PDA

View Full Version : Newbie From Cornwall

kernow.vw
24-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi
My first post here, I live, as the title suggests down in Sunny Cornwall, ermm well it certainly is at the moment anyhow.
I have very recently became the owner of a 2004 Passat Estate V6 TDi, as a replacement vehicle for my recently sold V.W. Golf 2.8 4-Motion which had an LPG conversion fitted.

kernow.vw

:newbie:

Guest 2
24-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Welcome .. im sure youll find the site useful :D

Chris

kernow.vw
24-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi Chris
Yes I'm sure I will, and thanks for the welcome.

Buzzoff
24-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Welcome to the forum, there is a bunch of people here who can help with all questions VAG related.

Cheers,

Dan

PFJones
26-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the forum

Scott
P.F.Jones Support Team

phil miller
26-05-2010, 10:54 PM
hello mate welcome to the site, where abouts in cornwall are you?

kernow.vw
27-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi
Once again many thanks for the welcome messages.
Phil I'm down near Redruth mate.
Cheers.
Trev.

phil miller
27-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi
Once again many thanks for the welcome messages.
Phil I'm down near Redruth mate.
Cheers.
Trev.

thats not to far from me mate, im near okehampton

kernow.vw
28-05-2010, 01:33 PM
thats not to far from me mate, im near okehampton

Yeah no it well, well I use to that is before it was by-passed many moons ago, probably more moons ago than I care to remember.!!! lol :biglaugh:

phil miller
28-05-2010, 01:55 PM
1987 they opened the by-pass, it doesnt seem that long tho

kernow.vw
28-05-2010, 04:38 PM
1987 they opened the by-pass, it doesnt seem that long tho

Was it that long ago, like you said it doesn't seem that long back. I use to drive a lorry back in them days and vividly remember driving down the winding hill into Okehampton, through the town and then the pull up the other side heading toward Exeter. I bet everybody breathed a sigh of relief when the by-pass did finally open.!!! :arms:

phil miller
28-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Was it that long ago, like you said it doesn't seem that long back. I use to drive a lorry back in them days and vividly remember driving down the winding hill into Okehampton, through the town and then the pull up the other side heading toward Exeter. I bet everybody breathed a sigh of relief when the by-pass did finally open.!!! :arms:

yeah its a little better now but the amount of petrol stations on the old road from oke to whiddon down have dropped because of it, there use to be 5 stations in 8 miles there all gone now

kernow.vw
30-05-2010, 12:11 PM
yeah its a little better now but the amount of petrol stations on the old road from oke to whiddon down have dropped because of it, there use to be 5 stations in 8 miles there all gone now

Yeah that's just about par for the course when a by-pass opens up little filling stations that have been around for years virtually disappear overnight, no-doubt putting a few people out of work, I guess that's the price of progress.