Notices

• VW Audi Forum - The # 1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group

VW Audi Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Forum Dedicated to the whole Volkswagen (VW) Group of vehicles including Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

Topics covered include Volkswagen (VW) Group news & reviews, owners gallery, advice and general information on everything related to the Volkswagen group of vehicles

Including owners and enthusiats of Volkswagen (VW), Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche Motor vehicles, Scania and MAN Truck & Bus and Ducati Motorcycles.

• Uk's first batch of ID3 1st edition cars reaches British shores ahead of customer delivery

• Four years after the I.D. concept was shown, ID.3 arrives in the UK
    • Volkswagen’s third era – one of electrification – begins
    • Cars will be delivered to customers entirely carbon-neutral

A major milestone in Volkswagen’s latest chapter has been marked with the arrival of the ground-breaking Volkswagen ID.3 in the UK. The first shipment of customer cars – limited, ID.3 1ST Edition specification models – has reached British shores at port in Grimsby, ready to make its way to customers on the final stage of a journey which began on the production line in Zwickau, Germany.

Volkswagen’s electric future has now fully commenced in the UK, as the brand’s first purpose-built electric vehicle, the ID.3, arrives on British soil. This first batch of ID.3 1ST Edition models will now be transported to retailers across the country in preparation for handovers to customers later this month.

The ID.3 1ST Edition is generously equipped, featuring heated front seats, Natural Voice Control with ID. Light, navigation, Adaptive Cruise Control, Keyless entry and start, IQ. Light LED matrix headlights with Welcome Light, a bi-colour exterior, and 19-inch wheels. The ID.3 1ST Edition uses a 58 kWh (net capacity) battery and a 204 PS electric motor driving the rear wheels. It has a range of 261 miles (WLTP) and can rapid-charge at 100 kW, which can add 180 miles of range in as little as 30 minutes.

The ID.3 introduces a number of new features to the Volkswagen range, including a central airbag, which helps prevent collision between occupants in the event of a side impact. It also introduces ID. Light, a light strip which communicates visually with the driver to support the navigation, phone, driver assistance and other functions. Furthermore the ID.3 features the acclaimed Car2X system first introduced on the Golf, which allows the car to communicate information to other Car2X-equipped road vehicles in the vicinity. It can highlight dangers and give advance warning of hazards for improved safety.

Built on the MEB (Modular Electric Drive Matrix) platform, the ID.3 has a modular battery pack design, meaning different battery capacities can be ordered on the upcoming ID.3 series range, with customers able to opt for different ranges based on their requirements. The flexible MEB platform can accommodate numerous body styles – indeed, an entire family of ID. models will launch over the next few years, the first being the ID.4 SUV which is due to be unveiled this month. It is anticipated that by 2025 at least 1.5 million electric Volkswagens will be sold annually across the world.

The ID.3 is carbon-neutral up to the point of handover to the customer, including the production of its batteries, and this carbon neutrality continues into the model’s life if the owner chooses to charge the model using green or renewable electricity. Each ID.3 1ST Edition comes with a pre-loaded We Charge card, which provides up to one year of free charging, equivalent to 2,000 kWh or £500. This can be used at 150,000 charging stations across Europe, including the IONITY charging network, which provides renewable energy dispensed via rapid chargers.

Andrew Savvas, Managing Director at Volkswagen UK, enthused: “The moment we’ve been waiting for is here – the ID.3 has officially arrived in the UK. This milestone represents the dawn of a new mobility era for Volkswagen after the success of the Beetle – and ongoing success of the Golf – with the aim of providing accessible electric mobility for millions, not just millionaires. The ID.3 is also our first carbon-neutral car, as well as being an all-round, game-changing electric vehicle, so this moment is especially rewarding. Put simply, it signposts the sustainable future of Volkswagen.

“I can’t wait to see these first ID.3 cars out on the road, after customers collect them from retailers later this month. This is only the beginning, however, with the series versions of the ID.3 incoming, and the ID.4 on its way. The future is now.”
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Uk's first batch of ID3 1st edition cars reaches British shores ahead of customer delivery started by stuart View original post
  • PayPal Donation

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to help pay for hosting service, and on improving the website and facilities for members. If you would like to make a donation, please enter your amount and follow the PayPal link.

• VW Audi Forum Insurance

If you need new insurance or your renewal is due, and you are looking for a good deal then please try the
    VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme with Chris Knott Insurance

• Amazon Credit

• Recent Forum Posts

AndyKerns

Re: How to stop slugs coming in back door at night? (Serious question)

I agree, electricity is a very effective way of deterring slugs and other forms of pests.

AndyKerns Today, 11:23 AM Go to last post
    AndyKerns

Re: Fuel Pump 10 bar or 120bar that is the question

Yeah, more details about your ride would obviously help us determine the cause of the problem.

AndyKerns Today, 11:22 AM Go to last post
    AndyKerns

Re: Face masks...

I don't know, I'd rather buy from well-trusted purveyors.

AndyKerns Today, 11:21 AM Go to last post
    VAG-Abound

Re: Assistance Required Window Regulator.

Sounds like when the plastic lifter clips broke on our Touran, which in turn was caused by a frayed wire jamming part of the mechanism up. it finally

VAG-Abound Today, 10:38 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Failed mechanism cable. Part number 8E0 837 462 C, £117.23 inc VAT from an Audi dealer. Cheap aftermarket ones are rubbish, they don't last but some are

Crasher Today, 10:24 AM Go to last post
    B7 man

Thank you for the reply Paul. The main problem I have is broken bones in the spine. This limits what I can do and also what I can lift. I’m guessing

B7 man Today, 10:18 AM Go to last post
    VAG-Abound

Re: Sourcing - OYSTER GREY LZ7Q

May as go well go straight to dealer. I think it was £10 or so a can when I needed to spray up a new wing mirror cap.

VAG-Abound Today, 10:00 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Sourcing - OYSTER GREY LZ7Q

Audi dealer, part number LST 0M2 Z7Q £13.32 retail inc VAT

Crasher Today, 09:34 AM Go to last post
    Crasher

Re: Golf 8 Software Updates

This could perhaps end up being the longest thread on this forum.

Crasher Today, 08:54 AM Go to last post
    Handydave

Re: Purchased a 1.5 Life

Thanks for the update, John.

Our 1.5 DSG eTSI (again, my wife’s) has now covered over 800 miles from new in mixed driving - mostly urban

Handydave Today, 06:35 AM Go to last post
    audikid

Sourcing - OYSTER GREY LZ7Q

Hi

Anyone know of where I could get an aerosol of Oyster Grey LZ7Q base coat.

South Wales etc other than flea bay

audikid Yesterday, 11:08 PM Go to last post
    johnsimcox

Re: Purchased a 1.5 Life

Because of the current restrictions on our lives, plus the Golf being my wife’s car and we tend to use my car for major journeys (when we take them!)

johnsimcox Yesterday, 10:47 PM Go to last post
    pdlh

Just an added thought, have you checked the wiring loom in the A pillar, which goes to the door. It's a known A4 nightmare, where there are something

pdlh Yesterday, 08:39 PM Go to last post
    balllover

Re: Face masks...

such a good idea with good intentions. will tell some of my friends

balllover Yesterday, 08:39 PM Go to last post
    pdlh

So this is not going to help you much, but without being able to bend, I see your challenge. I've changed a front drivers and a rear passenger regulator

pdlh Yesterday, 08:35 PM Go to last post

• Amazon - Prime

>

• Amazon Business

• Amazon - Video

• Amazon Search

Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.

VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.

Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.

All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration

PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.

This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.

- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - Scania - MAN - Ducatti - VW Audi Forum -

- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -