Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• The future is electric with the Škoda Vision E

• World premiere: ŠKODA’s first electric-study VISION debuts at Shanghai Motor Show 2017
    • Looking to the future: VISION E gives an insight into ŠKODA’s electromobility strategy
    • Wide range: Five electric vehicles in various segments by 2025
    • Start: ŠKODA SUPERB with plug-in hybrid drive coming in 2019
    • Autonomous Driving: ŠKODA VISION E meets level-3 requirements

ŠKODA’s appearance at the Shanghai Motor Show 2017 (19 – 28 April) is characterized by electric change: With the Vision E study, the company provides its first brand-specific outlook on the future of individual mobility. The emotionally designed five-door SUV coupé can travel up to 500 kilometres on purely electric power and meets the level 3 requirements for autonomous driving. ŠKODA is intensively pursuing the electrification of its model range, and will be offering five purely electric models in various segments by 2025.

Tomorrow's mobility – planning and development is in full swing at ŠKODA. The first purely electrically driven and autonomous driving concept car in the company's history embodies the brand’s interpretation of electric vehicles.

At 4,645 mm long, 1,917 mm wide and 1,550 mm tall, the ŠKODA VISION E has great road presence. Thanks to the long wheelbase of 2,850 mm, as well as the short overhangs at the front and rear, the designers have created an extremely spacious interior – as always with ŠKODA. In the future-oriented vehicle concept, the elevated seating position typical of SUV models and the generous space combine with a dynamic silhouette and gently sloping roof line in the style of a coupé.

Thanks to the system output of 225 kW, the ŠKODA VISION E accelerates instantaneously and dynamically. The top speed is 180 km/h (112mph). The powerful lithium-ion batteries and optimal recuperation allow a range of up to 500 kilometres (311 miles). Thanks to intelligent management, the two electric engines cooperate with maximum efficiency and drive the ŠKODA VISION E over all four wheels. The front- and rear-wheel drive is suitably adjusted to ensure the highest degree of stability, dynamism and safety at all times.

With the VISION E, ŠKODA is also providing an outlook on the forms of autonomous driving coming soon. According to the latest surveys, around 15 percent of all new cars could be driving completely autonomously in 2030. The concept car ŠKODA VISION E achieves the prerequisites for level 3 autonomous driving: It can operate independently in traffic jams, go into autopilot on motorways, stay in lane and swerve, carry out overtaking manoeuvres, independently search for free parking spaces and park and leave parking spaces alone. To enable this, various sensors with different ranges and numerous cameras constantly monitor the traffic situation.

Electric mobility strategy

Electromobility plays a key role in the company's global growth strategy. ŠKODA develops its own vehicle concepts for purely electric mobility on the basis of the MEB Group platform.

The electrification of ŠKODA’s model range will begin as early as 2019 with the launch of the ŠKODA SUPERB with plug-in hybrid drive. ŠKODA’s first purely electric series-produced vehicle will be released shortly afterwards in 2020. By 2025, the brand will have expanded its range to include five purely electric cars in various segments.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: The future is electric with the Škoda Vision E started by stuart View original post
  • AutoComSoft VIS Info System

VW Audi Forum - UK Sole Distributor for the AutoComSoft Vis Info System

The IDEAL companion for the VCDS user

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

maxw

Re: 4M finds.

Depends if you have a SQ7 OR A Q7?

Only the SQ7 will show SQ7 on power up so if you have the Q7 yes you pressed the wrong setting although

maxw Today, 11:16 AM Go to last post
    MacUsers

Re: 4M finds.

I just noticed that SQ7 shows up on my VC screen when I start the machine - did I mess up with the ODBEleven and changed the logo by mistake?

MacUsers Today, 11:03 AM Go to last post
    MacUsers

Re: Apple Car Play

I just wish if I could take Alexa with me.....

MacUsers Today, 11:00 AM Go to last post
    MacUsers

Re: Apple Car Play

hummm........... WhatsApp is on CarPlay now? Also wanted Slack to be shownup (I'm being greedy ).

MacUsers Today, 10:51 AM Go to last post
    54A4Avant

Rescuing distressed winter wheels - how would you attack these?

This set of winter tyres and wheels came with my A6 Allroad when I bought it a couple of months ago. Now I want to get them cleaned up but as you can

54A4Avant Today, 10:47 AM Go to last post
    darich

Re: Newbie Question

Cheers groucho..i do sometimes select sport mode that way then switch off after I've had my fun [emoji482][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F

darich Today, 10:32 AM Go to last post
    Andrew[MG]

Ignition Festival

Anyone planning on heading along this year?

We're having a warm-up event at the SEC this weekend if you are free..... https://www.facebook.com/events/1931275073757603

Andrew[MG] Today, 10:30 AM Go to last post
    KIXXX

Re: VW Phaeton smoking 3.0 0n idle

Yes level of oil is increasing so i guess it is injectors.... any recommended garages that could fix this ...cheers

KIXXX Today, 10:28 AM Go to last post
    MarkLambers

Re: Wimbledon Audi experiences?

272 S-line, Ink Blue, Black Valcona leather, Tech Pack, Style Pack, Comfort and Sound Pack. Ticks all the major boxes for me/us.

Would

MarkLambers Today, 10:05 AM Go to last post
    Old Nick

Re: Sat Nav loosing itself

Lots of people looking but no replies as yet! Local dealer (Bedford Audi) aware of the problem but as yet again no answers!

Old Nick Today, 09:36 AM Go to last post
    Old Nick

Re: "Voluntary" emissions software update Audi V6 / V8 diesels

EU6 cars are definitely not involved as they require AdBlue etc.

Old Nick Today, 09:31 AM Go to last post
    Rob69

Re: What is the cause of Noise from engine?

A well known fault with those engines at that sort of mileage is the oil pump drive failing, your rattling could be a symptom of low oil pressure, dual

Rob69 Today, 09:13 AM Go to last post
    RhysoTDI

Re: Lap Timer Help

The clocks need a firmware update to enable the lap timer on pre 62 plate cars

RhysoTDI Today, 07:47 AM Go to last post
    rza

Re: Wimbledon Audi experiences?

Comgrats. What spec did you go for?

rza Today, 07:07 AM Go to last post
    Silane

Re: Dashcam hardwiring gremlins

Staying on indefinitely? When I was using a multimeter to test which fuses turn off, I noticed that most, if not all stay live for a few minutes after

Silane Today, 05:34 AM Go to last post

• Facebook

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -