Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• Volkswagen gives some gas with new TGIi models

• Polo TGI and Golf TGI: A third natural gas fuel tank increases range in natural gas-only mode
    • Added driving pleasure thanks to Golf’s new 1.5 litre TGI four-cylinder engine (96 kW / 130 PS)
    • Significant reduction in emissions by fuelling with biogas produced with regeneration processes
    • New natural gas-powered TGI models are available to order now

Volkswagen has completely overhauled its natural gas models and is equipping its Polo and Golf TGI2) with a third natural gas tank. This allows the Polo TGI1) to now travel up to 60 kilometres further in pure CNG mode than its predecessor. The gain in range in the Golf TGI is up to 80 kilometres. In the Golf, a new 1.5 litre TGI four-cylinder engine with 96 kW / 130 PS ensures that none of the driving pleasure is lost.

Driving with natural gas significantly reduces CO2 emissions because the combustion of CNG generally produces less CO2. An even better CO2 balance can be achieved by fuelling with biomethane or e-gas.

Biomethane is extracted from plant residues; e-gas is produced from surplus green energy (power-to-gas), which are added to the fuels.

Anyone who already drives a CNG vehicle (CNG = compressed natural gas) also benefits from comparably low fuel prices in many countries. In Germany, for example, the cost saving compared to a diesel vehicle is currently 20 per cent, or 40 percent compared to a petrol vehicle. Understandably, drivers of natural gas vehicles only want to use petrol in exceptional cases. Volkswagen has therefore equipped its natural gas models of the Polo TGI and Golf TGI with a third natural gas tank made of specially coated, high-strength steel. The Golf’s tank has a volume of 23 litres and increases the total CNG tank volume to 115 litres, or 17.3 kg respectively, which offers a range of up to 422 kilometres in WLTP.

On the Polo with 1.0 three-cylinder engine (66 kW / 90 PS) the additional tank carries 16.5 litres and extends the natural gas storage to 91.5 litres in total, or 13.8 kg respectively, meaning that the Polo can travel up to 368 kilometres on CNG in WLTP. As a back-up, both models come with a petrol tank – albeit a much smaller version.

For improved driving dynamics and efficiency, the Golf TGI comes with a new 1.5 litre four-cylinder engine, which is powerful, efficiency and environmentally friendly. Proof of this comes from its fuel consumption of just 3.6 kg – 3.5 kg natural gas over 100 kilometres, and CO2 emissions of just 98–95 g/km. The new 1.5-litre TGI engine in the Golf uses the innovative TGI Miller combustion process with a high compression ratio of 12.5:1, to increase efficiency and decrease CO2 emissions. A turbocharger with variable turbine geometry increases the boost pressure, adding more air into the cylinders. This allows the 1.5-litre TGI engine to accelerate powerfully at any time from low speeds.

Driving on natural gas is not only good for your wallet, it is also good for the environment. Compared to petrol or diesel, natural gas contains a significantly higher amount of energy and a lower carbon fraction. This means that driving in CNG mode produces around 25 per cent fewer CO2 emissions than with petrol. What is more, natural gas generally combusts with less emissions than petrol or diesel. The exhaust gas contains significantly less carbon monoxide and nitrous oxide (NOx), while the fraction of soot or fine particles is minimal.

1) Polo TGI natural gas (CNG) consumption in kg/100 km: urban 4.4–4.1 / extra-urban 2.9–2.7 / combined 3.4–3.2; CO2 emissions in g/km: 93–88; efficiency class: A+

2) Golf TGI natural gas (CNG) consumption in kg/100 km: urban 4.7–4.5 / extra-urban 2.9 / combined 3.6–3.5; CO2 emissions in g/km: 98–95; efficiency class: A+
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Volkswagen gives some gas with new TGIi models started by stuart View original post
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

gav28uk

Re: 2019 Map updates?

From what I've been told by Audi and seen on MyAudi it would appear that if you car is over 3 years old you will no longer qualify for free map updates.

gav28uk Today, 09:43 AM Go to last post
    blkwls

Re: Just taken ownership of my first Audi....

Found some,
    Ordered[emoji106]

blkwls Today, 09:42 AM Go to last post
    cjmcb

Re: Factory fit tow bar on 2019 Audi A6

The tow ball cannot be taken off as it is on a huge pivot mechanism. I think you will need to go with a rack that grips the tow ball rather than bolts

cjmcb Today, 09:13 AM Go to last post
    cjmcb

Hi again all, sorry if this has been asked before, where is the option in myAudi to download the map updates please? Or am I in the situation that because

cjmcb Today, 09:10 AM Go to last post
    cjmcb

My firmware update added an "add phone" option to the phone settings and a few smaller changes but no map updates sadly.

cjmcb Today, 09:09 AM Go to last post
    mccrj

Re: Gearbox Software

Indeed!
    Good luck in arriving at a solution. I'll let you know I'm successful

mccrj Today, 09:06 AM Go to last post
    cjmcb

Good point.....i reckon the "I am sorry officer i was speeding to make my car hold 8th gear" isnt going to cut it as an excuse

cjmcb Today, 09:04 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: mk5 golf gt tdi 170

Almost every BMN I come across has been de-DPF'd and yes the typical remap makes then run like **** and they stink, it makes your eyes water just being

Crasher Today, 09:01 AM Go to last post
    mccrj

I've found a similar fix is to use the paddle to shift to M8 from D7 once at 70mph then go to cruise control which appears to keep M8 selected. Similar

mccrj Today, 08:57 AM Go to last post
    cjmcb

I am still having the same issue, after another 5k miles and the gearbox apparently "learning" how I drive, it still wont hold 8th gear at 70mph.

cjmcb Today, 08:47 AM Go to last post
    mccrj

I have experienced exactly the same problem. My car is a 2016 BiTDi and has 19k miles on it. In March this year it went in for its MOT and had a few warranty

mccrj Today, 08:30 AM Go to last post
    MikeBz

Re: B8.5

Thanks. I was at my VW dealer last week and asked them - one of the salesmen didn't know there was an update coming and the other one said "oh yeah,

MikeBz Today, 07:58 AM Go to last post
    nick1212

Re: BiTDi - droning from rear. Wheel bearing or worn tyres?

Got the Audi technician to sit on the back seats, whilst we went for a drive. He pretty quickly worked out which wheel bearing it was, however I decided

nick1212 Yesterday, 10:28 PM Go to last post
    splitpin

2003 allroad 2.5 tdi central locking not working from key fob.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, and if it has, can someone point me towards it.

Anyway,
    a few months ago, I started to

splitpin Yesterday, 08:56 PM Go to last post
    silestanix

Re: BXE engine failure - replacement options

Will do, it's booked in Thursday morning but I am tempted to just leave it there tomorrow morning before work as I'm sick of driving on egg shells for

silestanix Yesterday, 08:41 PM Go to last post

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -