PDA

View Full Version : Another new member

bruboy
31-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Hello All

I've been reading around these forums for a few weeks and found all the information very useful so firstly - thank you!

Secondly, I've just ordered a shiny new B8. Spec is:

S4 Avant STronic
Quartz Grey
Folding mirrors
Rear airbags
Music interface
Parking system plus
Privacy glass
19" 7 arm double spoke alloys
Sound pack (B&O & DAB)
Quattro sports diff
Tyre pressure monitoring
Storage pack
Drive select
Dynamic steering
Damper control
Symphony radio
Leather/Alcantara (have this on my A3 - less sweaty than leather IMHO)

I am v. v. excited but...

Thirdly, a question: the car is through company contract hire so I don't have direct dealings with an Audi dealer. It was ordered at the end of May and they are quoting an expected delivery date of early to mid Novemeber - does that sound likely?? I thought that lead times of around 14 weeks were typical at the moment so around mid September? Any thoughts on that would be welcomed!

TIA

bruboy

onemanparty
31-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Hello All

I've been reading around these forums for a few weeks and found all the information very useful so firstly - thank you!

Secondly, I've just ordered a shiny new B8. Spec is:

S4 Avant STronic
Quartz Grey
Folding mirrors
Rear airbags
Music interface
Parking system plus
Privacy glass
19" 7 arm double spoke alloys
Sound pack (B&O & DAB)
Quattro sports diff
Tyre pressure monitoring
Storage pack
Drive select
Dynamic steering
Damper control
Symphony radio
Leather/Alcantara (have this on my A3 - less sweaty than leather IMHO)

I am v. v. excited but...

Thirdly, a question: the car is through company contract hire so I don't have direct dealings with an Audi dealer. It was ordered at the end of May and they are quoting an expected delivery date of early to mid Novemeber - does that sound likely?? I thought that lead times of around 14 weeks were typical at the moment so around mid September? Any thoughts on that would be welcomed!

TIA

bruboy

First of all nice car :beerchug:

Questions for you

1. What Leasing company are you using
2. Has the order been placed with the factory i.e. do you have a comms number
3. Go into a dealer and ask for their leadtime which should only be 12 to 14 weeks

bruboy
31-05-2010, 08:55 PM
First of all nice car :beerchug:

Questions for you

1. What Leasing company are you using
2. Has the order been placed with the factory i.e. do you have a comms number
3. Go into a dealer and ask for their leadtime which should only be 12 to 14 weeks

1 - The company uses Lex
2 - I couldn't say for certain but definately no comms number
3 - I know this is around 14 weeks

onemanparty
31-05-2010, 09:11 PM
1 - The company uses Lex
2 - I couldn't say for certain but definately no comms number
3 - I know this is around 14 weeks

I would ask for your comms number if you have one your car has been order if not well why haven't they - Lex do have a preferred group of dealers they use and maybe that dealer has run out of allocation until November :confused:

Can you nominate a dealer at your company?

bruboy
01-06-2010, 01:46 PM
I would ask for your comms number if you have one your car has been order if not well why haven't they - Lex do have a preferred group of dealers they use and maybe that dealer has run out of allocation until November :confused:

Can you nominate a dealer at your company?

They have given me the comms number so I guess that means it is with the factory?

If I put it up here is it possible/safe to let somebody check it for me?

Bratty
01-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Best not disclose it!! Just Phone the AUDI Helpline and give them your number and they will advise you of any info that is available.

You will need to be aware of the factory codes to check your spec!

Excellent specced car:beerchug:.

Dunk

bruboy
01-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Best not disclose it!! Just Phone the AUDI Helpline and give them your number and they will advise you of any info that is available.

You will need to be aware of the factory codes to check your spec!

Dunk

Called Audi UK but they have no record of the number. I'm not sure how these things work - can a dealer get a number and then sit on it or does it mean that things are actually moving along?

I'm hassling Lex some more to try and find out - I guess this is a downside to not actually having an Audi dealer to direct my hassling at!

bruboy
04-06-2010, 11:30 AM
It seems that the original delivery date of November was cobblers.

I managed to get hold of the Audi dealer directly who have told me it has a provisional build week of 28 and should be with them mid-August :)

Bratty
04-06-2010, 11:55 AM
As I found to my cost the AUDI ordering process is flawed ie. the dealerships are the weak link in some cases (not always but most!). The Order Sheet from the dealership that you can request once your deposit is payed is, to be quite honest absolutely fricking worthless, and not until you receive your "COMMISSION NUMBER" does the process of checking your order make ANY sense!

For piece of mind, my advice is no matter what the dealership says- double check with the AUDI helpline, it might be to late to do anything about it but at least you are prepared (As my dealership found to there cost).

