Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• Order books open for new Škoda Octavia vRS and Scout

Prices range from £25,130 to £29,450

• Retailers open Octavia vRS and Scout order books on 1 March
    • Revised model features striking new front end design and new technologies
    • vRS available with 230PS 2.0-litre petrol or 184PS 2.0-litre diesel engine
    • Scout exclusively 4X4 with 2.0-litre diesel producing 150PS or 184PS
    ŠKODA has announced that ordering for the new Octavia vRS and Scout ranges will open on 1 March, with prices starting from £25,130 OTR.

vRS

The 2017 Octavia vRS features the same evolution of the brand’s celebrated design language as the standard Octavia, with a distinctive new quad light layout featuring full LED headlight technology and the crystalline detailing that defines the look of the new Kodiaq. vRS models are available in two body styles (hatch and Estate) with a choice of petrol or diesel engines, manual or DSG automatic gearboxes and front or four-wheel drive.

The 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine now produces 230PS as standard (+10PS), and can accelerate from 0-62mph in 6.7 seconds (6.8 seconds for DSG) before reaching a top speed of 155 mph. Combined fuel consumption for the petrol-powered Octavia vRS is 43.5 mpg for the manual version, and 42.8 mpg for the DSG-equipped model.

Later in the year the petrol vRS range will be bolstered by a vRS 245 model with 245PS, extra equipment and an improved 0-62mph time of just 6.6 seconds.

Diesel models are equipped with a 2.0-litre engine producing 184PS, and can be specified with either front or four-wheel drive, the latter exclusively equipped with a DSG automatic gearbox. The powerful diesel engine accelerates the Octavia vRS from 0-62mph in 7.9 seconds (7.6 seconds for the 4X4 model) and can return up to 62.8 mpg on the combined cycle.

vRS models also enjoy a significant boost in equipment levels with full LED headlights, 18-inch alloy wheels, sports seats and upholstery, Performance mode selection, Amundsen 8-inch touchscreen navigation system with WiFi hotspot, ambient lighting with 10 colour choices and a super sport 3-spoke leather multifunction steering wheel with vRS logo and paddles for DSG models. Those looking to personalise their vRS can add new Alcantara sports seats and upholstery, gloss black elements for the front grille and wing mirrors and a choice of 18-inch and 19-inch alloy wheel finishes.

Scout

Scout models once again deliver the perfect combination of comfort and rugged 4x4 ability and feature Alcantara and leather Scout upholstery, Amundsen eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system, full LED headlamps, Scout body styling details and off-road mode. Scout models also come equipped with a rough road package that delivers increased protection for the underside of the vehicle along with Lane assist, heated front seats and heated multifunction steering wheel.

The new Octavia also offers state-of-the-art solutions for connectivity. ŠKODA Connect is comprised of two categories: Infotainment Online services that provide additional information such as weather reports and parking space availability, along with real-time navigation details. Care Connect provides remote access as well as assistance. A year’s subscription to Infotainment online is available as an option on Scout and vRS models.

Safety and assistance systems have also been boosted significantly as part of the model update. Trailer assist is able to control the steering when the vehicle is slowly reversing, while predictive pedestrian protection has been added to the acclaimed Front assist system. Park assist has also been improved thanks to the addition of a new rear radar and rear view camera that introduces Blind Spot Detection and Rear Traffic Alert to the Octavia’s armoury.

Scout
    CO2 VED Recommended OTR BiK 16/17 P11D value
    Estate 2.0TDI 150PS 4x4 130 D £26,525.00 26% £26,470.00
    2.0TDI 184PS 4x4 DSG 133 E £29,450.00 26% £29,265.00
    vRS CO2 VED Recommended OTR BiK 16/17 P11D value
    Hatch 2.0 TSI 230PS 149 F £25,130.00 26% £24,930.00
    2.0 TSI 230PS DSG 149 F £26,520.00 26% £26,320.00
    2.0 TDI 184PS 119 C £25,160.00 23% £25,105.00
    2.0 TDI 184PS DSG 129 D £26,550.00 25% £26,495.00
    2.0 TDI 184PS DSG 4x4 134 E £28,130.00 26% £27,945.00
    Estate 2.0 TSI 230PS 149 F £26,330.00 26% £26,130.00
    2.0 TSI 230PS DSG 149 F £27,720.00 26% £27,520.00
    2.0 TDI 184PS 119 C £26,360.00 23% £26,305.00
    2.0 TDI 184PS DSG 129 D £27,750.00 25% £27,695.00
    2.0 TDI 184PS DSG 4x4 134 E £29,330.00 26% £29,145.00
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Order books open for new Škoda Octavia vRS and Scout started by stuart View original post
  • AutoComSoft VIS Info System

VW Audi Forum - UK Sole Distributor for the AutoComSoft Vis Info System

The IDEAL companion for the VCDS user

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

paradisiac82

Buying an A3

Hi, currently have a mk4 golf GTTDI pd130 and a mk1 Leon 1.8t 180bhp. Looking at getting a 2004 A3 2.0 TDI (BKD) Sport. What does the sport model have

paradisiac82 Today, 01:12 AM Go to last post
    iainpeter

Repair Codes

I have just looked at the history of my S line saloon prior to purchase and have found the following repair codes:
    90j5,96d5,96d7 (carried out at

iainpeter Today, 12:00 AM Go to last post
    kubiak1972

Re: RNS-D Snags: Auto shutdown and TP

Good evening

I have exactly the same symptoms on my 2003 A6 : automatic shutdown after exactly one hour and unability to switch off TP.

kubiak1972 Yesterday, 11:57 PM Go to last post
    kubiak1972

Hello from French newcomer

Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum but not to VAG cars ...

I am lucky enough to have come to your community while searching

kubiak1972 Yesterday, 11:53 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Clutch pedal is hard. Cannot press it at all.

That is a rare failure these days. On the old 020 box it was an occasional problem but the design of the finger was strengthened for the 02K version of

Crasher Yesterday, 11:32 PM Go to last post
    Graham Snelson

Re: Any 1.4 owners? MPG?

Ive got a 1.4 sport which bought to replace a a6 le mans avant thinking the mpg would be better. Well I can confirm it's exactly the same 36 around town

Graham Snelson Yesterday, 11:28 PM Go to last post
    Chris81

Re: S-Tronic - do you engage N on traffic lights?

I’ve unfortunately got a 520d touring whilst my A6 is getting repaired.

Every time I start the BMW I have to turn on the auto break as

Chris81 Yesterday, 11:22 PM Go to last post
    shabazmo

Re: Front brake pads

mmmm! I must be driving differently. 110k miles on the original discs and pads and probably another 10k miles left on both front and rear

shabazmo Yesterday, 10:38 PM Go to last post
    andy_42

Re: Clutch pedal is hard. Cannot press it at all.

Hello Crasher,
    Thank you for all your help.
    I finally managed to take the car to a garage. The mechanic said that it was broken a lever,

andy_42 Yesterday, 10:35 PM Go to last post
    robes401

Not sure what you mean by have the handbrake auto engage? I have the hill hold engaged which on the A6 holds the car with the brake lights off, but on

robes401 Yesterday, 10:02 PM Go to last post
    El-Cap

No when the start stop is on when I take my foot off the brake the engine stays off and the brake light goes off.

I had a Jaguar XE loan

El-Cap Yesterday, 09:39 PM Go to last post
    robes401

But when the engine is off due to start stop and you release the brake does the brake light stay on? On our TTS is does and in our A6 the engine comes

robes401 Yesterday, 09:33 PM Go to last post
    El-Cap

I use the auto brake. Light foot on the brake engages the auto brake but keeps the engine running. Push a bit firmer and the stop start kicks in. I only

El-Cap Yesterday, 09:07 PM Go to last post
    tonycu

Re: 2002 VW Polo 1.4 16v BBY - Will not start, turns over, no lights on dashboard

Hi Niall
    with respect i agree with changing the spark plugs every 18,000 miles but surely changing the three ignition coils is overkill at every

tonycu Yesterday, 09:05 PM Go to last post
    Robbie512

Audi Cabriolet 1.8 yr2000 running problems

Guys I need help. Garages seem to have given up on me. The car starts with difficulty. finially fires up but then runs erratically and then stalls. Sometime

Robbie512 Yesterday, 09:05 PM Go to last post

• Recent Blog Posts

PFJones

Most recent towbar fitting locations

Some the areas we have fitted towbars last couple of months.

Ashford...

PFJones 06-12-2017 03:39 PM

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -