Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

• stuart

by Published on 21-12-2020 12:10 PM
    Article Preview

• Unique open-top model with V12 engine by Lamborghini Squadra Corse
    • Carbon fiber body featuring racing aerodynamics
    • Innovative design by Lamborghini Centro Stile

Lamborghini Squadra Corse presents the SC20, a unique specimen of an open-top track car type-approved for road use. The SC20 is the second one-off engineered by the motorsport department and designed by Centro Stile in Sant’Agata Bolognese: the car was created following the customer’s wishes, who was involved in the project from the very first drawings by Lamborghini’s designers.

The common goal was to build a unique vehicle, extreme in its design and performance, and able to combine aerodynamic solutions taken from racing Lamborghinis incorporating unprecedented lines and exclusive details. “Two years after the SC18 Alston, the SC20 was a new, intriguing challenge. The chief sources of inspiration were the Diablo VT Roadster, Aventador J, Veneno Roadster and Concept S, and the result is a dramatic combination of creativity and racing attitude,” commented Mitja Borkert, Head of Design Lamborghini Centro Stile.

The carbon fiber body was polished and slicked down by hand by the Lamborghini aerodynamic engineers to deliver optimal airflow for both performance and the cockpit’s occupants, ensuring comfortable open-air driving even at high speeds. The pronounced front splitter is framed by two fins and the air intakes on the front hood are inspired by those of the Huracán GT3 EVO, while the sculpted body sides reflect the solutions adopted on the Essenza SCV12. The ...
    by Published on 21-12-2020 12:05 PM
    Article Preview

• “Completely knocked down”: since 1950, the Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand has been exporting vehicles as kits of parts and assembling them in other countries
    • Objective: developing markets and linking Volkswagen’s global production network
    • About 25,000 overseas containers shipped to 10 countries and 27 locations every year
    • About 200 million vehicles exported to date
    • High-tech shipment with robotic systems and artificial intelligence

Since 1950, the Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand has been exporting vehicles dismantled into individual parts in order to assemble them in the destination country. This approach is referred to as “completely knocked down” (CKD). Initially, the approach was to open up new markets; nowadays, CKD also ensures supplies to Volkswagen’s global production network – and is a key factor in sales. To date, about 200 million vehicles have been exported to countries throughout the world.

About 3 million further vehicles or parts are added every year. The first vehicle to be assembled from individual parts supplied in a box was the legendary Beetle.

The CKD approach may be adopted for a number of reasons; it may not be viable to build a factory in the country concerned, volumes may be too low for local production, the cost of new tooling for a local plant may be too high or customs and import regulations may call for this approach.

Wolfsburg is the nerve center

This is how it works: all the orders received from overseas plants are collected centrally in Wolfsburg. The supply management team ensures that the vehicle parts are ...
    by Published on 21-12-2020 12:00 PM
    Article Preview

• Complicated name, fascinating function: information is projected into the driver’s field of view
    • Turn arrows and markings are superimposed over actual surroundings to create a new driving experience
    • Volkswagen is the first volume manufacturer to introduce the new technology in the compact segment with the models ID.31 and ID.42
    • Frank Welsch, Member of the Board of Management for Development: “We are introducing genuine innovations in the compact class – that is what sets Volkswagen.”

With the new augmented reality head-up display, Volkswagen is merging the virtual and real worlds. The innovative system superimposes selected symbols onto the outside world and displays them dynamically. Volkswagen is the first car manufacturer in the world to introduce this technology in the compact segment, and is therefore making it affordable for many customers. The new convenience function will be introduced first in the all- electric ID.3 and ID.4 models.

With the augmented reality head-up display, Volkswagen is opening a new chapter in driver information displays. Although the new technology is a genuine global innovation, Volkswagen has decided to launch it in a volume model. The brand is therefore continuing its strategy of offering high-tech features at affordable prices. “We have introduced a genuine innovation in series production,” says Frank Welsch, member of the Board of Management for Development. “And we have done this not in a premium vehicle, but in the compact models of the all- electric ID. family. Making pioneering technologies available to a large number of customers is ...
    by Published on 21-12-2020 11:56 AM
    Article Preview

• World famous celebrity commissions festive edition of the new Flying Spur V8 from Bentley Mulliner
    • 542 bhp (550 PS) a significant upgrade for the customer, more used to 8 brp (Brake Reindeer Power)
    • Hand-crafted at the ho-ho-home of Bentley Motors in Crewe
    • Unique exterior badging and personalised 3D gold printed mascot complement golden 22” wheels and gold styling specification
    • Hand painted gold fine lines accentuate exterior styling lines against metallic Cricket Bauble paint
    • Grand Black veneer showcases a North Pole winter night scene with inlays to fascias and door waistrails
    • Naughty and Nice list safely stored in the Bentley Rotating Display
    • Customer plans 41 million mile extraordinary journey
    • Reindeer Eight handed to customer in Crewe following full COVID Santa-isation process.
    • Bentley Comms team confirms exhaustion of 2020 supply of puns

A world famous customer has worked with Bentley’s bespoke and personal commissioning division, Mulliner, to upgrade his flying sleigh to something a little more luxurious and special: a unique, festive Flying Spur V8 called the ‘Reindeer Eight’.

