PDA

View Full Version : Retrofit motorised folding mirrors to passat CC

derwill
27-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Has anyone managed to do this? I am considering it and have been quoted £1000 by a company in the South East. Any other options?

Shadow CC
27-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Yes. For a £1,000 I could pop round and manually fold them in for you every time you park up !!!!

leowfc
06-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Has anyone managed to do this? I am considering it and have been quoted £1000 by a company in the South East. Any other options?
Yes my dealer had them done by Hazzy Dayz http://www.vwcruise.com/index.html I had originally ordered the car with but they did not translate that to the order they placed.

They have puddle lights (the light under the wing mirror so you can see puddle when you unlock the door) but as yet they are not working. Can someone who has the factory fitted confirm hey have puddle lights ?

Regards

Leo

a8 tech
06-06-2010, 09:51 PM

Depending on the door control unit part numbers they can be added for around £500 fitted

gamichea
07-06-2010, 03:26 PM
They have puddle lights (the light under the wing mirror so you can see puddle when you unlock the door) but as yet they are not working. Can someone who has the factory fitted confirm hey have puddle lights ?

Yes, they do. I can see the lenses in the underside of mine. They only come on when its dark enough for the Herr Gruppenfuhrer light sensor to permit their operation.

The September 2009 pricelist I have confirms this feature is part of the optional factory fit EFMs.

derwill
14-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Can I please have some more information as I am seriously considering having this done, thanks. (message for a8 tech)

grimbo007
30-09-2011, 06:11 PM
has this been done/completed yet ?

Scooby-Doo
10-10-2011, 01:59 PM
I opted for full electric seats, you get the folding mirrors for free with this option as they are linked into the memory of the seats once set.
They do have puddle lights in the underside but not sure if they're linked to the light sensor. I've not used them when parking but have come in really handy on my commute into work,I have to turn right at some lights and the lanes are somewhat narrow so when other drivers try to squeeze past on the inside I just fold the mirrors out of the way.