Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• Year of global awards for Continental GT

• New Continental GT receives multiple awards in 2018
    • International judges bestow 19 accolades on new model
    • Pinnacle Grand Tourer Top Gear magazine’s ‘GT of the Year’
    • GQ magazine’s coveted ‘Best Interior’ title for Continental GT
    • German Design Awards double for Crewe-built Grand Tourer

Bentley has enjoyed a year of international recognition for the new Continental GT – the world’s pinnacle Grand Tourer – picking up an impressive number of accolades.

Designed, engineered and handcrafted in Great Britain, the Continental GT received 19 awards from a wide range of publications in countries including China, Germany, Russia and its home market of the UK.

Commenting on the year of success, Adrian Hallmark, Chairman and Chief Executive, Bentley Motors, said: “Elegant understatement that forces you to look; engineering excellence you’ll take for granted – the extraordinary breadth of capabilities offered by the new Continental GT is unique and can only be offered by our noble British brand.”

“The experts around the world have spoken, and they all agree we’ve created the finest Grand Tourer and I’m delighted that the car has received such a high level of recognition.”

“With the new Continental GT Convertible joining this highly acclaimed range next year, this only adds to the strongest and most technologically advanced portfolio of products the world has ever seen in one luxury brand.”

New Continental GT – Winning With Judges

Since its public unveiling just over a year ago, the third generation Continental GT has become a statement of Grand Touring excellence, combining supercar performance with limousine-like refinement and luxury.

World-leading style experts, GQ magazine, picked the ultimate grand tourer for its ‘Best Interior (And Possibly Exterior)’ award. It wrote: “Bentley’s challenge was to locate the sweet spot where hi-tech intersects with fabulous luxury. Challenge met.” It added that
    “Bentley has created a stunning environment… Best interior? Yes, and the rest.”

In naming it ‘GT of the Year’, BBC’s Top Gear magazine praised the Continental GT’s depth of engineering, with the publication describing it as “simply one of the most complete GT cars on the planet”. Particular praise was given to the car’s composure on road, making it “easier than ever to thread through the tricky bits”.

In the inaugural News UK Motor Awards, including the Times and Sun titles, the Continental GT was named ‘Luxury Car of the Year’. The judges noted that “the cabin feels as sumptuously appointed as the Princess Grace Suite at the Hotel de Paris Monte-Carlo” and that “unlike many sports cars, you’ll arrive feeling as relaxed as when the journey started”.

The Continental GT was also named ‘Best Interior’ and ‘Best Exterior Premium Brand’ in the prestigious German Design Awards, ‘Grand Tourer of the Year’ by Sohu Auto in China, and ‘Best Grand Tourer for travelling in Europe’ by Russian title, Prime Traveller.

Bentley 2018 awards in detail:

Continental GT
    British GQ Best Interior (And Possibly Exterior) UK
    News UK Motors Award Luxury Car of the Year
    Sohu Auto Grand Tourer of the Year 2017 China
    Global Times Innovate product of the Year 2017
    Men's Uno Best Car of the Year 2018
    Trophées de l’Argus Design France
    Coyote Automobile Awards Design
    Festival Automobile International Design
    Sportscars of the Year - Autozeitung Best GT Germany
    German Design Awards ‘Exterior Premium Brand’
    German Design Awards ‘Best ‘Interior’
    OBSERVADOR Best Sportscar Portugal
    Turbo Best Sportscar
    Essilor Car of the Year Best Sportscar
    Auto Pro 2018 Best luxury car Romania
    Prime Traveller The Best Grand Tourer for travelling in
    Europe
    Russia
    Autobello 2018 Best Luxury Design Award Spain
    Best Cars - (Auto Illustrierte) Best Luxury Car 2019 Switzerland
    Robb Report Vietnam Top 10 Best Cars Vietnam
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Year of global awards for Continental GT started by stuart View original post
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

philipharmes

Re: 2007 Passat EPB motor repair

" During both the open and close sequences I can hear BOTH motors in action, yet the hand brake on drivers side never actually engages. "

philipharmes Today, 11:20 AM Go to last post
    technodevotee

Re: Is this overkiill for me?

Thanks. Can I ask which version you have?

technodevotee Today, 11:15 AM Go to last post
    Scott K

Re: CARS MEANING OF LIFE - AUDI TT project

Just read it from start to finish. Really nice upgrades. Well done.

Scott K Today, 10:57 AM Go to last post
    Scott K

Re: S5 coupe info please

Good choice!

Scott K Today, 10:45 AM Go to last post
    Scott K

Re: Is this overkiill for me?

I have the VCDS one and it has paid for itself a couple of times over. I recently used it to change my rear discs and pads which saved the price on its

Scott K Today, 10:40 AM Go to last post
    jimmybog1

Re: Upgrade headlight bulbs

Aha, ok thanks for that. Think I'll give the Xenon a go

jimmybog1 Today, 10:38 AM Go to last post
    AlexTmMTR

Re: MET-R Q7 (4M) BodyKit

Dear Scott, Judging by the activity in this topic, advertising and sponsorship are useless in this case. I think that you could remove this topic altogether

AlexTmMTR Today, 10:33 AM Go to last post
    Scott K

Re: Tool required for Audi Roof Bars

The Audi one is an allen key but has the torque ratchet built into it. Think the part number is 8K0071712

Scott K Today, 10:31 AM Go to last post
    Scott K

Re: A6 Allroad 3.0l 2014

Hi,
    Would help if you could tell us which engine. Depending on output they have either s tronic or tiptronic gearboxes. S tronic require gearbox

Scott K Today, 10:25 AM Go to last post
    Scott K

Re: New member stoke on Trent

Welcome. Hopeful get plenty of answers.

Scott K Today, 10:05 AM Go to last post
    Scott K

Re: Hello to everyone from a new member.

Welcome to the forum.

Scott K Today, 10:03 AM Go to last post
    Scott K

Re: Newbie here

Welcome to the forum.

Scott K Today, 10:00 AM Go to last post
    Blacklablover

Re: MET-R Q7 (4M) BodyKit

Gosh you are an exceptionally brave man. Criticising such an up standing member of the community like Mr P can have dire consequences no matter where

Blacklablover Today, 09:42 AM Go to last post
    Blacklablover

Re: Nox Sensor wiring not covered by warranty

I would now seriously consider ‘where did this happen?’ as in where was the car parked. If whatever rodent did it once it’s likely

Blacklablover Today, 09:27 AM Go to last post
    sd4w5on

New member stoke on Trent

Eh up guys hope alls good ,
    I'm hoping this forum answers all my questions 👍👍

sd4w5on Today, 12:20 AM Go to last post

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -