Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

• MAN Engines launches 800HP light-duty workboat engine with keel cooling for North American market

MAN Engines is expanding its range of engines for light-duty workboats in North America by introducing an 800 hp (588 kW) inline-six engine.

The D2676 LE426 will be available from the second quarter of 2020. It satisfies the EPA Commercial emissions standards and offers 70 hp greater output than the well-established, 730 hp D2676 model. For the first time, the 800 hp version of the D2676 will also offer keel cooling capability for the engine as a factory-fitted feature.

“This means we can offer our customers the added value of keel cooling without compromising the 800 hp of power and performance,” says Ricardo Barbosa, president of MAN Engines & Components Inc., in Pompano Beach, FL.

A further advantage of keel cooling is a weight reduction of up to 5% compared to heat exchanger cooled engines.

With increased power, the MAN D2676 LE426 achieves an impressive power density.

By making use of new injectors and a new cylinder head, the MAN engineers have increased the engine’s power by almost 10% compared to the previous 730 hp (537 kW) model.

Consequently, the D2676 LE426 achieves a maximum torque of 2,674 Nm between 1,400 and 2,000 rpm from a bore of 126 mm and a stroke of 166 mm, allowing the inline-six engine to provide sufficient thrust for pilot boats, lifeboats, and fishing vessels.

It also shows the broad torque plateau typical for MAN marine engines.

This ensures maximum torque over a broad engine speed range at the lowest specific fuel consumption.

This is supported by the modified common rail injection system, which ensures improved combustion while increasing on-board comfort due to reduced vibration and noise levels.

The latest US EPA Tier 3 Commercial emissions standards are met purely by the internal design of the engine; no additional external equipment is necessary, so the MAN 6-cylinder engine does not need to sacrifice its compact installation dimensions.

The D2676 diesel engine comes with a displacement of 12.4 liters (757 cubic inches) and has proven itself many hundreds of thousands of times in both on-road and off-road applications since 2007.

It was first introduced for workboats in 2015. In developing its engines, MAN Engines draws on the wealth of components and expertise gained from mass production of MAN engines for heavy duty trucks and buses.

These elements are then modified for each specific application.

As a result, MAN Engines can offer a selection of engines for commercial vessel applications ranging from 440 hp to 1,650 hp (324 kW to 1,213 kW), which satisfy the latest US EPA emissions standards.

For the first time in the US, Canadian, and Mexican markets, MAN Engines will be exhibiting the D2676 LE426 at the Pacific Marine Expo from November 21 to 23 2019 in Seattle, WA.

D2676 EPA Tier 3 commercial
    Unit D2676 LE426(800 PS/588 kW) D2676 LE443 (730 PS/537 kW)
    Arrangement/number of cylinders inline 6 inline 6
    Bore mm 126 126
    Stroke mm 166 166
    Displacement l 12,42 12,42
    Rated power kW
    hp
    Rated speed rpm 2300 2300
    Max. torque at rated speed Nm/rpm 2674/1400-2000 2450/1300-2100
    Power-to-weight-ratio kW/kg 0,48 0,44
    Engine length mm 1795 1795
    Engine length at keel cooling mm 1670 1670
    Engine width mm 986 986
    Engine height mm 1096 1096
    Weight (dry) kg 1215 1215
    Injection system Common Rail Common Rail
    Engine control unit EDC17 EDC7
    Exhaust status EPA Tier 3 commercial, IMO Tier II EPA Tier 3 commercial, IMO Tier II
    preliminary technical data
    This article was originally published in forum thread: MAN Engines launches 800HP light-duty workboat engine with keel cooling for North American market started by stuart View original post
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

If you need new insurance or your renewal is due, and you are looking for a good deal then please try the
    VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

gmartin

Tow-bar Dimensions

Hi All,

I have an Audi A6 Avant, S-line, black edition, 2.0 TDI Ultra 140Kw, (C7) 2018. Does anyone else have the same car with the detachable

gmartin Today, 02:06 PM Go to last post
    Mattygreg05

Re: Significant Brake problem

thanks bud.
    Had it on axle stands again today. I released the tension on the handbrake and they both returned to their stops unaided.

Mattygreg05 Today, 01:04 PM Go to last post
    andyhud007

Re: Coolant leak strikes again... good dealer experience so far

Hey Wardinet

Slightly off topic to the post, but yes the looms "changed" since when Retom and I had ours fitted to when you had

andyhud007 Today, 12:09 PM Go to last post
    Retom

Re: Coolant leak strikes again... good dealer experience so far

My 3.0 TDI loom was like on the enclosed picture: 2 plugins to car ECU and nothing to sensors. As I know Andy's ABT harness is the same. Perhaps ABT was

Retom Yesterday, 11:57 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Significant Brake problem

Rear calliper failure on the Golf 4 is and always has been a HUGE issue, I have seen brake fluid reservoirs slowly drained by a leaking corroded hose

Crasher Yesterday, 10:20 PM Go to last post
    wardienet

Coolant leak strikes again... good dealer experience so far

You sure about that? The installer (Richter Sport) showed me the various sensors and loom that he’d installed that run off the ABT box, there were a couple

wardienet Yesterday, 09:49 PM Go to last post
    Gazwould

Re: Oil pump...

Yep 2006 chain drive , 77mm .

Not good .

Gazwould Yesterday, 09:33 PM Go to last post
    Hammy1991

Re: Water in front footwells

Hello I’m having the same issue on my mk4 2004 golf tdi seem to be having my foot wells filling up with a lot of water with no obvious signs of where

Hammy1991 Yesterday, 08:45 PM Go to last post
    TedVW

Ah, One post wonder it is!! Got to start somewhere Eh?

TedVW Yesterday, 08:11 PM Go to last post
    TedVW

Thank you gentlemen!
    Similar thoughts from me as those of JMurray .
    Vw Passat B6 Estate , May? 2006 BKP engine, PD, No DPF.
    I'm new

TedVW Yesterday, 08:09 PM Go to last post
    VAG-Abound

Re: 2003 loom connector part numbers

Do you mean you want the part numbers of the shells that hold the pins to plug together, or the part numbers for ready made looms?

I have

VAG-Abound Yesterday, 07:48 PM Go to last post
    splitpin

2003 loom connector part numbers

I'm thinking about retrofitting front and rear parking aids to my allroad. I'm having difficulty finding part nos for the connectors used in the looms.

splitpin Yesterday, 07:06 PM Go to last post
    MrSkeedle

mk6 golf cruise control retrofit

I can buy a stalk on ebay for around £20, and have someone who will do VAGCOM coding for £10 haha. Does anyone know if this is all you need? ive heard

MrSkeedle Yesterday, 06:35 PM Go to last post
    A8Cruiser

Re: Whats the cheapest reliable way to update my sat nav A3 Sportback 2015 north lancashire

I'd say eBay.

A8Cruiser Yesterday, 04:24 PM Go to last post
    Alex Himself

Re: Hard Brake Pedal

I think I may have found it. It has the words 'vapec 14s' written on and a sticker which says '7.24808.0' and after the '0' the numbers aren't visible.

Alex Himself Yesterday, 02:53 PM Go to last post

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -