabia is offered with a choice of five drivetrains from the Volkswagen Group’s EVO engine generation, all of which meet the Euro 6d emissions standard. The two 1.0 MPI engines now deliver an output of 48 kW (65 hp) and 59 kW (80 hp). A manual 5-speed gearbox is installed for both engines, as well as the 1.0 TSI with 70 kW (95 hp). The 1.0 TSI with 81 kW (110 hp) comes with a 6-speed manual gearbox or 7-speed DSG. The most powerful engine for the new Fabia is the 1.5 TSI with 110 kW (150 hp) and a 7-speed DSG.

The majority of the engines and all the transmissions for the new ŠKODA Fabia are produced in the Czech Republic. The MPI engines and 1.0 TSI powertrains are produced in Mladá Boleslav and the manual transmissions also leave the assembly line at ŠKODA’s main plant.

The 7-speed DSG is manufactured at ŠKODA’s Vrchlabí plant.

Many innovative solutions for the EVO engines reduce fuel consumption and emissions

ŠKODA AUTO has made numerous refinements that reduce the fuel consumption and emissions of the two MPI engines from the current ...
    by Published on 28-08-2021 04:35 PM
    Article Preview

• Flying Spur Mulliner builds even further on “the best car in the world”
    • Available with Bentley’s all-new V6 petrol Hybrid, or sublime V8 and W12 petrol powertrains
    • Third member of Bentley Mulliner Collections portfolio, announced at Monterey Car Week
    • Exquisitely appointed sedan is ultimate expression of modern craftsmanship and breath-taking luxury
    • Designed and hand-built by Mulliner – Bentley’s bespoke division and the oldest coachbuilder in the world
    • Unique exterior includes Double Diamond front grille, unique 22-inch wheel design and elegant Mulliner detailing
    • Handcrafted interior features tri-tone colour split, diamond milled finish centre console beautiful details

Bentley Mulliner today announces the new Flying Spur Mulliner – the ultimate in four-door luxury Grand Touring and Mulliner’s first electrified Bentley. Whether enjoying the technically advanced V6 Hybrid powertrain, the emotional V8 or endless waves of torque from the W12, customers will still benefit from the exquisite detailing offered by the latest Mulliner product.

Revealed at the prestigious Monterey Car Week in California, the elegantly appointed sedan sits at the pinnacle of the Flying Spur family, combining the very finest in modern craftsmanship and breath-taking luxury.

The most luxurious Flying Spur to date has been created and developed by Bentley Mulliner and designed, engineered and handcrafted in Great Britain. Taking its place as the flagship of the Bentley range, the new Flying Spur Mulliner will appeal to customers who desire an even greater focus on elegant details.

Beautifully appointed detailing includes exclusive Mulliner 22-inch wheels, ...
    by Published on 28-08-2021 04:27 PM
    Article Preview

• Twin motors boost power output to 195kW (265PS) - the most powerful Enyaq iV to date
    • 82kWh battery (77kWh net) delivers WLTP range of 303 miles
    • 125kW DC rapid charging as standard - charging to 80% in just 38 minutes
    • Priced from Ł46,610 OTR - available to order now

ŠKODA is expanding its acclaimed Enyaq iV electric SUV line-up with the arrival of a new, all-wheel-drive 80x SportLine model. Priced from Ł46,610, the new model is also the most powerful Enyaq iV to date with an output of 195kW (265PS).

The 80x SportLine is fitted with a second electric motor that drives the front axle. The combined 195kW output of the front and rear motors means that the newest addition to the Enyaq iV range is also the fastest with a 0-62mph time of 6.9 seconds. The 80x model also delivers significantly more torque than the standard rear-wheel drive SportLine model thanks to its twin motor arrangement. The combined torque figure for the 80x SportLine is 425Nm, which provides exceptional levels of agility and acceleration.

In terms of power consumption and range, the 80x SportLine has a WLTP range figure of 303 miles. Official consumption is 3.5 miles per kWh under WLTP test conditions. 80x SportLine models are equipped with 125kW rapid charging capability as standard, which means the newcomer can charge from 0-80% in as little as 38 minutes when connected to a 150kW+ DC rapid charger. A charge from empty to full will take around 13 hours on a domestic wallbox with an output of 7.2kW.

Like the rear-wheel drive model, 80x SportLine ...
    by Published on 08-08-2021 02:01 PM
    Article Preview

• The plug-in hybrid drivetrain is available in Life, Elegance and R-Line forms, continuing the model’s breadth of appeal
    • New eHybrid opens for order in UK today, priced from Ł35,515 OTR and Ł35,460 P11D, with a BIK rate from only 11%
    • Latest PHEV in the Volkswagen range takes the brand another step forward on its Way To Zero carbon emissions

The fleet-friendly Volkswagen Tiguan eHybrid has opened for order to UK customers today, priced from Ł35,515 OTR in Life trim. The latest addition to Volkswagen’s plug-in hybrid range is a key piece in the company’s Way To Zero climate strategy. The newest PHEV model from the brand has a CO2 output from just 38 g/km (WLTP) and fuel economy of up to 176.6 mpg (WLTP, combined), with the capability to travel up to 30 miles purely on electric power from a single full charge.

The eHybrid drivetrain combines a 1.4-litre TSI petrol engine and a powerful electric motor, resulting in peak system output of 245 PS. It is available on value-packed Life, luxury-focused Elegance, and sporty R-Line trims, with respective WLTP CO2 emissions of 38, 43 and 41 g/km. The Life, starting at Ł35,515 OTR, also boasts a low P11D price of Ł35,460, and BIK taxation rate from only 11%, while the other trim levels represent similar value, especially to fleet customers, with respective BIK taxation rates of 13% and 11% for the Elegance and R-Line.

The high power output of the Tiguan eHybrid is complemented by an abundance of instant torque from the electric motor, while the petrol engine provides 250 Nm of twisting force, available between 1,550 and 3,500 ...
    Page 4 of 164 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

If you need new insurance or your renewal is due, and you are looking for a good deal then please try the
    VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• Latest Poll

• Recent Forum Posts

SE_Technik_190

Re: 2015 B8 A4 suspension rattle...... Help!

Thanks, will certainly look at that as a possibility. I want to have at least a good idea of what it isn't, before I hand it over to someone who may just

SE_Technik_190 Today, 06:29 PM Go to last post
    enoksen90

Re: Touran 2.0TDI BMN cranks, no start

Checked all fuses and relays under the dash and besides the battery. All seems good. could it be tandem pump? I don't have proper tools

enoksen90 Today, 04:16 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Propshaft part numbers

What is the VIN?

DO NOT send it to Bailey Morris, I sent them an S2 proshaft in January and they have lost it!

Crasher Today, 03:36 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: audi a6 c5 2,5 tdi 2004 battery drain and alternator problems. also f125 module

The F125 switch could be the end of the car, the unit it is part of went obsolete two months ago.

Crasher Today, 03:35 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Touran 2.0TDI BMN cranks, no start

300rpm is perfect.

Crasher Today, 03:26 PM Go to last post
    gareth23

Re: 2015 B8 A4 suspension rattle...... Help!

I had a similar annoying rattle on my B7 and 3 different garages looked at it with nothing found, I replaced a track rod due to a split boot and noticed

gareth23 Today, 02:24 PM Go to last post
    Omy193

Re: SQ7 Tdi turbo issue

ok thanks, i will be replacing EGR cooler and EGR Valve. Will post my update soon.

Omy193 Today, 02:21 PM Go to last post
    mhobson

Re: A6 estate power tailgate

OK today I did this, I did not realise that the splines were what my engineer father would have called anti-murphy, one spline a bit wider than the rest,

mhobson Today, 02:11 PM Go to last post
    mike ryan

Re: 2005 c5 allroad rear subframe parts

Actually it looks like they do the mounting bushes also. I did put the fronts on as well but didn't like the way they felt and due to the split design

mike ryan Today, 01:28 PM Go to last post
    mike ryan

Strongflex was the company I got them from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike ryan Today, 01:23 PM Go to last post
    mike ryan

Propshaft part numbers

My allroad has had problems with the propshaft for ages. I have replaced the centre bearing and joints but I am still not happy with it. I see that you

mike ryan Today, 01:22 PM Go to last post
    mike ryan

I can't help with the mounting bushes but I replaced all of the ones for the arms. Original ones were hard to find and some only come as an arm assembly.

mike ryan Today, 01:17 PM Go to last post
    mike ryan

Re: audi a6 c5 2,5 tdi 2004 battery drain and alternator problems. also f125 module

I have an allroad of the same age and had no end of troubles with alternators. I am on my 4th. The battery is always draining no matter what I do. In

mike ryan Today, 01:11 PM Go to last post
    Wimzei

Re: 2.0 TDI tensioner failed DETA

The car is from 2018, the timing kit has done 190tkm

Here is picture of top end.

Audi has hang me left

Wimzei Today, 12:45 PM Go to last post
    SE_Technik_190

2015 B8 A4 suspension rattle...... Help!

We've had this car since 2017 and for the last 18-24 months have had a rattle that's getting slowly worse.

Rattles briefly after passing

SE_Technik_190 Today, 11:12 AM Go to last post

• Recent Blog Posts

• Google Ads - One

• Google Ads - Two

• Google Ads - Three

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - Scania - MAN - Ducatti - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -