Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• Audi A8 named World luxury car 2018

• Flagship model wins prestigious award
    • Ninth victory for Audi in the World Car Awards
    • Audi Board Member for Development Peter Mertens: “The Audi A8 is an innovation driver for our entire industry”

The Audi A8 is the World Luxury Car 2018. The win underscores the status of the brand’s flagship as the embodiment of Vorsprung durch Technik. The award ceremony took place today (Wednesday, 28 March) at the New York Auto Show.

In their decision, the 82 jury members from 24 countries assessed not only the emotional appeal, passenger comfort and safety, but also environment aspects as well as driving performance, market relevance and price-performance ratio. The Audi A8 prevailed against two competitors in the final elimination round. This marks the ninth overall victory for the brand with the four rings in the World Car Awards.

“This award is a special honour for us and our flagship,” explained Peter Mertens, Board Member for Development at AUDI AG. “The new Audi A8 is an innovation driver for our entire industry. It sets new standards in automotive engineering with its innovative touch control system, consistent, broad electrification and the technical conditions for conditional automated driving.”

The Audi A8 is being built at the Neckarsulm site and has been available to order in the UK since December 2017. In addition to its select materials and handcrafted-level build quality, its highlights include high-end equipment like the HD Matrix LED headlights with Audi laser light, dynamic all-wheel steering and the relaxation rear seat package with foot massage. UK pricing starts from £69,100 OTR for the standard wheelbase model and £73,095 OTR the A8 L.

Audi victories in the World Car Awards

2005 Audi A6 World Car of the Year
    2007 Audi RS4 World Performance Car
    2007 Audi TT World Car Design of the Year
    2008 Audi R8 World Performance Car
    2008 Audi R8 World Car Design of the Year
    2010 Audi R8 V10 World Performance Car
    2014 Audi A3 World Car of the Year
    2016 Audi R8 World Performance Car
    2018 Audi A8 World Luxury Car
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Audi A8 named World luxury car 2018 started by stuart View original post
  • AutoComSoft VIS Info System

VW Audi Forum - UK Sole Distributor for the AutoComSoft Vis Info System

The IDEAL companion for the VCDS user

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

Gmonster

Re: MMI / Telephone ring sound

Yeah change the ringtone; maybe the format of current set one in phone is unsupported by MMI.. either that or set one of the MMIs own tones (need to

Gmonster Today, 09:08 AM Go to last post
    JeffAtElmHouse

1999 Audi 80 Cabriolet electrical issues

Just got myself a 1999 audi 80 cabriolet 2.8 final edition, but have a few electrical niggles to cure, if anybody has had these problems and can advise

JeffAtElmHouse Today, 09:03 AM Go to last post
    Frithwood

Re: Send to car from Google Maps not working

Linkage of the MMI in the car to your audi account is the basic fundamental part of making this whole thing work. It is done in one of the menus in

Frithwood Today, 08:25 AM Go to last post
    Pedr057

Frithwood,

I'm trying to follow your steps but please could you explain how you linked your new account to the car's MMI (step 2b)?. I remember

Pedr057 Today, 07:24 AM Go to last post
    Amo Zirins

Re: MMI / Telephone ring sound

Try to change the ringtone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amo Zirins Today, 07:14 AM Go to last post
    Wills4000

Re: VCDS - Bridport, Dorset

Hi Andy,

It won’t let me reply to any of your messages, could you pm me your email address or number

Thanks Will

Wills4000 Yesterday, 10:34 PM Go to last post
    nial

Re: Deadlocked Door Advice

Thanks for the response.

Yes, battery disconnected for a few hours but no difference.

From my first post: "VCDS has logged

nial Yesterday, 10:24 PM Go to last post
    nsmith007

2.0 TDI CVT Sudden reduction in mpg

Hi, my 2009 A4 TDI 143 has suffered from a fairly sudden drop in mpg, from around 40mpg to around 25 mpg during mixed driving, which has become very noticeable

nsmith007 Yesterday, 10:02 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Deadlocked Door Advice

Have you tried diagnostics? Have you disconnected the battery for a while.

Crasher Yesterday, 09:37 PM Go to last post
    kicky1

Re: 1.6tdi mk7 heater pump blocked

Ok thankyou

kicky1 Yesterday, 09:37 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: 1.6tdi mk7 heater pump blocked

To complex for my iPad, prod me tomorrow at work.

Crasher Yesterday, 09:35 PM Go to last post
    kicky1

Re: Safe remap level for 1.6 TDI?

I believe the 1.6tdi is limited by the injectors and turbo 160bhp is about the limit before turbo etc need to be changed.
    The injectors are on the

kicky1 Yesterday, 09:17 PM Go to last post
    markellis

Ah no £60 is how much the local dealer (who called me back) will charge should I go ahead and plug their computer in and run the diagnostics on the car.

markellis Yesterday, 09:14 PM Go to last post
    nial

Re: passat 05 rear o/s door deadlocked shut!!!!!!

It's an 8P so similar chassis to the Passat B6? I have already started my own thread: Deadlocked Door Advice

but there hasn't been any

nial Yesterday, 09:07 PM Go to last post
    Frithwood

Seriously? Charge £60 for a free service from Customer Services.

Frithwood Yesterday, 08:53 PM Go to last post

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -