Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• Seat announces UK pricing and specification for new Ateca FR

• New Ateca FR to add a sporty dimension to SEAT’s hugely successful first SUV range
    • UK line-up will feature four engines, including new 2.0 TSI 190. Others are: 1.4 Eco TSI 150 turbo petrol, plus, 2.0 TDI 150 and 2.0 TDI 190 turbo diesels
    • 4Drive all-wheel drive featured as standard on all 2.0 litre engines
    • FR visually differentiated from other Atecas through sport look combining high gloss black front grille, 18-inch ‘Performance’ alloy wheels, body-colour wheel arch surrounds, unique FR front and rear bumpers, dark-tinted rear windows, side skirts, rear spoiler and aluminium roof rails and door mouldings
    • Impressive specification also includes SEAT Drive Profile, plus, full complement of exterior and cabin LED lighting, including multi-colour interior illumination
    • FR sporting quality reflected in sports front seats with Alcantara upholstery and progressive steering
    • Available to order from 3 July 2017, ahead of UK showroom arrival in August. Priced from £24,960 on-the-road (FR 1.4 Eco TSI 150 PS)

Unveiled this week at the Automobile Barcelona show, SEAT UK is now whetting British customers’ appetites with details of specifications and pricing for the sporty FR addition to its Ateca SUV range.

SEAT’s first SUV has already proved a huge hit, both with UK media and in the marketplace, its sales performance since launch last September helping the brand soar to record heights. The new FR will extend its appeal further with an injection of the sporty style and performance that are at the heart of the Barcelona-based brand.

There is a choice of four powerful and efficient engines – two petrol and two diesel, all of them turbocharged. Entry point is the 1.4 Eco TSI 150 PS, available with six-speed manual or DSG-auto transmission. Well worthy of the FR badge, it takes Ateca from rest to 62 mph in just 8.5 seconds and achieve a 125 mph top speed (manual version). Conversely, its official combined fuel economy and emissions figures are impressive at 52.3 mpg and 123 g/km. The brand new 2.0 TSI 190 PS, debuting in Ateca, is offered exclusively with 4Drive all-wheel drive and DSG transmission. Its statistics are 40.4 mpg combined fuel economy and 0-62mph in only 7.9 seconds.

The 2.0 TDI 150 PS also comes with 4Drive for added traction, posting benchmarks of 0-62 mph in nine seconds exactly and 122 mph maximum, with 55.4 mpg average fuel economy and CO2 emissions at 129 g/km.

Topping out the powertrain options is the 2.0 TDI 190 PS with 4Drive and seven-speed DSG transmission. It harnesses that horsepower to carve a second off the 0-62mph sprint (7.5 seconds), with top speed rising to 132 mph. Being a SEAT engine, maybe it’s no surprise that it has only a modest thirst for fuel – an official 53.3 mpg average, with CO2 at 135 g/km.

Styling and equipment

The Ateca’s cool styling gains a number of features that declare its FR designation, including a high-gloss black front grille, aluminium roof rails, window frames and lower door trim, chrome double tailpipes, body colour wheel arch surrounds, side skirts and a roof spoiler. It rides on 18-inch “Performance” alloys, or optional 19-inch “Exclusive” rims with a machined finish.

The FR is not just about sporty looks; it also delivers rewarding handling with progressive steering that weights up pleasingly at speed. Drivers can adjust performance using the SEAT Drive Profile system, putting the emphasis on eco or sportier response, or tailoring steering, throttle and DSG gear shift settings to their individual preference. 4Drive versions additionally provide off-road and snow modes.

LED lighting is used throughout, including headlights (full and dipped beam), daytime running lights, turn indicators and tail lights, plus the distinctive Ateca silhouette welcome lighting projected on the ground from the door mirrors. In FR guise, the cabin adopts the selectable multi-colour ambient illumination for altering the interior to suit your mood.

The FR is fitted with body-hugging sports front seats with Alcantara upholstery and a grippy leather-trimmed steering wheel. SEAT’s “Technology to Enjoy” ethos is reflected in the inclusion of the Media System Plus, accessed through a quick and simple-to-use eight-inch colour touchscreen. The infotainment features include a navigation system, USB/Aux-in/SD card connectivity and SEAT’s Full Link smartphone integration, with Mirror Link, Apple Car Play and Google Android Auto. Further tick-list items include dual-zone climate control, rear-view camera and auto-folding door mirrors.

The Ateca is already firmly at the top of the compact SUV class for safety, having earned the top five-star rating from independent testing organisation Euro NCAP. The new FR model’s safety provisions include SEAT’s Front Assist with City Emergency Braking and pedestrian detection, Tiredness Recognition and Hill Hold Control, in addition to a comprehensive array of seven occupant airbags, ISOFIX child seat fixings, ABS, ASR traction control, ESC and the XDS electronic differential lock

The FR specification need only be the start of the story, with a wealth of options available for customers to equip their Ateca to the max. The choice includes advanced driving, convenience and winter packs, a panoramic sunroof, Connectivity Hub with wireless phone charger, Park
    Assist and an even more sophisticated navigation package with dynamic route guidance.

The new SEAT Ateca FR will be available to order from 3 July 2017, with first deliveries to UK customers expected from October.
    On-the-road prices are as follows: -

1.4 Eco TSI 150 PS (manual) - £24,960
    1.4 Eco TSI 150PS (DSG auto) - £26,340
    2.0 TSI 190 PS 4Drive (DSG auto) - £29,760
    2.0 TDI 150 PS 4Drive (manual) - £28,410
    2.0 TDI 190 PS 4Drive (DSG auto) - £30,930
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Seat announces UK pricing and specification for new Ateca FR started by stuart View original post
  • AutoComSoft VIS Info System

VW Audi Forum - UK Sole Distributor for the AutoComSoft Vis Info System

The IDEAL companion for the VCDS user

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

ukgroucho

Re: A6 TDi ultra

I'm going to stir it up a bit here but if you are buying the car off your own ££ rather than a company paying for it then the fuel consumption is irrelevant

ukgroucho Today, 03:36 AM Go to last post
    DieselMonster

Re: P0401 EGR insufficient flow-vw passat BKP

Okay I understand, I haven't checked under the tandem pump or left a piece of cardboard under the car. I have checked under the car with it running at

DieselMonster Today, 02:27 AM Go to last post
    Gazwould

Re: Smoke whilst accelerating... ?

I'm not either , it just feels like I've entered a rabbit hole and the whole dpf debacle is for nothing because they should just of used cleaner burning

Gazwould Today, 01:49 AM Go to last post
    DMitch16

I was only answering the noise on the video link but now realise it was a sample from another car - which had a failing DMF (100% sure of that as identical

DMitch16 Today, 01:48 AM Go to last post
    Whippy53

Re: A6 TDi ultra

I'm getting average 47mpg per annum out of my 177 auto, mix of driving.

Whippy53 Today, 01:31 AM Go to last post
    Vagnuts

Re: Is replacing window switch a DIY job?

yes I would agree with that----and say that I have got it wrong, it do's happen !!hahaha, but I have seen so many of these fail that if I had a pound

Vagnuts Today, 01:28 AM Go to last post
    DieselMonster

I've heard in my time two different DMF's on their way out, they make a rattling noise, no such noise is made from my car and if it was, I know it would

DieselMonster Today, 01:25 AM Go to last post
    Vagnuts

Hey I'm not knocking anything here, as for the pug the pump would have been a CAV/Lucas pump and they never did like the veg, I'v seen quite a few die

Vagnuts Today, 01:22 AM Go to last post
    Brycie

Thanks for the replies guys. If I press the back of the switch down, while pulling the front of the button up, the window moves freely, as it should.

Brycie Today, 01:20 AM Go to last post
    Gazwould

Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel?

What about the towing benefit ?

The engine oil , VNT carbon build up , egr and inlet manifold gunk benefits ?

Gazwould Today, 01:18 AM Go to last post
    Gazwould

I saw the cetane booster product test and 2 Stroke was a positive result for cetane .

How else do you account for a few more mpg , the

Gazwould Today, 01:10 AM Go to last post
    DMitch16

Nothing to do with the EGR cooler. If I was a betting man (and I can hear your DMF plates rattling) I'd put money on either the excess movement causing

DMitch16 Today, 01:09 AM Go to last post
    DieselMonster

I have changed it and the fact that it was leaking more prior to using stop leak fluid suggests that it isn't leaking from the cap. I read this really

DieselMonster Today, 01:02 AM Go to last post
    Vagnuts

Re: Advice needed please - mk6 cabriolet with pools in nearside front and rear footwells

not to familiar with the car but a very common fault with vag is the balk head drain plug underneath the battery, if it is situated at bottom of the windscreen--if

Vagnuts Today, 12:47 AM Go to last post
    swwalker

At a guess door card off there is a hidden screw behind the speaker mesh.

swwalker Today, 12:38 AM Go to last post

• Recent Blog Posts

PFJones

Now selling Autoterm Heating Systems

We are pleased announce we are now selling the entire range of vehicle air and water heaters from Autoterm Heating Systems....

PFJones 10-11-2017 12:23 PM
    PFJones

Towbar fitting Leeds

Our mobile towbar fitting service has now been rolled out to Leeds, all fitters are time served. All towbar fits are covered by our motor traders insurance, the fitting can be done at either your...

PFJones 07-11-2017 02:21 PM

• Facebook

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -