PDA

View Full Version : What pushchair for a TT ?

emzipoo4u
21-05-2010, 06:58 AM
3 months pregnant and first scan on monday - scary !!!

will a pushchair/Pram fit in my TT ???!? :confused:

NickPicks
21-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Best way to find out is to visit Mothercare and ask them to try. They'll be more than happy to bring the ones you like out into the carpark and see if they fit in your car. You'll probably want to try rear facing car seats aswell while you're there.

For pushchairs, we used a Mclaren techno, which folded down nicely, but it was quite long when folded - you'll have to check.

RickT
21-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Congrats!!!

My son is now 8 months old (time flys!!)

We have got a Mothercare My 3 pram, and that fits in the boot of the Golf fine, but once the top part of the pram is in the boot too, theres not much room.

As above, go to your local Mothercare "World" and ask to try.. they will be more than happy to help you..

The MY3 pram set up is good with the Maxi Cosi isofix car seat... not cheap.. but good..

If you have got another car as well as the TT you should be fine.... if the TT is the only car... it may get some getting used to putting the baby seat in the back!

Good Luck and Enjoy!!

Rick

MalcQV
21-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Time to buy the MPV :D
Congratulations :beerchug:

emzipoo4u
21-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Thank You for your helpful comments, i didnt realise mothercare could try out pushchairs in your car !! Thats quite.... efficient !

As for the MPV - I will only get one if absolutely necessary.... haha, i guess things change and I'll be here in 8 months time saying how good my MPV is ! :biglaugh:

RickT
21-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Thank You for your helpful comments, i didnt realise mothercare could try out pushchairs in your car !! Thats quite.... efficient !

As for the MPV - I will only get one if absolutely necessary.... haha, i guess things change and I'll be here in 8 months time saying how good my MPV is ! :biglaugh:

When I say try.... they will come outside with you and show you how to fold it, and check it fits in the boot etc..

Plus... they also do this with car seats

Rick

NickPicks
21-05-2010, 08:38 PM

No, you don't need an MPV. I can't understand all these people who suddenly decide that a 5 door hatchback isn't big enough, so they buy a big 4x4 or MPV for just one kid.

When we had our first, I had a 3 door Audi Coupe. It did have more space than a TT though, but I found no problem with only getting the child seat into the back seat.

Captain Answer
22-05-2010, 06:18 PM
No, you don't need an MPV. I can't understand all these people who suddenly decide that a 5 door hatchback isn't big enough, so they buy a big 4x4 or MPV for just one kid.

When we had our first, I had a 3 door Audi Coupe. It did have more space than a TT though, but I found no problem with only getting the child seat into the back seat.

This is exactly my point of view, unless you're trying to start a football team then normal kit for 1/2 kids will fit most small hatch backs without any dramas whatsoever - and if you've got a dog then get yourself an estate

Mini Mark
24-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I have nothing usefull to add but I did want to say when I read the thread title that'll have to be a big pushchair to get a TT in :D (ok sorry I'll get my coat)

emzipoo4u
24-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys that's really good to know!
Your comment made me laugh mark !

Sam
25-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I have nothing usefull to add but I did want to say when I read the thread title that'll have to be a big pushchair to get a TT in :D (ok sorry I'll get my coat)

I read it and thought "sounds like a fair swap" :)

golfgt140
25-05-2010, 04:40 PM
If you dont need one that the car seat connects into- id really recommend the Citi Mini by babyjogger.com. It is the smallest folded buggy that we could find. You can fold it with one easy movement with one hand and put it in the boot whilst holding the baby! It also has a hood that folds way down over the baby to keep the sun off, and plenty of storage areas.

We had the quinny buzz before- it was good but took up a lot of boot space.

Congrats on the baby. Mine has now got to the stage were he likes to rub stones on my bonnett!

Ben
25-05-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm waiting to get my hands on one of these puppies http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/pages/Leebruss-Ltd-ABC-Design-UK/26796633580?ref=ts

this was featured in one of the previous series of the Apprentice when they were at the baby show selling things.

http://www.kiddicare.com/wcsstore/ConsumerDirect/images/pwr/product-reviews/Sale/Half-Price/Leebruss/p/62417-Leebruss-Take-Off-Pushchair-Gold.html

emzipoo4u
29-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Eek I hope no stones get rubbed onto my Bonnet lol
thanks guys again for info, some of
these pushchairs look really good!!
I can't wait to start buying things now!!!