PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

anniesgrandad
03-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Just thought I would post a bad luck story - always helps me reading about some other silly buggers getting it wrong again. Last month I decided that my old 1964 Mk 2 Jag was getting a bit of a handful (i'm getting on a bit now!) so I "swapped" it from a chap who had an A4 cab mulittronic on an 03 plate. After a few miles it smelt of burning oil and there was transmission fulid on the driveway. I took it to the Audi dealership and they had it up on the ramp. I did try conversing with them like humans but they seemed in some sort odd state of either denial or ignorance- difficult to say which really. I just got the feeling that they knew something about this problem but wern't saying. Since finally negotiating my way around this forum (i am old and thanks to this car officially stupid, don't forget ) it seems that Audi have been selling these cars for a while now and (this one is a 3 litre ) they wont work for even the paltry 40K that mine has done without the box distroying itself. P.S. the autobox in the old jag is a DG (Detroit Gear) and must have been designed sometine in the fifties worked fine. This car makes me understand why I now enjoy the television series Grumpy old men. I think we should block up the eurotunnel with ZF multitronic gearboxes. finished raving now- Gonna ring BP and tell them we are going to need more oil - all thanks to so called German engineering. No wonder they lost the war.

kite
03-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Multicronic strikes again.....
Welcome to the forum..