PDA

View Full Version : Hello All - A3 Help Needed

madmover
01-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Hello all just signed up seems like ive got alot of reading to do!! looking to pay around £1800 for a A3 1.6 about 1997ish anything i need to look out for? should i stay clear of cars at about 90'000ish miles with full service history or cam belt and clutch changed and look for newer lower milage models? i cant afford to spend anymore as ive just lost 1700 on a MG ZR, cam belt snapped after just 30k and threw a conrod through the block so its value went down to about £400!! any help and advice is more than welcome :) - Andy

Crasher
01-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Those particular cars are notorious for the failure of their gearbox, just Google “DUU+AUDI” and see what I mean. DUU is the typical gearbox code for the 02K series box used in that car. Other than that yes there are many things to look out for and far too many to list. You should have your prospective purchased HPI checked (don’t ignore this even on a car of that age) and take someone with you who knows about cars. An A3 of that age could potentially be an absolute money pit so be very careful.