Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• Comeback of an attitude towards life: The world premiere of the electric id. Buggy

• Summer cruiser: ID. BUGGY1) takes the idea of the legendary dune buggies into the age of electric mobility
    • Pure driving pleasure: With the ID. BUGGY concept car, Volkswagen is showing a new, leisure-oriented facet of electric mobility
    • Based on modular electric drive matrix: Safety chassis with zero-emission drive and battery based on the modular electric drive matrix (MEB)

Volkswagen presents the ID. BUGGY at the Geneva International Motor Show. On the evening prior to the first press day, the concept car will celebrate its world premiere at the Volkswagen Group Night. The ID. BUGGY is a zero-emissions high-tech vehicle for summer, on the beach or in the city, based on the modular electric drive matrix (MEB). “The ID. BUGGY demonstrates the broad spectrum of emission-free mobility that can be achieved with the MEB within the Volkswagen brand. But we want to open up the platform for third-party suppliers”, explains Ralf Brandstätter, COO of the Volkswagen brand.

The parallels between the Californian dune buggies of the sixties and the new ID. BUGGY are apparent. All beach buggies from back then featured a high degree of modular variability – based on the chassis of the legendary Beetle, with a four-cylinder boxer engine running at the rear. Small series manufacturers stretched a cover made of glass-fibre reinforced plastic (GFRP) over the chassis and engine of the Beetle, thus writing automotive history. The ID. BUGGY is tied to this cult concept with the technical possibilities of the modern age. The basis here is the progressive chassis of the MEB. Integrated in the vehicle floor: a high-voltage battery.

This lithium ion rechargeable battery supplies the electricity for the ID. BUGGY’s 150 kW/204 PS electric drive motor in the rear. An additional electric motor in the front axle is also conceivable in order to realise an all- wheel drive with an “electric propshaft”.

The clear design language expresses the unique experience when driving the buggy. To be able to feel the wind, a fixed roof and doors were deliberately dispensed with. This is why the resilient and minimalist design of the interior is characterised by waterproof materials. The concept car is a pure 2-seater; however, the ID. BUGGY can also be converted to a 2+2- seater.

The composite body manufactured from a mixture of aluminium, steel and plastic is self-supporting. Thanks to the modular design, the upper body can be detached from the MEB chassis. A clear signal to small series manufacturers and start-ups: As in the past,
    Volkswagen is opening up to external producers with the ID. BUGGY concept. The offer: You can build the new-era, zero-emissions dune buggy based on this concept. In general, the MEB also has the potential to become the new technical basis for e-mobility for many automobile manufacturers. Background: At the beginning of 2019, Volkswagen announced for the first time that it intended to also make the MEB accessible to competitors as an electric vehicle platform.

At the same time, the ID. BUGGY illustrates the broad spectrum of emission-free mobility that can be achieved with the modular electric drive matrix within the Volkswagen brand: Following on from the ID.1) (compact class), ID. BUZZ1) (van), ID. CROZZ1) (SUV) and ID. VIZZION1) (saloon), the new ID. BUGGY is the fifth concept car based on the MEB, with which Volkswagen has used to confirm the multifaceted nature of the ID. Family.

1)
    Concept car.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Comeback of an attitude towards life: The world premiere of the electric id. Buggy started by stuart View original post
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

fronty

Re: Lower touchscreen - think they've missed a trick here

Ah yes, you have to be stationary before that option becomes available. And the keyboard disappears as soon as you start moving.

Regardless

fronty Today, 06:53 PM Go to last post
    drjohnbullas

2017 Skoda Yeti Roof Antenna 6R0035501D on 2011 passat?

I have an aerial off a 2017 Skoda Yeti

My 2011 Passat (fitted with the DAB/CD unit) , has the rear window aerial
    and

drjohnbullas Today, 06:47 PM Go to last post
    OmegaV6

Re: What have I acually got ?? :)

Thanks to "odee" I have now done the MMI/Satnav updates .. took 3 hours but all working well now. Many thanks for the advice, I can now also

OmegaV6 Today, 06:31 PM Go to last post
    bearthebruce

Re: ---Reset service light with VCDS - Need help on how?

So, Ross-Tech is now taking away posts? Wow....

It certainly has been and it continues to be quite the challenge to

bearthebruce Today, 06:11 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

I don't know here they have gone but I did raise it and got slapped down. Roughly speaking the auto reset doesn't work correctly so you have to do it

Crasher Today, 05:51 PM Go to last post
    bp2411

Key issues!

Hello everyone, this morning my wife's golf wouldn't start, I assumed it was just a case of shaking the steering wheel to release it but the wheels are

bp2411 Today, 05:44 PM Go to last post
    bearthebruce

Crasher, I have gone through all your posts on our forum and I am not finding any where you spoke to this issue. Do point me to it please.

bearthebruce Today, 05:06 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: vw 5.1 2011 2.0 diesel

You have to take the timing belt off to chnage it The sensor is 03L 957 147 A and costs £41.57 from a VW van centre.

Crasher Today, 04:58 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Few code queries

This is the system on the A4, almost identical

Crasher Today, 04:36 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: 1.9 TDI pd AUY vibrations

That is a good figure, I don't like it to go over +/- 1

Crasher Today, 04:28 PM Go to last post
    BlackMajj

Re: 1.9 TDI pd AUY vibrations

Injectors show between -0.3 and +0.3 on all four, so they seem to be well within spec if spec is indeed -2.8 to +2.8 as stated by VCDS when I run it on

BlackMajj Today, 04:13 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

It is staggeringly easy, private message me your reg

Crasher Today, 04:05 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: A6 2009 2.7 tdi Avant - Clutch judder worse when hot

It can be an indication of DMF wear or oil contamination but either way the box has to come out and you would replace the DMF with a new clutch to deal

Crasher Today, 04:03 PM Go to last post
    Bigdom91

Thanks, dont suppose you know a rough price for the fuel cap or is it easy to do myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigdom91 Today, 04:02 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

The fuel cap is a standard Audi fault, I think it is worse than the rear wiper problem, the basic settings one could be tricky to srot out with VCDS never

Crasher Today, 04:01 PM Go to last post

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -