PDA

View Full Version : Speech Dialogue System

Hippogriff
02-06-2010, 12:09 AM
I arrived at my destination a little early today, so instead of getting down to productive work straight away, I decided to sit in the car park and have a play with training the Speech Dialogue System by repeating the 40 phrases it gives you.

Imagine my surprise to hear it ask me to repeat such things as:

"next track"
"previous track"
"memory card 2"

Great! I thought to myself, I didn't realise commands like that could be used. I had thought nothing worked in the Media screen via voice commands. Obviously it must if the Speech Dialogue System is asking me to repeat these phrases in training.

Nah!

You can't use these commands in Media. I have no idea why they're part of the training programme but it smells of an oversight... again. Well done Audi!

Oh yeah, after training, the car now doesn't seem to want to accept numbers for telephone calls as readily as it used to, so the 'training' might be hit-and-miss. I might reset it tomorrow.

Has anyone else bothered 'training' the car, and have the results been any good?

With every day that passes, I'm just that little more disappointed in my second A4.

TTQC180Canada
02-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Too funny. I did this a few months ago when arriving at the airport early. I too was surprised at the Next Track etc commands yet as you stated they didn't work.

I can't say I find the system understands me any better but I am learning to work with it.

The one item I find odd is that it will ask me to spell a street if I get it wrong 1-2 times but I can't simple say "spell street" That would make things much easier.

I'm told the new system in the A8 is light years ahead in regards to voice commands, and everything else I'm sure.

Try doing another training session and speak as normal as possible. I found myself trying to announce the phrases as the system does.

Good luck

P

AndyH123
02-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Pardon?

Hippogriff
03-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Cancel!

A1287210
03-06-2010, 08:54 AM
"Next thread"

AndyH123