Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• SKODA launches UK special edition Octavia vRS Challenge

• vRS Challenge features additional equipment and design features
    • Available in hatch and estate; priced from £30,085
    • 2.0 TSI engine generates 245PS and comes with optional DSG

Itís already one of the most affordable and desirable family sports cars on sale, and now äKODAís mighty Octavia vRS is even more compelling thanks to the introduction of a UK special edition model; the Octavia vRS Challenge. The new model
    features up to £4,535 worth of extra equipment for only £2,460 compared to the standard vRS model.

Positioned above the standard vRS and offered with the brandís acclaimed 2.0 TSI 245PS engine, the Octavia vRS Challenge combines impressive performance with high equipment levels and an ultra-practical cabin. Available in both hatch and estate forms, the Octavia vRS Challenge is priced from £30,085 OTR (hatch) and £31,285 (estate) and is available to order from äKODA retailers from today.

The car features a comprehensive specification list that builds on the already generous equipment levels of the standard model. The vRS Challenge comes complete with a host of striking design features over the standard vRS, including 19-inch Xtreme black alloy wheels, sports exhaust with black trim, black folding, auto-dimming door mirrors and black vRS badging.

Inside, over the standard model, the vRS Challenge is fitted with figure-hugging Alcantara vRS seats that are electronically adjustable and heated for the driver and front-seat passenger. A colour trip computer with lap timer is also fitted as standard, along with keyless entry and start.

Dynamic chassis control (DCC) is another advanced feature that comes as part of the vRS Challenge package. DCC uses electrically regulated dampers and steering to deliver the perfect driving experience. Each individual shock absorber is connected to a control device that calculates the best setting for each wheel. This allows the system to react within milliseconds to bumps in the road, changing lanes or twisting roads. Front assist and front and rear parking sensors complete the vRS Challengeís specification list.

The car is equipped with a 2.0 TSI engine that develops 245PS. Capable of sprinting to 62mph in just 6.6 seconds (hatch) and 370Nm of torque, customers can choose between a six-speed manual transmission or a seven-speed DSG.

The fitment of an electronically regulated VAQ limited-slip differential allows drivers to fully exploit the carís performance - even in challenging conditions. The VAQ limited-slip differential was originally developed for motorsport and works with an electronically regulated multi-plate clutch located between the differential and the powered axle on the right-hand side. When needed, 100 per cent of the power can be directed to one front wheel. When cornering, the differential transfers an increased amount of engine power to the outer front wheel (wheel with the most grip) as required.

Equipment highlights shared with the standard vRS range include Amundsen satellite navigation with eight-inch touchscreen display and integrated Wi-Fi, full LED headlights with adaptive front light system and LED daytime running lights, LED interior light pack (10 colours) and a three-spoke sports leather multi-function steering wheel with vRS logo (and paddles for DSG-equipped models).
    This article was originally published in forum thread: SKODA launches UK special edition Octavia vRS Challenge started by stuart View original post
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

suityou01

Re: Remove front seat covers Touran 2004

I'm retrofitting heated seat panels as a treat for the missus.

suityou01 Today, 10:41 PM Go to last post
    suityou01

Re: Remove front seat covers Touran 2004

Remove plastic panels. Remove drawer. 2 spline bolts each side hold the seat back on.

suityou01 Today, 10:40 PM Go to last post
    XJZ686

Re: Passat Delayed

My Passat Estate SE Business 1.5 TSI DSG was ordered in mid October 2018 and I drove it out of the showroom on 17th January 2019.

XJZ686 Today, 10:36 PM Go to last post
    hampers

Re: 1.5 TSI Evo engine problems

I don't have a VW but I did have a VW R-ROC with the issue. See the T-ROC forum for MANY people with the Kangaroo problem..

It sounds similar

hampers Today, 10:13 PM Go to last post
    Veedubmad

T5 ATE Abs Bleeding advice needed please ?

Hi,

I have recently replaced my ATE Abs pump and controller on my 2004 2.5tdi AXE T5 transporter and I'm looking for some advice on bleeding

Veedubmad Today, 09:58 PM Go to last post
    shep73

Re: mk 7 seats in a mk 5 ?

any ideas anybody ? local indy thinks they might be incompatible with the older control module - 2 phase versus single phase or something. Might have

shep73 Today, 08:53 PM Go to last post
    stu_rat

Re: Locking Wheel Bolt Removal

It's the type with splines. It has 8 splines so the '53 / 8 PT' item looks as though that might be the one.

Thanks very much for the steer.

stu_rat Today, 07:39 PM Go to last post
    Tugg

Re: Locking Wheel Bolt Removal

Called out RAC when I managed to have a puncture & no locking wheel nut adaptor key to be found. Mechanic had a tool that removed the nut without

Tugg Today, 07:33 PM Go to last post
    Tugg

Re: No Engine Management light on dash when start engine! should I be worried?

MOT test now requires EML/MIL to illuminate or it’s an automatic fail. Ensure you check this when buying a car!

Tugg Today, 07:21 PM Go to last post
    vinee59

Re: High pressure pump ticking sound

Update: I had to rent a small van today, I got a VW Caddy 1.6 TDI on a 18 plate with 8k on clock. Guess what ? The pump is doing the exact same buzzing

vinee59 Today, 07:09 PM Go to last post
    apole

Re: Cooling fans help

See if there is a part number on your existing one. Also ask any seller if they can cross reference the part number.

Good luck, I hope you

apole Today, 06:49 PM Go to last post
    apole

Thoughts on 2009 S6

Hi everyone,

Thinking of changing to a newer car.

Always liked the S6. I know the 3.0t supercharged engine is similar performance,

apole Today, 06:47 PM Go to last post
    tyson675

That does look like the one thatís already in as it goes, thank you very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyson675 Today, 06:43 PM Go to last post
    FrenchAudi

Re: Heater Running Hot

I had the same problem on my A4 B5, decided the flap for hot air, V68, must have been sticking occasionally.

I performed the basic settings

FrenchAudi Today, 06:36 PM Go to last post
    apole

Hi, I found this on eBay, maybe of use for the part number

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F162566805942

apole Today, 06:32 PM Go to last post

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -