Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• The new Passat will be the first Volkswagen to offer partially automated driving at cruising speed

• In-depth technical update of the bestseller opens a window into the future of the product line
    • Debut in the Passat: new “Travel Assist” function permits partially automated driving from 0 to 210 km/h
    • Always on: new Infotainment system generation with permanently integrated SIM card brings new online features on board
    • Zero emissions in the city: the electric range of the Passat GTE1) has been increased to around 55 km2) in the WLTP (around 70 km2) in NEDC)

Production record for the debut of the new Passat: the bestseller will pass the 30 million mark this spring. This makes it the most successful mid-size model worldwide. One thing is certain: the 30 millionth Passat will come from the progressively enhanced 8th generation. A major technical update – a Passat that incorporates the latest brand innovations. The new Passat will make its trade fair debut at the Geneva Motor Show. Pre-sales will start in the first countries in May. The market launch will take place in September (Germany).

“Travel Assist” is celebrating its world premiere in the Passat. Making a parallel debut with saloon and estate versions, the Passat will be the first Volkswagen that is capable of partially automated driving at any speed (0 to 210 km/h) with this new IQ.DRIVE system. In addition, the new Passat will also be the first brand model worldwide with a capacitive steering wheel. This detects touch by the driver, providing an interactive interface to systems such as Travel Assist. Another new feature in the Passat is “Emergency
    Steering Assist”, which increases safety when performing evasive manoeuvres by means of braking interventions. The new, interactive “IQ.LIGHT – LED matrix headlights” turn night into day – this is an innovative light technology that has been exclusively available
    for the current Touareg so far.

The third generation of the Modular Infotainment Matrix (MIB3) also has its debut alongside the new Passat. App Connect – the interface for integrating smartphone apps – therefore offers wireless integration of iPhone apps via Apple CarPlay™ for the first time at Volkswagen. If desired, the Passat can from now on be permanently online via MIB3, because the new Infotainment systems come with an integrated SIM card as standard. As well as improved navigation-related services with real-time information, this encompasses new technologies and offers, music streaming services, Internet radio, natural (online-based) voice control, seamless use of “Volkswagen We” online services and future cloud-based portable vehicle settings. It will also be possible to use the first smartphones as a “mobile key” for opening and starting the Passat.

The MIB3 is closely integrated with the new Digital Cockpit. The digital instruments have been considerably enhanced compared to the previous system (Active Info Display). The enhanced high-contrast graphics display is clear and high-quality. The range of functions has been lifted to a whole new level. Three different display configurations can now be customised via the new multifunction steering wheel with just one button.

The drive range has also been enhanced. A perfect example of this is the Passat GTE – the plug-in hybrid model in the model line: It will have a considerably extended electric range. This is now up to approximately 55 km2) in the new WLTP cycle, corresponding to around 70 km2) according to the NEDC. At the same time, the combination of the electric motor and turbocharged engine (160 kW / 218 PS system power) means the Passat GTE provides the benefits of a comfortable, safe long-distance vehicle. The Passat GTE already achieves the limits set out in the Euro 6d emission standard, which applies to new vehicles from 2021. All other TSI and TDI units fulfil the requirements of the Euro 6d-TEMP emission standard. In addition, every new Passat – whether a petrol or diesel engine – is equipped with a particulate filter.

1) Concept vehicle
    2) Range, fuel consumption, and emissions data are forecast values
    This article was originally published in forum thread: The new Passat will be the first Volkswagen to offer partially automated driving at cruising speed started by stuart View original post
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

suityou01

Re: Remove front seat covers Touran 2004

I'm retrofitting heated seat panels as a treat for the missus.

suityou01 Today, 10:41 PM Go to last post
    suityou01

Re: Remove front seat covers Touran 2004

Remove plastic panels. Remove drawer. 2 spline bolts each side hold the seat back on.

suityou01 Today, 10:40 PM Go to last post
    XJZ686

Re: Passat Delayed

My Passat Estate SE Business 1.5 TSI DSG was ordered in mid October 2018 and I drove it out of the showroom on 17th January 2019.

XJZ686 Today, 10:36 PM Go to last post
    hampers

Re: 1.5 TSI Evo engine problems

I don't have a VW but I did have a VW R-ROC with the issue. See the T-ROC forum for MANY people with the Kangaroo problem..

It sounds similar

hampers Today, 10:13 PM Go to last post
    Veedubmad

T5 ATE Abs Bleeding advice needed please ?

Hi,

I have recently replaced my ATE Abs pump and controller on my 2004 2.5tdi AXE T5 transporter and I'm looking for some advice on bleeding

Veedubmad Today, 09:58 PM Go to last post
    shep73

Re: mk 7 seats in a mk 5 ?

any ideas anybody ? local indy thinks they might be incompatible with the older control module - 2 phase versus single phase or something. Might have

shep73 Today, 08:53 PM Go to last post
    stu_rat

Re: Locking Wheel Bolt Removal

It's the type with splines. It has 8 splines so the '53 / 8 PT' item looks as though that might be the one.

Thanks very much for the steer.

stu_rat Today, 07:39 PM Go to last post
    Tugg

Re: Locking Wheel Bolt Removal

Called out RAC when I managed to have a puncture & no locking wheel nut adaptor key to be found. Mechanic had a tool that removed the nut without

Tugg Today, 07:33 PM Go to last post
    Tugg

Re: No Engine Management light on dash when start engine! should I be worried?

MOT test now requires EML/MIL to illuminate or it’s an automatic fail. Ensure you check this when buying a car!

Tugg Today, 07:21 PM Go to last post
    vinee59

Re: High pressure pump ticking sound

Update: I had to rent a small van today, I got a VW Caddy 1.6 TDI on a 18 plate with 8k on clock. Guess what ? The pump is doing the exact same buzzing

vinee59 Today, 07:09 PM Go to last post
    apole

Re: Cooling fans help

See if there is a part number on your existing one. Also ask any seller if they can cross reference the part number.

Good luck, I hope you

apole Today, 06:49 PM Go to last post
    apole

Thoughts on 2009 S6

Hi everyone,

Thinking of changing to a newer car.

Always liked the S6. I know the 3.0t supercharged engine is similar performance,

apole Today, 06:47 PM Go to last post
    tyson675

That does look like the one that’s already in as it goes, thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyson675 Today, 06:43 PM Go to last post
    FrenchAudi

Re: Heater Running Hot

I had the same problem on my A4 B5, decided the flap for hot air, V68, must have been sticking occasionally.

I performed the basic settings

FrenchAudi Today, 06:36 PM Go to last post
    apole

Hi, I found this on eBay, maybe of use for the part number

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F162566805942

apole Today, 06:32 PM Go to last post

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -