PDA

View Full Version : How To Swirl Marks

belfastmark
22-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Hi Folks.
I have a Nov2001 1.6S 16v 65,000mls in Jazz Blue and I am wondering how I can get rid of the annoying swirl marks I have on the bonnet mainly, and also on the door panels.
Idealy, I would not like to use a buffer or polisher as I am not confident enough to use one.
Any help or advice greatfully recieved.

Belfastmark.

foxcupra
31-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Safe to say you would need a rotary polisher to remove swirl marks. Unless your arm can rotate at 1500rpm lol :D

JimC64
01-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Belfastmark.....If they're that bad you'll deffo need a rotary / DA polisher to remove them. Audi paint is HARD!!
If you're serious about it...the proper tools / pads / polishes etc will really set you back....You may be as well checking out for any professional detailers / recommended enthusiasts who can do it for you.
I'm speaking to one in Central Scotland at the minute who is looking to do mine for me....around a 20 hour detail for paint correction and around the £250 mark for a swirl free finish:approve:

elitedetailer
08-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Hi Folks.
I have a Nov2001 1.6S 16v 65,000mls in Jazz Blue and I am wondering how I can get rid of the annoying swirl marks I have on the bonnet mainly, and also on the door panels.
Idealy, I would not like to use a buffer or polisher as I am not confident enough to use one.
Any help or advice greatfully recieved.

Belfastmark.

Hi

If the scratches and swirling is quite severe then this product will get them out by hand: http://www.elitedetailer.com/product_info.php?products_id=226&cPath=34_47

It will be best to clay your car before you start polishing.

Regards
Elite Detailer Team :beerchug:

JimC64
09-06-2010, 12:57 AM
Hmm...ordered some of that stuff myself today to give it a go,thanks ED:approve:
Really don't hold out much hope without a DA though as this Audi paint is damn HARD..........Oh well, for around £10 gotta be worth a shot before I pay £250 for the swirl removal I guess;)

elitedetailer
09-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Hmm...ordered some of that stuff myself today to give it a go,thanks ED:approve:
Really don't hold out much hope without a DA though as this Audi paint is damn HARD..........Oh well, for around £10 gotta be worth a shot before I pay £250 for the swirl removal I guess;)

Hi

If you are still not satisfied then one of our polishing kits may be worth a look at. You will still be able to use the polish with it.

Regards
Elite Detailer :beerchug:

fat controller
13-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but I need some advice - my Passat looks great until its a very clear day, and then the light swirl marks show. When I had my Jag, I spent a day using clay followed by a good wax (brand that I won't mention here, but it gave excellent results), and that resolved its issues and made it look as good as new.

However, the Jag was Quartz Grey:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/fatcontroller_2007/shiny005m.jpg

The Passat is Deep Black Pearl:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/fatcontroller_2007/ra56nwu_2.jpg

So, my question is, will the Passat respond to similar treatment, or do I need to invest in an electric polisher?