PDA

View Full Version : poorly touched up black paint

5up3rman
20-05-2010, 04:12 PM
had my car a couple of weeks now.
it's a black audi a4.
mainly around the bonnet area where there have been stone chips the previous owner had used some sort of cheapish black touch up paint,
it's been done in such a way that theres almost little black blobs instead of small amounts to cover the tiny areas.
is there any way that i can sort these bit out at relatively cheap costs?

they're not visible until you get within three or so feet, but still annoys me when i'm going to the effort of cleaning it.
also any reccomendations for a polish that gives a great shine, i've used auto glym polish the bottle with the red square and don't think it's that great.

JimC64
21-05-2010, 01:30 AM
TBH Mate, if its that bad it may be a respray to get it the way you want it!
As for polishing, maybe someone with more knowledge might chiip in soon, but, I'd seriously recommend poorboys black hole. It has fillers that can help mask light swirls etc and is specifically designed for darker coloured cars.
My car is always pretty much immaculate. I washed her the other day, followed by a topping of Poorboys black hole finished off with ICE liquid wax.
my son came home in the sunshine and immediately commented on the car:approve:

JIGGY C
21-05-2010, 11:52 PM
By another bonnet! sounds drastic but you can get them really cheap on sites like ebay and if your prepared to wait i'm sure you'll get a black one no probs - just be prepared to travel or pay courier charges. I've seen Audi A4 Convertible boot lids go for £20 in black! I didn't buy it then believe it or not some pri*k keys my bootlid - mind you I didn't take it too personally - I think it's good that they let these people out for some fresh air and into society for a bit, i'm sure the big boy with his keys was licking the bus window on his way home to be safely tooked up into bed by 8pm!

Lis
09-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Haha thats what i've done to mine! I was fed up with keep looking at lots of little white dots from the stone chips, so now there are lots of little black blobs, but unless you get close you can't see them so to me its better than before !:o:D

arosa_rory
20-06-2010, 12:47 AM
Im a paint sprayer in Milton Keynes. if you fancy a trip up here I'll have a look for you at my bodyshop.