PDA

View Full Version : 6k HID Kit Fitting!

Puresilk
01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
I have just ordered some 6000k Hids from Hids Direct and they do a kit for Audi where you dont get the bulb blown symbol and other errors on the dash, and the bulbs have the metal base clips (rather then the plastic ones which dont fit properly for 74 Quid delivered)!

Now im just thinking where do you fit the ballasts?

As i dont want to remove the bumper and space is limited to get a good decent fit somewhere under the bonnet!

Anyone fitted these kits without taking off the bumper?

Advice appreciated

Ben
01-06-2010, 09:01 PM
good question.

I only have experience by removing the bumper.

Sooty (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=28293) has fitted some though.

STAGMAN
05-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Depends on the type of ballast supplied. If you have slimline ballasts they will tuck in behind things. I fitted a slimline kit to an A3 recently and taped them to the battery box and behind the screenwash bottle. You don't have this option with the large ballasts often supplied. I would temporarily wire it in without mounting all the parts and check that the bulb failure canceller actually works, as many don't on recent Audi's.

Puresilk
06-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Stagman

I got the larger ballasts and managed to fit the left side easily i fixed it under the wash bottle there is some metal there.

but the right side was difficult, i have sinc sent them back and gone for the slimline and see if i can tuck them nicely.