PDA

View Full Version : audi a3 clutch/service advice

robdcfc
01-06-2007, 12:15 PM
hi chaps

new to audis etc so would appreciate some advice. Recently (1.5 months ago) bought an audi A3 '02 1.6 petrol from showroom which appeared in good nick, 55k on the clock, HPI checked etc etc.

however driving back home the other day just after coming off the M1 the clutch pedal completely gave way and basically i couldn't change gear. Got a tow to the showroom for them to sort out as its in a 1 year warranty. They ordered a new clutch and fitted it in 2 days no questions. It felt a lot 'looser' than previous but i just attributed this to it being a new clutch.

However when i drove back up the M1 (50 miles) and started changing gear again, it felt a bit looser and i'm sure the biting point is 'lower', especially when in reverse.

So my question really is should i:
- continue driving round hoping that the clutch pedal doesn't stop working again.
- drive it back 50 mil to the showroom garage for them to look at
- take it to a local audi dealer for its service (which is due in 4k miles/was last serviced by audi in 2005) and ask them to look at the clutch.

Obviously the last option I am fearing £££ but would like a proper job. The showroom garage is free.... argh decisions! what does everyone think?

Geraldy212
01-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Suggest that you call the original garage and discuss it with them. If they agree to cover your costs then OK. If not you are probably better off taking it back to them and have them check it out, and fix the problem.