PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 TFSI QUATTRO jerking during acceleration

staggie75
01-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi All,
Just had my 09 2.0 TFSI QUATTRO for just over a month now. I have noticed under hard acceleration in 2,3 & 4th, my car seems jerky, giving the feeling the car is struggling to accelerate. The car has 20k on the clock. Wondering if the tyres are affecting this, or is there fault with the "quattro". On the front the dealer has 2 cheap tyres which are new & on the back has 2mm left of the original bridgestones. All even wear. Gonna replace all the tyres at the weekend (recommendations gratefully received, planning michelen's). Anyone had this fault / feeling ? again any advice before i bring back to audi dealer !

Big Bird
01-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Interesting- mine feels the same and it's been bothering me a little since i got it, but not enough to moan!!! IT's still quick, but it feels like its got some flat spots under hard acceleration- i guess your's feels the same?? Interested to know other owners views too.......

nickhx
02-06-2010, 09:04 AM
I had this as well on my 2.0 TDI - turned out it was a faulty exhaust manifold flap in the engine, which was starving the engine of oxygen under heavy acceleration...

lozzermo
03-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I have something similar, but intermittent and only from cold start & worse over the winter. 5 mins and it usually clears. I've never experienced this on any car before so has taken the shine off of the ownership.

Been in a few times but dealer can't find a fault. Going in again on Saturday so I will mention the exhaust manifold....