Bentley Mulliner has a rich history and expertise of fine craftsmanship and visionary design. Its mission is to respond to the requirements of the most discerning Bentley customers through unforgettable bespoke cars. And with the customer’s own global and extensive list of expectant fans, this commission was one of its most important yet.

“What fun it is to ride in a 542 horsepower sleigh. Plus, there’s space in the back for all my subordinate Clauses. I’m looking forward to putting 41 million miles on the clock before the end of the year,” said ...
    by Published on 14-12-2020 08:10 PM
    Article Preview

More powerful follow-up to the A3 Sportback 40 TFSI e combines sporting specification with 245PS system output and 37-mile emission-free driving capability

• 45 TFSI e S line Competition version of plug-in hybrid A3 Sportback available in UK from early 2021
    • UK OTR pricing to be confirmed nearer to launch
    • 245PS of system power, 400 Nm of system torque and electric range of up to 37 miles
    • Exclusive S line Competition specification including black styling package and graphite grey alloy wheels with red brake calipers

Electricity gains a little more velocity in the Audi A3 range this week as a new, more powerful 45 TFSI e version of the Sportback lines up alongside the recently launched 40 TFSI e model, bringing prospective purchasers of the compact plug-in hybrid hatchback a choice of outputs for the first time at this level. With peak system power of 245PS and 400 Nm (295.0 lb-ft) of system torque, the newcomer has an even greater propensity for performance that will be reflected in its positioning as a top-tier S line Competition model when it becomes available in the UK early in 2021.

Director of Audi UK, Andrew Doyle, welcomed the diversification in the A3 range, saying: "Audi established firm foundations for plug-in hybrid drive in the compact class with the A3 Sportback e-tron back in 2014. Now we have very effectively built on these by not only comprehensively updating the format for the A3 Sportback TFSI e, but also by introducing that format to the compact SUV segment for the first time in the new Q3 TFSI e.”

“By branching out the A3 range with an additional TFSI e S line ...
    by Published on 14-12-2020 08:04 PM
    Article Preview

• The brand’s most important diesel engine is now in new top form
    • Twin dosing: two SCR catalytic converters reduce nitrogen oxides
    • Widespread use in models such as the Golf 1/2, Tiguan, Passat and Arteon

Clean and smooth-running – the 2.0 TDI, Volkswagen’s most important diesel engine is now in new top form. Thanks to sophisticated twin dosing technology in the exhaust gas system, it undercuts the Euro 6d emission standard limits while also running quietly and smoothly.

“The two-litre TDI engine remains one of our most important engines,” says Dr Frank Welsch, Member of the Board of Management responsible for Technical Development at Volkswagen. “It can be found in most of the brand’s models and in many of the Group’s models. For this reason, we spare no effort in consistently updating our successful diesel engine. In the version for the Euro 6d emission standard, it is now ready for the coming years.”

From EA 288 to EA 288 evo.
    The four-cylinder TDI engine with the internal designation EA 288 made its debut in 2012. Six years later, it took an enormous development step forwards, and was therefore given the suffix “evo”. Practically speaking, this meant reduced consumption, lower emissions, quieter acoustics, more spontaneous response and significantly more output and torque. The engine was also prepared for integration into a mild hybrid system.

New technology status for the Golf 8.
    In summer 2019, the two-litre diesel engine’s technology was further updated for the new Golf. For this, a variant with lower output replaced the previous 1.6 ...
    by Published on 12-12-2020 12:10 PM
    Article Preview

• Two base engines for many models from the up!1 to Passat2: with three or four cylinders, 66 kW (90 PS) to 110 kW (150 PS), optionally available with natural gas or mild hybrid system
    • High tractive power and outstanding efficiency: Golf 1.0 eTSI3 with 98 grams CO2 per km
    • Numerous high-tech features: efficient combustion process with high compression, VTG turbocharger, Active Cylinder Management, aluminium crankcase with plasma coating

It is THE petrol engine at Volkswagen: the TSI evo with a capacity of 1.0 and 1.5 litres is available for almost all product lines from the up! GTI1 to Passat, from T-Cross to Tiguan. Whether with three or four cylinders – a package full of high-tech solutions makes the engine both efficient and powerful.

“The acronym TSI stands for turbocharged stratified injection, denoting the combination of turbocharging and direct injection,” explains Dr Frank Welsch, Member of the Board of Management responsible for Technical Development at Volkswagen. “We already have 15 years of experience in building compact TSI engines, and we are consistently enhancing them with new technologies. The 1.0 TSI and 1.5 TSI are highly efficient, high-tech engines that have moved us well to the front in today’s competition.”

Power meets efficiency.
    Whether the three or the four-cylinder variant, with 90 or 150 PS – the compact TSI evo engines combine powerful performance and high efficiency. In the Golf family3, for example, the 1.0 eTSI3 is available in conjunction with a mild hybrid system. It generates 81 kW (110 PS) and constantly delivers 200 Nm of torque between 2,000 and 3,000 rpm. The three-cylinder engine ...
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

If you need new insurance or your renewal is due, and you are looking for a good deal then please try the
    VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• Latest Poll

• Recent Forum Posts

Brindy

Top end Tapping noise BXE engine

I have a 2008 vw jetta with 1.9tdi bxe engine with a tapping noise which increases when acc is pressed I've change cam shaft
    lifters
    Injectors

Brindy Today, 10:42 PM Go to last post
    johnsimcox

Re: Buying a 2015 biTdi allroad!

Missed that on your earlier post. The BiTDi has the 8 Speed Tiptronic box which Audi say is sealed for life whilst ZF (who make them) says it needs an

johnsimcox Today, 10:08 PM Go to last post
    OVI82

Re: Buying a 2015 biTdi allroad!

As has been mentioned already the fuel flap lock will fail and with it being a 2015 with 100k I would say it’s been replaced already.
    Ive had the

OVI82 Today, 09:58 PM Go to last post
    SE_Technik_190

Re: 2015 B8 A4 suspension rattle...... Help!

Thanks, will certainly look at that as a possibility. I want to have at least a good idea of what it isn't, before I hand it over to someone who may just

SE_Technik_190 Today, 06:29 PM Go to last post
    enoksen90

Re: Touran 2.0TDI BMN cranks, no start

Checked all fuses and relays under the dash and besides the battery. All seems good. could it be tandem pump? I don't have proper tools

enoksen90 Today, 04:16 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Propshaft part numbers

What is the VIN?

DO NOT send it to Bailey Morris, I sent them an S2 proshaft in January and they have lost it!

Crasher Today, 03:36 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: audi a6 c5 2,5 tdi 2004 battery drain and alternator problems. also f125 module

The F125 switch could be the end of the car, the unit it is part of went obsolete two months ago.

Crasher Today, 03:35 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Touran 2.0TDI BMN cranks, no start

300rpm is perfect.

Crasher Today, 03:26 PM Go to last post
    gareth23

Re: 2015 B8 A4 suspension rattle...... Help!

I had a similar annoying rattle on my B7 and 3 different garages looked at it with nothing found, I replaced a track rod due to a split boot and noticed

gareth23 Today, 02:24 PM Go to last post
    Omy193

Re: SQ7 Tdi turbo issue

ok thanks, i will be replacing EGR cooler and EGR Valve. Will post my update soon.

Omy193 Today, 02:21 PM Go to last post
    mhobson

Re: A6 estate power tailgate

OK today I did this, I did not realise that the splines were what my engineer father would have called anti-murphy, one spline a bit wider than the rest,

mhobson Today, 02:11 PM Go to last post
    mike ryan

Re: 2005 c5 allroad rear subframe parts

Actually it looks like they do the mounting bushes also. I did put the fronts on as well but didn't like the way they felt and due to the split design

mike ryan Today, 01:28 PM Go to last post
    mike ryan

Strongflex was the company I got them from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike ryan Today, 01:23 PM Go to last post
    mike ryan

Propshaft part numbers

My allroad has had problems with the propshaft for ages. I have replaced the centre bearing and joints but I am still not happy with it. I see that you

mike ryan Today, 01:22 PM Go to last post
    mike ryan

I can't help with the mounting bushes but I replaced all of the ones for the arms. Original ones were hard to find and some only come as an arm assembly.

mike ryan Today, 01:17 PM Go to last post

• Recent Blog Posts

• Google Ads - One

• Google Ads - Two

• Google Ads - Three

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - Scania - MAN - Ducatti - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -