PDA

View Full Version : Chipping Experiences?

alfapersius
29-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Hi,

Rather than spending a shed load of money on a new car I thought I'd just spend a little extra on my Audi. I'm going to get the wheels refurb'd and new tires and was thinking about getting it chipped/remapped. So does anyone have any recent experiences of chipping a 2005 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI s-line? It's quite high mileage (just over 108k) but solid, just MOT'd and serviced no problems.

I'd like to know if anyones had good, bad or indifferent chipping? Is the difference noticeable and worth the money? Most seem to claim either the same or improved fuel efficiency, is that true?

Cheers

Andy

Puresilk
30-05-2010, 10:59 AM
I got experience with the 2.0 TDi S line remapped from 140 bhp to 170bhp.

It had 128K on it when it was done and I keep it on the Longlife service, I have now done 142K and it has not skipped a beat and made a real difference in acceleration and it gives me better fuel consumption too. Its nice to know I have the extra power when I need it but I do get an extra 60 - 100 miles per tank now.

I think with the TDi you get the most gains when it comes to a remap up to about 30% not sure about petrol.