Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• Volkswagen launches 48-Hour e Golf test drived

• Extended test drive lets e-Golf settle in to customers’ lives
    • Initiative coincides with dynamic new e-Golf TV ad campaign
    • Extended drive time shows Volkswagen’s commitment to EV buyers

Volkswagen has introduced flexible, 48-hour test drives for prospective e-Golf buyers, allowing an in-depth experience of the brand’s highly prized electric hatchback.

Customers are now able to arrange a two-day e-Golf test drive, picking the car up from their local Retailer and dropping it back up to 48 hours later.

The move is the latest in a string of initiatives introduced by Volkswagen to encourage drivers to experience its range of electric vehicles – a range centred on the award-winning e-Golf and the forthcoming ID.3 which is due here next year.

The e-Golf starts at £30,340 RRP OTR1 in the UK, and has a range of up to 144 miles (WLTP). Its synchronous electric motor produces up to 136 PS and 393 lb ft of torque, both available almost instantly.

Naturally, as a zero-emission vehicle, the e-Golf is exempt from the Congestion and Ultra Low Emission Zone charges, while road tax is currently rated at £0 and running costs are considerably reduced versus those of petrol- or diesel-engined equivalents. To top off the savings for company car drivers in particular, the e-Golf will benefit from a Benefit In Kind rate that is slashed to just 2% from April 2020.

Volkswagen also recently launched the volkswagen.co.uk/electric section of its website devoted to informing customers about its electric and electrified vehicles, as well as the ID. HUB – volkswagen.co.uk/id – a separate area of volkswagen.co.uk designed to offer facts about Volkswagen’s upcoming ID. family of electric vehicles. This section of the site also provides wider information about EV ownership, and allows pre-orders for the ground-breaking ID.3 as its world premiere approaches.

Tim O’Donovan, Electric Vehicle Product Marketing Manager at Volkswagen UK, said: “The charm of the e-Golf is it has all of the talents of the familiar Golf hatch, with the simple addition of an electric powertrain.

“What the new 48-hour test drive offers is the chance for people to learn first-hand how simply the e-Golf will fit into their lives. The two-day experience lets people challenge the e-Golf with all sorts of scenarios particular to their car needs, and for the e-Golf to demonstrate its numerous qualities.”

For more information about the e-Golf, visit volkswagen.co.uk/electric or, to book a 48-hour test drive, get in touch with your local Volkswagen Retailer.

With Government Plug-in Car Grant deducted
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Volkswagen launches 48-Hour e Golf test drived started by stuart View original post
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

scanny

Replaced front shock absorbers and coil springs now it creaks a lot mk6 golf

Hello I replaced the front suspension with new coil springs and shock absorbers also mount but now it creaks it’s was great for the first 2 weeks and

scanny Today, 10:59 AM Go to last post
    Finless

Re: Battery problem?

I was able to borrow a widget from my Big Bro that jump started the car so that proved it was a battery problem (RIP old battery - I didn't even know

Finless Today, 10:55 AM Go to last post
    Whippy53

Re: Just taken ownership of my first Audi....

Every five years.

Whippy53 Today, 10:52 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Torn boots of front lower control arms (a month old)

I check the pin rotates inside the boot before fitting and encourage a little grease under the boot if turning the pin twists the boot plus I also scrape

Crasher Today, 10:46 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Humming noise?

yes

Crasher Today, 10:43 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: My Golf BKD Idle Judder / Misfire Issue

With the reg and can see if there are any updates to the level numbers but not which one it has. A VCDS scan shows the update level.

Crasher Today, 10:33 AM Go to last post
    MikeJones68

Re: '54 plate 1.8T Beetle cabriolet - rear quarterlights problem

An old thread I know, but we had one of the rear windows fail on my wife's 2004 last week (typically at midnight in the pouring rain). It got stuck about

MikeJones68 Today, 10:33 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Battery tray swimming pool.

I have seen them still fill up with the bungs removed and the bungs are one way valves which when new and pliable, stop fumes from the engine bay being

Crasher Today, 10:30 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Lights Malfunction warning

You would get a decent level of info with Carista without going to the level of VCDS.

Crasher Today, 10:23 AM Go to last post
    MikeJones68

2004 Beetle convertible - manual roof issue

We have a slight issue with the manual roof on my wife's 2004 beetle. When opening the roof you need to use more force than expected to get the roof locks

MikeJones68 Today, 10:16 AM Go to last post
    ascotsteve

Radio and CD sound gone but sat nav ok

Hi,

I’ve a 2006 3.0 TDI Q7 with Bose sound and basic MMI with sat nav DVD. Last week the radio sound cut out which also affected CD sound.

ascotsteve Today, 10:14 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: overheating and other issues

The numbers are on the fans, there are two versions of small fan as well.

Crasher Today, 10:02 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Coolant leak

So a Havana black type 4G2 07H with a CDNB engine, an NDL gearbox and built 20-12-11. What is a Singapore model car doing in Kenya? Which octane of fuel

Crasher Today, 09:58 AM Go to last post
    mark8805

Saw an Audi Last Night???

Was coming back from The Lowry theatre last night, just about to go onto M602 when this Matt Green Audi pulled up beside me, I have never seen this particular

mark8805 Today, 09:46 AM Go to last post
    Vitz

Re: Just taken ownership of my first Audi....

HI,

what mileage did you have to get the cambelt changed at? what is recommended mileage for these engines

Vitz Today, 09:42 AM Go to last post

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -