PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Squeaky rear windows

rickf
29-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Has anybody come across the problem of squeaky rear windows during hot weather? Its almost like having canaries trapped in the back. We've tightened the runners, lubricated the rubbers. What else should we do? It's a 2009 Ecomotive by the way; much better on tyre life than the 17 inch versions.

matthewgdavies
30-05-2010, 10:41 AM
2009? Why not take it back to be fixed under warranty and tell them to keep replacing bits until it's fixed? They were obviously not designed to squeak

rickf
30-05-2010, 11:21 AM
That sounds great. However the dealer is 30 miles away, consequently it's either a day off work or a day without car. Also last time I did this, it rained! Guess what? No squeak. I'm booked in for Tuesday. Hope the weather is warm. Just interested to know if this is a common problem.

matthewgdavies
30-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Sorry I do tend to forget that Seat dealers are a bit sparse
The driver's window on my 2004 Alhambra squeaked and juddered slightly from new and was only finally resolved when the regulator broke in the freezing weather - £140 later it opens and closes perfectly and silently. You could try silicone lube on the runners but it's messy stuff and makes matt finish trim shiny and in my experience was not terribly effective

rickf
05-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Well I took it into Hobins Preston. It poured with rain, well it would wouldn't it, so no road test possible. However they adjusted them and lubricated them with good results so far.