It is quite sad that you can spend (a hell of) a lot of money and just at the last moment when you want to pick up your car as contracted, your legs are kicked out from under your body, leaving you soured to the prospect of picking up what was one of your dreams

Hope my perspective is pessimistic and that your deal goes as planned.

Dunk

Geordie Amanda
04-06-2010, 01:21 PM
I hate to say it, but the BMW order process is far superior. I ordered my current 123D, spec’d it up to Christmas tree standard and was given a ‘build day’! (not week) within 24 hours. The car was put in a slot the dealer had pre allocated, so they knew when it would be built and the total ‘order to drive away from the dealers’ time, was less than 3 weeks. Very, very impressed.

bruboy
04-06-2010, 01:25 PM
An aside - Bratty do you have any pics?

Bratty
04-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Off What!!?!! My dealership probs? Or me personally!

Incoming!! Dunk

bruboy
04-06-2010, 01:32 PM

Incoming!! Dunk

LOL I'll settle for pics of the car :)

bruboy
04-06-2010, 01:34 PM
As I found to my cost the AUDI ordering process is flawed ie. the dealerships are the weak link in some cases (not always but most!). The Order Sheet from the dealership that you can request once your deposit is payed is, to be quite honest absolutely fricking worthless, and not until you receive your "COMMISSION NUMBER" does the process of checking your order make ANY sense!

For piece of mind, my advice is no matter what the dealership says- double check with the AUDI helpline, it might be to late to do anything about it but at least you are prepared (As my dealership found to there cost).

It is quite sad that you can spend (a hell of) a lot of money and just at the last moment when you want to pick up your car as contracted, your legs are kicked out from under your body, leaving you soured to the prospect of picking up what was one of your dreams

Hope my perspective is pessimistic and that your deal goes as planned.

Dunk

Called Audi UK and they have confirmed that the provisional build week is 28. Is it likely to change much from that? A week or two later worst case or am I being too optimistic?!

Bratty
04-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Phew!! I thought you were trying to groom me!!;).

Good luck with the order but do not believe a word that the dealership says, always check!

I like my car but it came to the point at the time of pick-up where my attitude was ******! Walk away! Yes the order process was THAT unproffessionaly bad:confused:.

Dunk

bruboy
05-06-2010, 10:37 PM

Incoming!! Dunk

Pics pretty please :)

Bratty
06-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Best I could manage was to get a pic on my Avatar, still trying to get a grip of how to post pics (read the help section!! and hopefully I will be able to post pics soon).

Quartz Grey is a good choice :beerchug: because my car at the moment is minging!! covered in dust and bird-poo and dispite that it still looks the Dogs B´s.

Dunk

MFGF
09-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Best I could manage was to get a pic on my Avatar, still trying to get a grip of how to post pics (read the help section!! and hopefully I will be able to post pics soon).

Just sign up to Photobucket.com (it's completely free) and upload your pics onto there. Once done, copy the IMG Code for each picture, and simply paste into your message on VWAudiforum. Simples! :D

Bratty
09-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Will try :beerchug:, just scared of the security aspect! See I do not really want anything to do with facebook! (for instance).

Thanks button did not work??

Dunk

MFGF
09-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Will try :beerchug:, just scared of the security aspect! See I do not really want anything to do with facebook! (for instance).

Thanks button did not work??

Dunk

You don't need to add any personal details - just upload the pics you want to share.

Thanks for trying the Rep button - it's the thought that counts! :beerchug:

Bratty
10-06-2010, 11:59 AM
V. Dirty car!!

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx277/gudgin/camera028.jpg

Dunk

bruboy
10-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks Batty - nice :approve:

Bratty
11-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Another Dirty Pic

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx277/gudgin/camera027.jpg

(got some cleaned car ones but just trying to get a grip of Photobucket!)

Dunk

Bratty
12-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Cleanish one, but it does not really look any different:confused:.

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx277/gudgin/DSC00806.jpg

Dunk

Bratty
13-06-2010, 06:16 AM
I do not know nothing about fotogrofy (or speeling) but last year PORSCHE borrowed our hangar for there brochure photo shoot, obviously I was interested because they were mostly "first sight" next years models, but what got me, was it seemed so pretentious. Two days to take a hand full of fots:confused:. How hard is it!

Dunk

bruboy
12-07-2010, 10:13 PM
The build week moved out to 29 then 30 now back to 29 'confirmed'. No biggie but different people at Audi (UK cust serv & dealership) seem to be uncertain exactly which week is what! Can somebody tell me what the guys in Germany consider week 29 to be?!

TIA

BB

certacito
12-07-2010, 11:14 PM
The build week moved out to 29 then 30 now back to 29 'confirmed'. No biggie but different people at Audi (UK cust serv & dealership) seem to be uncertain exactly which week is what! Can somebody tell me what the guys in Germany consider week 29 to be?!

TIA

BB

Mines is build week 28 which is the 12th July apparently. Edited as I've just realisd my car is now in it's build week :beerchug:

So I fly out to Florida tomorrow whilst my car creeps along the production line :D

I've told them to keep it until the 1st Sep now so that it get's a brand new shiny '60 plate.

Not sure I can bear the extra few weeks especially as I'll know it's sitting at the dealers waiting for me.

bruboy
13-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Outlook claims week 29 is this week (the 12th July) - perhaps the Germans use some kind of ISO/EU standard instead?!

I'm not sure whether I will be waiting for the 1st Sep as it's a company car so the residuals aren't important to me. Will probably just get it asap...

dan172
13-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Outlook claims week 29 is this week (the 12th July) - perhaps the Germans use some kind of ISO/EU standard instead?!

I'm not sure whether I will be waiting for the 1st Sep as it's a company car so the residuals aren't important to me. Will probably just get it asap...

My build week was week 26 - Monday 28th June. Looking at this it is correct:
http://annystudio.com/calendars/2010weeks-iso.pdf

bruboy
06-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Things seemed to have moved along at a pace - the Audi computer system doesn't seem to have held things up after all... delivery on the 17th August - hooray!

As it's a fleet vehicle it will be turning up on a lorry - what should I be checking before signing the paperwork?

certacito
06-08-2010, 09:08 PM
I got the call today to say my car had arrived at the dealers.

Ordered 8th May, build week 28 and now a collection at 0900hrs on the 1st Sep.

Sorted the complimentary insurance today, ordered my private registration, nothing flashy just the new 60 format with my initials.

He mentioned asset insurance today which I undertand is GAP insurance, is this worth it?

Also, what shold I do about service options? Fixed, variable and/or prepaid?

Thanks.

dan172
10-08-2010, 09:13 PM
I got the call today to say my car had arrived at the dealers.

Ordered 8th May, build week 28 and now a collection at 0900hrs on the 1st Sep.

Sorted the complimentary insurance today, ordered my private registration, nothing flashy just the new 60 format with my initials.

He mentioned asset insurance today which I undertand is GAP insurance, is this worth it?

Also, what shold I do about service options? Fixed, variable and/or prepaid?

Thanks.

Have you been to see it yet?

certacito
10-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Have you been to see it yet?

I'm resisting the strong urge to go and see it, so far :D

I'm not sure I want to see it before it's prepped and the dealers is about an hours drive from me.

I know I'll probably crack and nip through for a look.

del33uk
11-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Bruboy, Let me know how you get on. My boring standard TDi Technik is due in with Lex on the 16th August, but as I'm on holiday they're keeping it until 1st Sept.
We've just moved to LEX and not sure how they will perform.

Del

Lava Grey A4 Technik TDIe

bruboy
11-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Bruboy, Let me know how you get on. My boring standard TDi Technik is due in with Lex on the 16th August, but as I'm on holiday they're keeping it until 1st Sept.
We've just moved to LEX and not sure how they will perform.

Del

Lava Grey A4 Technik TDIe

Will do :beerchug:

I'm not sure what to expect taking delivery of a new car at home - I guess I'll miss out on all the showroom fun :(

My main worry is that I'll be disappointed with it after waiting all this time...

bruboy
17-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Car has arrived on time, as specced and in immaculate nick so no complaints about Lex so far :)

Will post pics later.

dan172
17-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Car has arrived on time, as specced and in immaculate nick so no complaints about Lex so far :)

Will post pics later.

C'mon bruboy, is 'now' later enough!?

:D

bruboy
17-08-2010, 09:12 PM
OK - here are some pics - apologies it was getting dark but at least I managed to take a few before it started pi$$ing down...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/574918/corner.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/574918/front.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/574918/rear.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/574918/side.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/574918/wheel.jpg

Never riden on Dunlops before - these are Sport Maxx GT - too early to form an opinion on them.

dan172
17-08-2010, 10:09 PM
That is simply stunning!

Thanks for uploading at short notice. Maybe you can get some more up sometime in the near future in sunny conditions?

del33uk
21-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Cracking looking motor Bruboy, glad to hear LEX performed I now have a reg for mine and I'll get it after the 1st.

Del :D

bruboy
21-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Cracking looking motor Bruboy, glad to hear LEX performed I now have a reg for mine and I'll get it after the 1st.

Del :D

Great. Getting it delivered to home? Look forward to some pics.