Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

• Efficient new e-Tec models introduce mild hybrid technology to new Octavia range

• New 1.0 TSI e-TEC mild hybrid (mHEV) joins the Octavia line-up
    • 110PS unit features 48-volt Li-ion battery and belt-driven starter-generator
    • Allows engine to shut down without compromising other systems
    • Available in two trims with prices from £23,005 OTR

The new fourth-generation Octavia range is set to expand again with the addition of a new, highly efficient 1.0 e-TEC engine. The new unit, which is equipped with a seven speed DSG gearbox as standard is the brandís first mHEV or mild hybrid powertrain and is available in two trim variants from £23,005 OTR.

At the heart of the e-TEC powertrain is a powerful 48-volt Li-ion battery and a combined belt-driven starter-alternator. The 48-volt system means that the new Octavia can coast with the engine completely switched off for extended periods, with the electric motor maintaining power to essential systems like the carís power steering. The mild hybrid system can also recover energy during braking and store it in the battery and support the combustion engine by providing it with an electric boost. A direct current converter (DC-DC) converts the voltage from the 48-volt battery to the 12 volts required for the vehicleís electrical system.

The e-TECís hybrid technology further enhances the efficiency of the Octaviaís 1.0 TSI engine. This 110PS three-cylinder unit is already packed with innovation and features a lightweight aluminium crankcase and pistons. The connecting rods are so well balanced that the engine doesnít require a balancing shaft as some three-cylinder engines do. It also features a turbocharger with variable vane geometry and operates using the fuel-efficient Miller cycle, in which the maximum torque is available 35 per cent earlier than in conventional processes. Coated cylinder liners increase the efficiency of both engines, while an injection pressure of up to 350 bar ensures lower hydraulic losses and a reduced fuel delivery rate. This saves on weight and helps to improve efficiency.

Customers can specify the new 1.0 TSI e-TEC engine on two trim levels: SE First Edition and the fleet-focussed SE Technology. Available in both hatch and estate forms, prices range from £23,005 OTR for the First Edition Hatch up to £24,235 OTR for the SE Technology Estate variant.

Highlighting äKODAís commitment to improving efficiency and reducing running costs for drivers, the new e-TEC model will be joined at a later date by an iV plug-in hybrid (PHEV) variant, which will also be available in sporty vRS iV form.
    Octavia e-TEC models will be open to order from 22 September.

Engine WLTP CO2 Combined (g/km) Recommended OTR BiK 2020/2021
    Octavia SE First Edition hatch
    1.0 TSI e-TEC 110PS DSG
    115 £23,005.00 26%
    Octavia SE First Edition Estate
    1.0 TSI e-TEC 110PS DSG
    118 £23,985.00 26%
    Octavia SE Technology hatch
    1.0 TSI e-TEC 110PS DSG
    115 £23,255.00 26%
    Octavia SE Technology estate
    -1.0 TSI e-TEC 110PS DSG
    118 £24,235.00 26%
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Efficient new e-Tec models introduce mild hybrid technology to new Octavia range started by stuart View original post
  • PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• VW Audi Forum Insurance

If you need new insurance or your renewal is due, and you are looking for a good deal then please try the
    VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• Amazon Credit

• Recent Forum Posts

mumutley

Re: Heater Core/Matrix pipe clips not working

Have you got a photo of the clips? (VAG use loads of different ones)

mumutley Yesterday, 11:37 PM Go to last post
    jmagee

Re: ACC and Audi Brake Guard Unavaliable.

I don't like the warning but the adaptive cruise is amazing.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

jmagee Yesterday, 11:02 PM Go to last post
    VAG-Abound

Re: 2.0 tdi 140 r32 bumper replacement

Isn't there a big, boxy bit missing from that?

VAG-Abound Yesterday, 10:51 PM Go to last post
    jayca4

Thanks pal I will do, never had cruise control so I donít miss it I just donít like having warning messages on the dash haha

Sent

jayca4 Yesterday, 10:23 PM Go to last post
    jmagee

The acc needs calibrating on my Passat. VW wanted £440... Had prices as low as £150 so worth looking around

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

jmagee Yesterday, 10:16 PM Go to last post
    jayca4

Cheers mate il look into it! I always thought Iíd just been a rough **** because those two plugs are so tight when you take the bumper off

jayca4 Yesterday, 09:53 PM Go to last post
    dean warren

When i brought mine it didnt work, i booked it into Audi and they set it up, however mine is faulty so need to sort that 1st.

dean warren Yesterday, 09:50 PM Go to last post
    keithnewsome

Re: Front end lighting ... LED lamps all round !

Well after almost a year since the last comment here ... Today was MOT day, thanks to .Gov for the extra six months, passed with flying colours ! No comments

keithnewsome Yesterday, 09:44 PM Go to last post
    jayca4

Really? I never knew that! Do you know how I go about doing that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayca4 Yesterday, 09:44 PM Go to last post
    dean warren

Yeah audi will need to recalibrate it if you had the bumper off.

dean warren Yesterday, 09:42 PM Go to last post
    mumutley

Golf Mk4 VR6 4Motion - CLIMAtronic - Just stopped working!!

Hi All,

Golf Mk4 VR6 4Motion - CLIMAtronic - Just stopped working!!

It just stopped working - I have checked all the fuses (end

mumutley Yesterday, 08:16 PM Go to last post
    Gmonster

Audi A6 C7 Boot Indicator flicking

I had the same error with an intermittent fault on both the indicator and the side light elements of the unit.

I agree that water ingress

Gmonster Yesterday, 07:47 PM Go to last post
    mumutley

Golf Mk4 VR6 4Motion - Oil Sensor Workshop - Yellow oil can - Message Displayed HELP Please

Hi All,

Well my wonderful Golf Mk4 VR6 4Motion 2003 year - decided to display on the clocks - 'Oil Sensor Workshop' - Yellow oil can and

mumutley Yesterday, 07:10 PM Go to last post
    jayca4

Re: My a6 wagon

Cheers mate both back arches need sorting from stone chips [emoji17] fuel isnít great round town but itís probably how I drive and traffic haha went to

jayca4 Yesterday, 06:38 PM Go to last post
    shabazmo

Knocking from the steering rack.

I serviced a friends 2012 VW Up last year at 94,000 miles. It has eng code CHYA and gearbox NZC. I mentioned that there was a knocking noise coming

shabazmo Yesterday, 06:33 PM Go to last post

• Google Ads - One

• Google Ads - Two

• Google Ads - Three

• Amazon Search

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - Scania - MAN - Ducatti - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -