Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

• Torque of the town: Volkswagen Golf GTD now open for order and more powerful than ever

• High-performance, long-range diesel now open to UK customers
    • Latest GTD offers 200 PS, and 0-62 mph in 7.1 seconds
    • 2.0-litre TDI engine returns 51.4-54.3 mpg on WLTP combined cycle

The Volkswagen Golf GTD is now available to UK customers, priced from £32,790 (RRP OTR). It follows the GTI and GTE models, which were also recently opened for order to British buyers. The diesel-powered newcomer is the most powerful Golf GTD to date. It offers the benefits of both high-performance and long range, with up to 600 miles available from a single tank of fuel, a top speed of 152 mph (where permitted) and a 0-62 mph sprint time of 7.1 seconds allied to strong in-gear acceleration.

The Golf GTD completes the GT-badged line-up of performance Golfs, complementing the ultra-low emissions GTE plug-in hybrid and iconic, high-performance petrol-engined GTI – the current performance champion of the Golf range. The flagship – the Golf R – will be unveiled next month.

The new arrival boasts a maximum torque figure of 400 Nm and, for the first time, 200 PS – up from 184 PS in the outgoing model. Top speed and acceleration figures are very close to those of the Golf GTI, helped by the standard-fit and quick-shifting 7-speed DSG transmission. However, the GTD’s key talent is in its fuel efficiency, range and low emissions – combined fuel economy of 51.4-54.3 mpg (WLTP) equates to a range of up to 600 miles from a single tank of fuel, while CO2 emissions of 137 g/km (WLTP) also help to keep the GTD’s running costs low. Nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions have been significantly reduced compared with the previous model, due to the introduction of two SCR catalytic converters with dual AdBlue injection.

Maintaining the high level of equipment offered across the rest of the Golf range, and the generous offering of the range-topping GTI and GTE models, the Golf GTD benefits from a dynamic styling pack with an illuminated front grille, uniquely styled bumpers and honeycomb-design LED front fog lights. The innovative and safety-conscious IQ.Light LED matrix headlights with advanced Dynamic Light Assist high-beam control system feature, while eye-catching 18-inch ‘Bakersfield’ alloy wheels mark the model’s significance as a high-performance car.

Keyless entry, 3Zone climate control and electrically heated, adjustable and foldable door mirrors with integrated puddle lights add to the convenience offered by the GTD, while interior features like front sports seats – finished in a grey version of the iconic Jacara cloth – further link the car to its GT-badged brethren. An aluminium gear-lever and heated, leather-wrapped multi-function sports steering wheel add to the high-specification, with paddle shifters enhancing the experience of the GTD’s standard-fit DSG transmission.

The GTD badge was introduced in 1982, when the Golf Mk I was bestowed with a turbocharged diesel engine – thereby starting the Golf’s symbiotic relationship with high-performance diesel power. The model offered high torque alongside low running costs to further increase the appeal of Volkswagen’s top-selling family hatchback. The Golf Mk II and Mk III were also given a GTD variant alongside the hallowed GTI, while the Mk IV and Mk V Golfs shifted to GT TDI badging. From the Golf Mk VI onwards the GTD was back, with the model contributing heavily to the seventh-generation Golf’s remarkable UK sales split, in which around one in three Golfs sold was a performance model. Now the GTD returns again, more powerful than ever before yet with fewer emissions.

More information on further Golf models, including the capacious Golf Estate and high-performance, four-wheel drive Golf R, will be released at a later date.

Dale Piper, Golf Product Manager at Volkswagen UK, said: “The Golf GTD is the third member of the Golf GT trio, each one featuring a different set of characteristics. The iconic, enthusiast-focused Golf GTI and the ultra-low emissions Golf GTE plug-in hybrid are now joined by the high-torque, high-performance GTD.

“The multi-award-winning new Golf family has options for everyone – petrol, diesel, mild hybrid, plug-in hybrid, performance petrol, and now performance diesel. With such a comprehensive powertrain line-up, it’s little surprise that the Golf is one of the UK’s top-selling cars, and with the GTD’s blend of performance and usability, the UK’s love affair with fast Golfs is set to continue.”

Golf GTD, GTI, GTE
    Name Price
    (RRP OTR)
    0-62 mph
    (seconds)
    Top speed
    (mph)
    MPG
    (WLTP, combined)
    CO2
    (g/km, WLTP)
    GTD £32,790 7.1 152 51.4-54.3 137-143
    GTI 6-spd manual £33,460 6.3 155 36.7-38.2 169-174
    GTI 7-spd DSG £34,960 6.3 155 37.2-38.2 168-174
    GTE £35,960 6.7 140 176.6 36
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Torque of the town: Volkswagen Golf GTD now open for order and more powerful than ever started by stuart View original post
  • VW Audi Forum Insurance

If you need new insurance or your renewal is due, and you are looking for a good deal then please try the
    VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• Recent Forum Posts

enoksen90

Re: Touran 2.0TDI BMN cranks, no start

Had the inlet pipe off, spins freely and no play of any kind I can hear a high pitch whining noise from the front of the engine when the ignition

enoksen90 Today, 03:12 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Changing brakes

With the choices I can see and the differences in prices, if you were my customer I would only be offering genuine as for £335 each from ECP and £396

Crasher Today, 12:59 PM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Adblue fault error + Engine light

You will need the tank with pump and controller plus engine ECU software update. You can see the pump pressure sensor has failed in the freeze frame data,

Crasher Today, 11:46 AM Go to last post
    Papereyes

Is VM a brand ? i thought it meant it was Vehicle manufacturer so it was VW group part.

Halfords are selling them and there doing a deal

Papereyes Today, 11:45 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

The front pads are new number 4M0 698 151 BK (£284.40 ) and the discs 4M0 615 301 AS (375X36MM 5/112) £396... each FFS! The choice of aftermarket

Crasher Today, 11:40 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Oil pressure warning CJCD

That isn't good, I know the sinking heart feeling too well, we have a Golf 6 GTI to do the same on next week and I am keeping everything crossed. There

Crasher Today, 11:23 AM Go to last post
    Papereyes

Thanks crasher

WAUZZZ4M8HD010419 - Audi Q7

Silly question but if the pads get low is there a warning light on the dash that

Papereyes Today, 11:22 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

What is the VIN?

Crasher Today, 11:18 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: how to clean your car?

I always start but blasting the car with the jet wash first, I don't habitually use caustic TFR as it can cause discolouration.

Crasher Today, 11:18 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Touran 2.0TDI BMN cranks, no start

Take the turbo compressor inlet pipe off and have a good grope (famle ) and wiggle of the compressor wheel and see if it turns freely.

Crasher Today, 11:15 AM Go to last post
    Papereyes

Think it's too things

1: you need to fill with a minimum of 5litres

2: if you overfilled apparently can impact the starting

Papereyes Today, 10:09 AM Go to last post
    Astr0man

Oh dear…is that even a thing!? :O might have to wrap it in bubble wrap next time

Astr0man Today, 10:04 AM Go to last post
    tede12

Re: Oil pressure warning CJCD

Finally got round to changing the oil pump and drive, made hardly any difference 😞
    Bosh oil filter + 5w30
    80 degrees
    Idle=

tede12 Yesterday, 06:45 PM Go to last post
    Papereyes

Changing brakes

So went to dealer who quoted 1.4k to change my rotors and pads for the front axle. (MY17 7 seater)

Been told I need to replace with the 375mm

Papereyes Yesterday, 05:18 PM Go to last post
    Papereyes

Was wondering if you overfilled it? Did that on mine and had to siphon some out in the end

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Papereyes Yesterday, 04:59 PM Go to last post

• Google Ads - One

• Google Ads - Two

• Google Ads - Three

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - Scania - MAN - Ducatti - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -