PDA

View Full Version : First thoughts..

NickH A4
01-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Well after having my A4 avant s line delivered on Friday morning I thought I'd share my first impressions with you

Appearance:
Great presence on the road, the DRLs are fab and the lowered suspension makes the car very purposeful ;)

Colour:
Lava grey really is gorgeous:biglaugh:

Handling:
Went for the 30mm with the 18 inch wheels, have found it grips very well and corners well too. Not too crashy but then again I also have a VX220 Turbo and every pot hole feels like the suspension is coming up through the arches!

Power:
I have the 170 and I have to say I'm very impressed but I do find myself cruising considerably more than I would do normally, it makes me want to enjoy just sitting there and taking everything in my stride.

Interior:
The s line seat are very comfortable and the memory settings on the seats are great as Mrs H is considerably more petite and constantly changing the positions in other car drives me mad. The build quality is very nice and everything feels very well thought through, even the offset pedals are easy to get used to. The B&O with DAB really is very nice.

Overall:
Very impressed, great car and really glad I have it. Fab!

Nick

certacito
01-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Sounds fantastic, sadly it also makes the end of July seem like a lifetime away.

I changed mine to the 170 from the 143 at the last minute, have you driven both? If you have is there a noticeable difference?

NickH A4
02-06-2010, 07:32 AM
No I haven't driven both but the 170 picks up very well so you'll be pleased you've changed and don't worry July will be here before you know it :beerchug:

greeng4309
02-06-2010, 02:44 PM
I changed mine to the 170 from the 143 at the last minute, have you driven both? If you have is there a noticeable difference?
Test drove the 143, before opting for the 170. Not much difference until you get into 4th gear, then wow the car takes off.

I'm not that impressed with the 170 low gear performance, compared to my old 320d 3 series. The beemer (appears) to be much faster in 1st and 2nd, but the Audi has a better high gear performance.