Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti and Porsche

• Audi Q8 concept premieres in Detroit

• Study unlocks new segment for the full-size category
    • Typical spaciousness of an SUV with elegance of a coupé
    • Imposing front, with design echoes of the Ur-quattro

Audi will start the New Year with a sensation: At the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit in January 2017, the premium manufacturer is to present the Audi Q8 concept. The near-production study represents a synthesis of the emotional styling of a coupé and the spaciousness that typifies an SUV, with all its variability. With this move, the brand is unlocking a new segment for the full-size category.

“With the Audi Q8 concept, we have created a new spearhead within our Q model line. Its design strongly evokes sportiness and prestige,” declared Audi Head of Design Marc Lichte. “What’s more, we believe an important aspect of this showcar is that it offers a spacious interior with four equally comfortable seats, even with the flat roof line.”

The study vehicle’s front end is imposing. The octagonal Singleframe is considerably wider than that in Audi’s current production models. It is positioned well forward, with three-dimensional sculpting. Many design elements of the Q8 concept are reminiscent of the Audi Ur-quattro of the 1980s. They include the extremely flat but very wide C-post, and the prominent, flared shoulders above the wheels. These balanced proportions give equal emphasis to the front and rear wheels – typically quattro.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Audi Q8 concept premieres in Detroit started by stuart View original post
  • AutoComSoft VIS Info System

VW Audi Forum - UK Sole Distributor for the AutoComSoft Vis Info System

The IDEAL companion for the VCDS user

• PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• Recent Forum Posts

anilc23

Re: Huge list of VCDS codes & problems for my 2.0 T

Thanks, is there something I can use to flush it all out?
    Also - cleared the codes and it was acting normal for while then EML came on for the

anilc23 Today, 12:42 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Some of the codes such as the timing ones suggests to me a low oil pressure problem When Audi dealt with the oil consumption issue it is the pistons they

Crasher Yesterday, 11:48 PM Go to last post
    anilc23

Thanks I'd love to take it to a mechanic but everyone I've taken it to so far including Audi don't have a clue?!

anilc23 Yesterday, 11:31 PM Go to last post
    swwalker

Re: Spare wheel

This reminds me of an episode of cops from Ireland. The guards stop a coach of school kids on the motorway on a routine check and noticecwire coming out

swwalker Yesterday, 11:28 PM Go to last post
    buddyboy

From all them codes it seems to be a fueling issue or a timing issue. Either way that's a lot of codes to have for the engine. I would be getting a mechanic

buddyboy Yesterday, 11:20 PM Go to last post
    Chris

Re: Battery issue, Audi A4 B8 2008 2ltr TDI

If it's the original battery I'd be replacing it as it's now 9 years old.

Chris Yesterday, 10:52 PM Go to last post
    Akash

Re: Wheel nuts covers

Might be way off here but I thought it was something to do with alignment or rear lights cluster removal? I'll have to dig out the manual to see if it

Akash Yesterday, 10:51 PM Go to last post
    Dave_Holland

A8 Specific Buying Advice

Evening All

Having owned, and done a fair bit of work on a variety of VWs, A3s, A4s and A6s; I'm going to bite the bullet and go for an A8.

Dave_Holland Yesterday, 10:49 PM Go to last post
    A6S

Re: Wheel nuts covers

So what about that credit card thing? What's that used for?

A6S Yesterday, 10:45 PM Go to last post
    Robert pierce

Greetings

Hi everybody, just a little introduction about myself.

Had a few audis over the last few years and they've all been fantastic. So when

Robert pierce Yesterday, 10:28 PM Go to last post
    buddyboy

Re: Audi a7 rear break glass sensor location?

I think maybe when they were applying your tint, one of their tools went down behind the trim and loosened it off. I had no tools anywhere near mine and

buddyboy Yesterday, 10:12 PM Go to last post
    andyhud007

Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit

Jeez.. Your not kidding

andyhud007 Yesterday, 10:09 PM Go to last post
    mirnz

Battery issue, Audi A4 B8 2008 2ltr TDI

Hi All,

Hoping you can help please. I have an Audi A4 B8 2008 2ltr TDI with c. 120k mileage.

There is an issue with the battery.

mirnz Yesterday, 10:06 PM Go to last post
    FreshAirIan

Re: MK 4 Golf water leaking into the car

After trying various other possible leak points (ventilation inlet on bulkhead, inner door panels) I finally tested the front sunroof drain. It was no

FreshAirIan Yesterday, 10:04 PM Go to last post
    Spr0cket

Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit

That didn't hang around for long...

Spr0cket Yesterday, 10:02 PM Go to last post

• Facebook

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

• Advertisements

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Images used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevent Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -