Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

• Phasing out the e-Golf: Volkswagen prepares to launch the ID.3 at the Transparent Factory in Dresden

• Production of the e-Golf2 ends today: 50,401 units manufactured in Dresden since March 2017
    • After rebuilding the production: The first ID.3 roll off the assembly lines at the end of January
    • Danny Auerswald, head of plant: "With the production of the ID.3 in Dresden, Volkswagen is underlining the importance of the Saxon plants in the group- wide E-offensive."

The Volkswagen e-Golf becomes a part of Volkswagen’s rich history: Today the last vehicle rolls off the production line at the Transparent Factory in Dresden. With the e-Golf in Urano Grey, a total of 50,401 vehicles have been manufactured in Dresden since March 2017. At the beginning of the new year 2021, the production area of the Transparent Factory will be reconstructed for three weeks before the first ID.3 series vehicles roll off the assembly lines in Dresden at the end of January.

Danny Auerswald, head of plant of the Transparent Factory: "The end of the e-Golf is also the start of the final preparations for the ID.3. In just a few weeks, we will be opening the next chapter for the Transparent Factory. After Zwickau, we are the second location in Europe to manufacture vehicles based on the new modular e-drive system. Volkswagen is thus underlining the importance of the Saxon plants in the group-wide E-offensive."

Thomas Aehlig, Chairman of the Works Council of the Transparent Factory: "The start of assembly of the ID.3 is very good news for the workforce and the reward for the many efforts made in the transformation of the site since 2016. We have thus achieved sustainable job security for the core workforce and a positive future perspective for the site."

Dresden site: Technical equipment for the ID.3 in two waves

At the beginning of 2021, the production area of the Transparent Factory will be converted to meet the requirements of the Modular Electric Drive Kit (MEB). The first conversions for the ID.3 already took place in summer 2020. As one of seven stations, the "marriage", where the body and chassis are bolted together, was adapted. The conversion measures in winter include, for example, the installation of a system on which the panoramic roof is fitted and the adaptation of the gripping devices for the installation of the cockpit and seat system.

e-Golf: One of the most popular e-vehicles in Europe

The e-Golf was launched in 2014 and was produced in Wolfsburg until summer 2020. In 2017, the Transparent Factory started production in parallel to meet the high demand. In total, 145,561 left the two German production facilities in more than seven years. Measured by sales figures, the e-Golf is one of the most popular e-cars in Europe - especially with customers in Norway and the German home market.

Transparent Factory Dresden: E-location and showcase for e-mobility since 2017

Since opening in 2001, the upper-class saloon Phaeton (84,235 units, 2001-2016), the Bentley Flying Spur (2,186 units, 2005/2006 and 2013/2014) and, since 2017, the
    e-Golf (50,401 units) have rolled off the production line in the Transparent Factory. The launch of the e-Golf also marked the strategic realignment of the company into a "Centre of Future Mobility". Innovative business areas such as the "Future Mobility Incubator", Volkswagen's start-up programme, and the "Future Mobility Campus", a

learning laboratory for training and further education, the expansion of vehicle delivery and as a test field for Production 4.0, have made the location fit for the future. This successful transformation will continue apace with the imminent series production of the ID.3 from the end of January 2021.

MEB makes electric cars suitable for the masses

The ID.3 is the first vehicle to be based on Volkswagen's Modular Electric Drive Kit (MEB). The platform was developed specifically for e-cars and makes the best possible use of the possibilities of electric mobility. For example, the ID.3 has a long range, plenty of interior space and dynamic handling. More than 28,000 cars have been handed over to customers since the Europe-wide market launch in September. The basic version of the ID.3 will cost less than 30,000 euros (without state subsidies) and will be available to order in early 2021.

Strong e-car cluster in Germany

With its determined entry into e-mobility, Volkswagen is making an important contribution to climate protection and thus creating long-term prospects for its approximately 100,000 employees at its German plants. In addition to production at the Zwickau plant and, in future, Dresden, the component plants in Brunswick, Kassel, Salzgitter and Wolfsburg are also involved. They manufacture important components such as the electric motor or the battery system. The Emden and Hanover vehicle plants are also scheduled to start producing e-cars from 2022. In the medium term, the Group headquarters in Wolfsburg is to become the pioneering factory for the highly automated manufacture of electric vehicles.

Video:
    Phasing out the e-Golf: Volkswagen prepares to launch the ID.3 in Dresden - YouTube

1)
    ID.3 - combined power consumption in kWh/100 km (NEDC): 15.4-14.5, CO2 emissions in g/km: 0; efficiency class: A+
    2) e-Golf: Power consumption, combined 13.8 – 12.9 kWh/100 km; CO₂ emissions, combined 0 g/km; efficiency class A+
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Phasing out the e-Golf: Volkswagen prepares to launch the ID.3 at the Transparent Factory in Dresden started by stuart View original post
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

If you need new insurance or your renewal is due, and you are looking for a good deal then please try the
    VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• Recent Forum Posts

Roverfan

Re: 2009 Jetta 1.6TDi CAYC EGR fault codes

The feedback pin seems to be pin6 from what you've posted (three thinner wires are power, ground and feedback for potentiometer/position sensor) but the

Roverfan Today, 12:53 AM Go to last post
    cgentil

Fuel Gauge Needle Oscillation

Hello All,

I have installed a new HELLA 8TF 358 106-061 fuel delivery pump and all is ok.

Passat B6 2.0 TDi Engine.

cgentil Yesterday, 02:08 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: VW T4 Indicators stuck on when central locking

Not a common one but it will be the J276 central locking controller indicator output relay sticking but these are obsolete so you ned to find a used one

Crasher Yesterday, 11:14 AM Go to last post
    armandunkn

High Beam assist for C7.5 Allroad Facelift with MATRIX

Hi,

I am looking for the steps on how to change the high beam activation speed threshold on my facelift with Matrix. While working out with

armandunkn Yesterday, 10:44 AM Go to last post
    armandunkn

Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks

Hello,

I have an A6 C7.5 Allroad 2016 and I m trying to change the High beam assist threshold, while working out with OBD11 team they told

armandunkn Yesterday, 10:39 AM Go to last post
    Semitones

Re: 2009 Jetta 1.6TDi CAYC EGR fault codes

Bump

Semitones Yesterday, 05:55 AM Go to last post
    MrT1983

Re: Fitted these Audi A5 alloys to a touran

Did you lower this? I've just put some a5 wheels with the same size tyres on my touran and the arch gap is massive, it looks alot bigger than yours, im

MrT1983 17-03-2024, 10:57 PM Go to last post
    LRHT4

VW T4 Indicators stuck on when central locking

I am struggling with an ongoing electrical issue.

51 plate VW Caravelle 2.5TDI

When I lock the van with key fob, sometimes

LRHT4 17-03-2024, 08:16 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Mk3 16 plate TDI 184 FR clutch issue.

Ahh, I would be thinking about the Sachs X-Tend kit with DMF.

Crasher 17-03-2024, 07:49 PM Go to last post
    davedlewis

Thanks again for the advice, I’m only double checking as half the mileage is towing a transporter trailer with weight close to the limit. It’s a great

davedlewis 17-03-2024, 06:10 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: 2.4 v6 cambelt change help

You can download and save as a pdf everything to do with your car from erWin. As you will not have used it before I suggest paying €30 for a day

Crasher 17-03-2024, 01:22 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

That is very low milage. The usual action would be to insist on a four piece clutch DMF kit but even with my mega fussy mechanic hat on I am tempted to

Crasher 17-03-2024, 01:17 PM Go to last post
    csp22uk

2.4 v6 cambelt change help

Hi everyone, ive a 1997 2.4v6, that i need to do a cambelt on, but struggling to find any write ups or torque wrench settings, can anyone help?

csp22uk 17-03-2024, 08:28 AM Go to last post
    mickeybo

Re: 2003 Ford Galaxy (Sharan) 1.9 ASZ TDi Fan Control Module Issues.

First check on this has to be the coolant temp sensor resistance taken at cold should read approx 2-3 k the very most likely cause of your problem with

mickeybo 17-03-2024, 01:07 AM Go to last post
    Lucian189

Re: SQ7 Power Loss Issue / Popping Noise

Have you managed to fix this issue >?? I have the same problem,changed some expensive parts ,still same ..power /boost drops plus turbo 1 surges instantly

Lucian189 16-03-2024, 10:43 PM Go to last post

• Google Ads - One

• Google Ads - Two

• Google Ads - Three

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - Scania - MAN - Ducatti - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -