PDA

View Full Version : 2.7tdi sline avant feedback

Ardy
04-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Just thought that while i was looking around for info at the time of research i would really like to have seen more real life feedback (not just mag reviews etc) so sorry if its a bit boring but....

Had for 8 days, just 500 miles so far.

Drive: So smooth, both the gearbox and that V6. Quiet, effortless acceleration and seems the harder you push on the smoother it gets, don’t think I’ve been over 2.500 revs yet and I have had all I need so can’t wait till the engine is settled in.Just pootle around at 1000 most of the time. Have not really played with the flappy paddles yet, probably wait till the engine beds in a bit more. (1500k app?) Feels much more solid in corners than the B7 did but maybe that was my lack of maintenance!

Aesthetics: Very happy with the sline ‘stance’, looks great – was a bit concerned the standard black wouldn’t make the most of the shape but with the sline wheels I think it looks spot on.

Seats are lovely in the full Milano, I would have gone for the alacantra if I wasn’t so messy thoJ. Black inlays and roof lining all fit together nicely with their different levels of black.

Still not 2 cup holders the same size! – B7 only had one mind so it’s getting there hehe.

Only thing reg interior I’m not into is that plastic around the gear stick and the mmi interface, but this is made up for many times in other areas in my opinion. Dials feel solid enough and mainly using the wheel controls anyway. Really appreciating the extra space in the back – Mrs gets loads of leg room even with the child seat behind her. (shes 6ft)

Equipment: B&O well worth it, hasn’t struggled with anything thrown at it so far – really top quality sound. Electric tailgate and advanced key, proving to be very very useful. DAB –a little disappointed with reception but I’m yet to have a proper fiddle with it so could be a setup issue. Aircon seems very effective. Auto handbrake, something to get used to.

Economy: Currently 85% town driving and on 30mpg by computer, better than my last but nowhere near what I’d like and I have not been pushing it at all so I hope to see this improve over time. If anyone has any comments on this I’d be interested to hear. Did one long(ish) run to border and back and got 40mpg which I’m fairly happy with as it was twisty single lane stuff.

Cant think of much else right now

Pics after the weekend – decided I should clean her first!

Very Happy overall - just looking forward to a nice long drive in a few weeks to go campin. Brighton sounds about right heh.

pitch3110
05-06-2010, 05:38 PM
The flappy's when mastered and great fun and puts some man/machine back to an auto.

My 2.0 feels smooth so the 2.7 must be a dream and I would have loved one, but with a 230bhp Edition 30 Golf GTI in the garage wifey would not buy the 'more power needed' story.

Enjoy

Pitch

golfgt140
06-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Ardy,

Health to enjoy! Don't delay with those pics!

You should get much better mpg on your long run.

I agree with all your points- though I love the cup holders- the first car that can hold a red bull safely!