Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum dedicated entirely to all Volkswagen group cars.

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• Audi Q8 concept premieres in Detroit

• Study unlocks new segment for the full-size category
    • Typical spaciousness of an SUV with elegance of a coupé
    • Imposing front, with design echoes of the Ur-quattro

Audi will start the New Year with a sensation: At the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit in January 2017, the premium manufacturer is to present the Audi Q8 concept. The near-production study represents a synthesis of the emotional styling of a coupé and the spaciousness that typifies an SUV, with all its variability. With this move, the brand is unlocking a new segment for the full-size category.

“With the Audi Q8 concept, we have created a new spearhead within our Q model line. Its design strongly evokes sportiness and prestige,” declared Audi Head of Design Marc Lichte. “What’s more, we believe an important aspect of this showcar is that it offers a spacious interior with four equally comfortable seats, even with the flat roof line.”

The study vehicle’s front end is imposing. The octagonal Singleframe is considerably wider than that in Audi’s current production models. It is positioned well forward, with three-dimensional sculpting. Many design elements of the Q8 concept are reminiscent of the Audi Ur-quattro of the 1980s. They include the extremely flat but very wide C-post, and the prominent, flared shoulders above the wheels. These balanced proportions give equal emphasis to the front and rear wheels – typically quattro.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Audi Q8 concept premieres in Detroit started by stuart View original post
  • AutoComSoft VIS Info System

VW Audi Forum - UK Sole Distributor for the AutoComSoft Vis Info System

The IDEAL companion for the VCDS user

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

KevTrem

Re: Any MTB fans on here?

so your probably looking at about 14kg for an endure bike, the towbar will easily take 3 of those. Have a look on PF Jones, that's who I got mine through,

KevTrem Today, 01:22 PM Go to last post
    BiscuTMonkeY

Crankfoam

Basically overfilled the engine oil of my 1.8t 99 A4 by nearly 500ml drove on the highway for around 60km before the music was turned down and heard the

BiscuTMonkeY Today, 01:13 PM Go to last post
    Stern

Re: Unknown electrical issue (immobilizer/start stop?)

Just to tie this up:

They removed the gearbox and found that a piece of the gearbox had broken off and was smashing around inside causing

Stern Today, 01:11 PM Go to last post
    El-Cap

Re: Parking Pack

Personally I think the sensors are more than sufficient. My last car came with a reversing camera as standard but I never used it much.
    The Audi

El-Cap Today, 01:09 PM Go to last post
    BiscuTMonkeY

Crankfoam

Basically overfilled the engine oil of my 1.8t 99 A4 by nearly 500ml drove on the highway for around 60km before the music was turned down and heard the

BiscuTMonkeY Today, 01:07 PM Go to last post
    wildbore

The 360 camera pack is brilliant and one of the best options on the A6, I think. I use the surround cameras all the time.

wildbore Today, 01:05 PM Go to last post
    BiscuTMonkeY

Crankfoam

BiscuTMonkeY Today, 01:01 PM Go to last post
    big_swede

Discovery Pro Nav - arrival estimation wrong

Hi,

Just did my first longer trip with the Passat and in the Discovery Pro Nav I searched for the target location and started the trip.

big_swede Today, 01:01 PM Go to last post
    NewAudi

Re: Sound booster on the Bitdi

The BiTdi comes standard with it.

I have the Kufatec as well. Simple plug and play. Works really well and according to Kufatecs homepage

NewAudi Today, 12:37 PM Go to last post
    Corb2000

Re: Upgraded washer jets

I've spoken to Heatshot and they don't recall fitting a unit into the A7 but offered to try for £99.95 - I might be selling my unit on!

Corb2000 Today, 12:26 PM Go to last post
    pany

I use the sensors and the camera all the time now, to support my use of mirrors. Automatic parking less so, do use it if tight space and can't be bothered

pany Today, 12:23 PM Go to last post
    h2000

Parking Pack

Is the parking pack useful? or a waste? I've never had a car as a big as the A6 so slightly aprehensive about parking but for those who ordered the parking

h2000 Today, 12:12 PM Go to last post
    beefio

Bluetooth Telephone & Built in SIM

I had my iPhone connect to via Bluetooth to my 3G+ MMI however realised that the MMI wouldn't share my iphones data connection for Audi Connect/online

beefio Today, 12:11 PM Go to last post
    Feneris

Re: Does anyone know where there's a guide on front shock removal

Thanks for the reply B5NUT and the link to your replacement job. Mine, pictured here, also seems to have the three black rubber caps to give access

Feneris Today, 11:39 AM Go to last post
    h2000

20" titanium twin spoke wheels

Anyone know the part number and perhaps a price for a set of 4?

h2000 Today, 11:36 AM Go to last post

• Facebook

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Images used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevent Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -