PDA

View Full Version : A fishwife from Devon...

staceface
03-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Hey there!
My name is Stace and I live in Devon. Always loved my V.A.G.s and i currently own 3 golfs, although 2 are for sale. :(
My daily is my mk3 golf VR6, which as with all cars.... is a working progress.
Hope to meet some new people on here and maybe see some of you at shows around the country from time to time :)

staceface
07-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Well, was hoping someone might have said hello back, but never mind. Without sounding too mardy... can't really run a forum and try to attract new people if you dont welcome them to it.

MalcQV
07-06-2010, 08:23 AM
I do appologise :o Welcome :beerchug:

Eshrules
07-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Well, was hoping someone might have said hello back, but never mind. Without sounding too mardy... can't really run a forum and try to attract new people if you dont welcome them to it.

thanks for the tip - the forum seems to be doing just fine though, perhaps through some divine intervention? Or maybe it's just a good forum? Who knows :confused:

staceface
07-06-2010, 01:09 PM
It could well be a good forum, but people need to interact with new people to build the forum further. I'm sorry if this comes across narky but this is the first forum i have joined where there has been so little interaction and welcome. :(

Eshrules
07-06-2010, 01:18 PM
It could well be a good forum, but people need to interact with new people to build the forum further. I'm sorry if this comes across narky but this is the first forum i have joined where there has been so little interaction and welcome. :(

go on then, I'm curious now, what other forums are you a member of?

staceface
07-06-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm not quite sure why you seem to be so annoyed at what i have said, i was just telling you my views, however...

Volksgirls
VR6OC
Lowdown VW
Volksaction
Club GTI
MK2 OC
Volkszone

and a couple others. I have been out of the forum scene for quite a while due to lack of internet and thought i would see what other forums are about.

Eshrules
07-06-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm not quite sure why you seem to be so annoyed at what i have said, i was just telling you my views, however...

Volksgirls
VR6OC
Lowdown VW
Volksaction
Club GTI
MK2 OC
Volkszone

and a couple others. I have been out of the forum scene for quite a while due to lack of internet and thought i would see what other forums are about.

annoyed? only slightly, the last question was out of genuine curiosity :)

I'm naturally defensive of the forum - we seem to do well and you can't always judge a forum on it's welcome threads, we've got a very active community, take a look in the general chat section - loads of current topics to get involved in :)

Sam
07-06-2010, 01:59 PM

Read it again yourself from the point of view of people who have been here from practically the start and worked to get the forum to the stage it is at now.

Maybe then you'll see why some people might be annoyed.

Welcome to VWAF.

staceface
07-06-2010, 02:16 PM
I can understand your views and know the hard work that goes into a forum, so i am sorry for offending. I can see the forum is quite active so this is why i was a little suprised.
Sorry again

zollaf
07-06-2010, 02:25 PM
hi stace, must have missed your introduction!, possibly something to do with feeling like im sitting in an oven. very strange though, as usually when a lady with a vw appears, theres an unusual amount of welcomes for some reason :D.
never have been able to work that one out.

staceface
07-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Haha, perhaps thats because you usually find females driving lovely little spaxo's or pugs? Girls and VW = minority. :(
Thanks for the welcome. :)

zollaf
07-06-2010, 03:46 PM
i think it has more to do with the fact its a girl, on a predominantly male forum (i know theres quite a few females on here), and the term red rag to a bull comes to term :D.
you are right though, not many females drive vw's.

Sam
07-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Zero to leg humping in 4 or 5 posts is the norm.

Perhaps the "fishwife" bit in the title put off the leg humpers?

staceface
07-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Haha perhaps. Although its kind of a saying with Devon I think. Just for the record... I don't smell of fish. :)
It is a shame there arent more girls into the dub scene. There aren't really any in my area :(
Hopefully sold one of my golfs today. Will be sad to see her go, but my debt wont!

fourringsrus
07-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Well fishy or not ,female or not I would love to say hi and welcome to a great forum,keep posting and sharing info/opinions etc and you'll soon see that this is a smashing place to kill time and have a giggle with some very knowledgeable and fun characters

Stuart

staceface
07-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Thankies. I will do my best to get stuck in :)

phil miller
07-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Haha perhaps. Although its kind of a saying with Devon I think. Just for the record... I don't smell of fish. :)
!

ha ha ha ha ive never known a woman say they dont smell of fish so soon after meeting them lol

hiya and welcome from another Devonian, not that far away from you

staceface
07-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Well as it was pointed out that the title of my post probably wasn't the best i thought i would just point that out lol.

Where are you from then Mr Miller?

phil miller
07-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Well as it was pointed out that the title of my post probably wasn't the best i thought i would just point that out lol.

Where are you from then Mr Miller?

well i spent the first 24 yrs of my life in Chagford (and most sat night throwing up outside ye olde cider bar in your good town) then i moved to a village near tavistock, i lived in plymouth for a few years (had to move out as there football team is crap lol)

so do you live in the posh part of newton?

staceface
08-06-2010, 10:06 AM
well i spent the first 24 yrs of my life in Chagford (and most sat night throwing up outside ye olde cider bar in your good town) then i moved to a village near tavistock, i lived in plymouth for a few years (had to move out as there football team is crap lol)

so do you live in the posh part of newton?

That didnt quite clarify where you live now... lol... Ye Olde Cider Bar is my local haha. I spend pretty much every weekend there, and i have only ever thrown up once there, controlled and in the toilet :)

Define posh part of Newton... I live in Highweek if that helps?

phil miller
08-06-2010, 12:54 PM
That didnt quite clarify where you live now... lol... Ye Olde Cider Bar is my local haha. I spend pretty much every weekend there, and i have only ever thrown up once there, controlled and in the toilet :)

Define posh part of Newton... I live in Highweek if that helps?

defo the posh part then is there still a toyota dealer in highweek? i live in mary tavy near tavistock, is the floor still sticky in ye olde cider bar?

staceface
08-06-2010, 01:15 PM
defo the posh part then is there still a toyota dealer in highweek? i live in mary tavy near tavistock, is the floor still sticky in ye olde cider bar?

Haha yeh they still have the garage there. I'm not too keen on the people who live in highweek as they all seem way too far up their own...
But i'm not there all that much anymore as i also live on Haldon... No not the pikey camp lol.

Cider Bar doesnt generally have a sticky floor although i avoid the inside and stay outside most of the time!

phil miller
08-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Haha yeh they still have the garage there. I'm not too keen on the people who live in highweek as they all seem way too far up their own...
But i'm not there all that much anymore as i also live on Haldon... No not the pikey camp lol.

Cider Bar doesnt generally have a sticky floor although i avoid the inside and stay outside most of the time!

i thought apart from the race course the only other thing up there was the pikey camp :p lol

staceface
08-06-2010, 04:55 PM
i thought apart from the race course the only other thing up there was the pikey camp :p lol

Why thank you squire.... Haldon Cafe has chalets behind it. I live in one of those. so :approve:
Oh and the 'Toyota' garage in Highweek isn't Toyota anymore. It is Proton.
Not sure which is worst tbh!

phil miller
08-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Why thank you squire.... Haldon Cafe has chalets behind it. I live in one of those. so :approve:
Oh and the 'Toyota' garage in Highweek isn't Toyota anymore. It is Proton.
Not sure which is worst tbh!

proton is getting better lol, shame they dont have modified mania at the race course anymore, it was a great venue, better than smethorpe imho, is the devon motor show on this year at newton race course?

staceface
08-06-2010, 06:54 PM
proton is getting better lol, shame they dont have modified mania at the race course anymore, it was a great venue, better than smethorpe imho, is the devon motor show on this year at newton race course?

South West Motor Show isn't too bad. I have done it the last 2 years running. Last year i took a splitty in which was pretty cool. However strangley enough i have heard that this year it has been cancelled. Who knows. I dont really have much of a 'club' left anymore so none of us are really that bothered. :(

phil miller
08-06-2010, 06:59 PM
i was there last year with my V6 mk3 astra cab, it was good but not as busy as it could have been, but then again the week before i was at PVS at santa pod and there was 20,000 people attented over the weekend, should of put a forsale in the cab that weekend:( i know that street stylers didnt go to mod mania last year due to the venue change

staceface
08-06-2010, 07:22 PM
i was there last year with my V6 mk3 astra cab, it was good but not as busy as it could have been, but then again the week before i was at PVS at santa pod and there was 20,000 people attented over the weekend, should of put a forsale in the cab that weekend:( i know that street stylers didnt go to mod mania last year due to the venue change

Not much of a street stylerz fan tbh. They go a bit OTT for my liking but hey ho.
Well if you went last year, then did you see a lime green splitty camper? Or are you talking about mod mania?
Sacrilage to say, but i've never been to Santo Pod :(

phil miller
08-06-2010, 07:27 PM
santa pod is amazing i went up on the friday and camped on site and came back sunday, a petrol head heaven, i went to both in devon last year showing with mk3oc (astra mk3 owners club) i think i saw it, i defo remember seeing that jacked up hi lux with the boat behind it

staceface
09-06-2010, 08:07 AM
I didnt actually walk around last year. I felt pretty damn ill and those of my lot who walked around said there was nothing particulalry amazing anyways! Feel like i am falling out of the show loop this year :(

tdigirl
10-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi, I am new to the site too, Lucky girl owning 3 golfs, I love my golf.
Welcome,
Rachel

staceface
10-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks lovey :)
I wouldnt call it lucky. I'm not lucky with cars and always end up spending a fortune on them :(

Looks like the mk2 is being sold today... 1 down 1 to go. Anyone want a mk3 golf GTI lol