Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• Škoda supports Tour de France as the official main partner for 16th time

• ŠKODA AUTO has been supporting Tour de France since 2004
    • Tour Director Christian Prudhomme uses ŠKODA SUPERB as mobile control centre
    • Czech automaker once again sponsors Green Jersey for leader of the points classification
    • New campaign ‘To the Greatest Family of all: Cyclists’ aims to inspire international cycling community

ŠKODA is supporting the Tour de France for the 16th time this year as the official main sponsor and vehicle partner. The car manufacturer will be providing 250 vehicles to the organisers and race management. Leading the peloton will be a ŠKODA SUPERB serving as the ‘Red Car’ to Tour Director Christian Prudhomme. ŠKODA is also sponsoring the Green Jersey; for the fifth consecutive time, the car manufacturer’s logo will be featured on the jersey of the leader in the points classification in the Tour de France. Cycling fans can stay up-to-date with all the racing action by downloading the official Tour de France app ‘powered by ŠKODA’.

Alain Favey, ŠKODA AUTO Board Member for Sales and Marketing, emphasises: “As the official main partner of the Tour de France, we are presenting our brand to millions of cycling fans and sports enthusiasts during one of the most emotional sporting events in the world. In March, we extended our long-term partnership with Tour de France organiser A.S.O. for another five years to 2023. In doing so, we have laid the foundation for our continued mutual success and underline once again the central importance of cycling and the Tour de France to our sports sponsorship.”

ŠKODA is represented as the official main sponsor and vehicle partner during the prestigious cycling event. The Czech car manufacturer is supporting the annual event this year for the 16th time with vehicles for the organisers and race management. The fleet includes 250 cars, including the SUV models KODIAQ and KAROQ, as well as the bestseller OCTAVIA and the top model SUPERB.

The peloton will once again be led by a very special ŠKODA vehicle this year. The red ŠKODA SUPERB is tour director Christian Prudhomme’s mobile control centre, from which he can direct the race with the help of sophisticated communication technology. The ŠKODA SUPERB is the only vehicle in the field to cross the finish line with the riders.

106th Tour de France runs from 6 to 28 July

For the Grand Départ of the 106th run of the traditional cycle race, the international cycling elite will gather in the Belgian capital of Brussels on 6 July as a tribute to five-time Tour winner Eddy Merckx. With a total of 34 stage victories, the Belgian is still a record holder in this discipline. The route, totalling 3,640 kilometres, takes the peloton of 176 riders over 21 stages. The highlights of the race include mountain routes in the Alps, where the professionals will master the climbs of the Col de Cars, Col d'Izoard and Col du Galibier. The field will reach the finish line on the famous boulevard Champs-Elysées in Paris on 28 July.

ŠKODA campaign ‘To the Greatest Family of all: Cyclists’ – win a VIP trip to the Tour

For this year’s major cycling event, ŠKODA has launched the new 360-degree campaign ‘To the Greatest Family of all: Cyclists’. It conveys the passion as well as the spirit of comradery and dynamism within the global cycling community. The campaign is being publicised on television and social media channels on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. The carmaker’s importers are using the company’s website WeLoveCycling.com to promote the campaign internationally. In addition to lots of other information about the largest bicycle race in the world, cycling enthusiasts will be able to enter a competition on the website: ŠKODA is offering fans the chance to experience the Tour de France live, giving away an exclusive VIP trip.

ŠKODA is also the exclusive partner of the official Tour de France app, enabling cycling fans to stay up-to-date on the go. In addition to current rankings and a live ticker, it also offers real-time GPS tracking, rider profiles and much more. The app is free and available for Android and iOS.

ŠKODA’s history begins with the bicycle

ŠKODA’s passion for cycling goes back to the beginnings of the company. In 1895 Václav Laurin and Václav Klement founded a bicycle factory in the Bohemian town of Mladá Boleslav. Just ten years later, the young company’s first automobile rolled out of the factory halls – the Voiturette A. Laurin & Klement merged with ŠKODA in 1925. As well as the Tour de France and the Tour of Spain ('Vuelta'), the Czech car manufacturer supports numerous other international cycling events as well as national and international popular sports events. Bike accessories are also an integral part of the brand’s extended product range.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Škoda supports Tour de France as the official main partner for 16th time started by stuart View original post
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

Bishop187

Re: V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions

I had this done about 2-3months ago too. Can’t tell any difference. Although they didn’t tell me it was for this. They told me it was to replace a sensor.

Bishop187 Today, 01:20 PM Go to last post
    916mick

3.0 tdi remap

Can anyone recommend someone to remap my 3.0 tdi Q5. Not sure about off the shelf or dyno remap.
    I'm located in NW leicestershire.
    Any

916mick Today, 01:04 PM Go to last post
    JSRed

My Bi-tdi had it about a month ago. Not noticed anything different. I asked what it was about and apparently the software was turning off the adblue so

JSRed Today, 12:45 PM Go to last post
    istate75

I've done some online research and it seems the recall is a software update for both the engine and the gearbox, plus the replacement of a probe. It is

istate75 Today, 12:44 PM Go to last post
    calum

Re: What sealant?

Personally I would dump the seal and use Sikaflex, as the name suggests it doesn't fully harden.
    Never had a problem with water in the B6, the Passat

calum Today, 12:37 PM Go to last post
    istate75

V6 TDI recall - NOx emissions

I have just received through the post a recall notice from Audi for my 2017MY 3.0L TDi 272.

It says it's a technical measure, code 23X6,

istate75 Today, 12:26 PM Go to last post
    Nooby

Will 30-pin to Lightning adaptor work for using iPhone?

Hi all.

I'm considering retro-fitting an original iPod Dock in the glovebox - my head unit is the Chorus 2+ and this Dock kit was an option

Nooby Today, 12:13 PM Go to last post
    jimgironde

Re: B8.5

One of the things I like about the GT is the Active Info Display, a big feature for me.

As stated previously it is only standard on the R

jimgironde Today, 12:13 PM Go to last post
    AndyN01

Re: Tiptronic... A warning

And that adds another layer to a possible claim - Goods not as described.

And I'm struggling with the idea that "we" are expected

AndyN01 Today, 12:11 PM Go to last post
    glen40

Re: Audi A4 B8 - VAG.com Tricks

Or is this not a VAG.com adjustment and I have to set to a different fues block where there is permanent power

glen40 Today, 11:47 AM Go to last post
    Gazwould

Re: What sealant?

Just wondered how much it was new for the OP to seek secondhand .

After all you wouldn't seek a second hand pollen filter housing with a

Gazwould Today, 11:45 AM Go to last post
    gazza57

Re: Tiptronic... A warning

Mrmarc
    You are absolutely correct, I have checked it is an STronic gearbox which should have its fluid changed every 38000, it was advertised as

gazza57 Today, 11:45 AM Go to last post
    Alan02

Re: Audi a3 1.9 105bhp not starting

Yes spare key

Alan02 Today, 11:22 AM Go to last post
    satyp

Re: Dynamic Wing Mirror Indicators

Heh.. & T minus 56.... (apparently)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

satyp Today, 11:16 AM Go to last post
    Nemo78

Re: Dynamic Wing Mirror Indicators

I might have potentially ordered [emoji23]

Nemo78 Today, 11:11 AM Go to last post

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -