PDA

View Full Version : bora 2000 110 sport not locking

s31teg
01-06-2007, 02:27 AM
i have just aquired a bora the other day, everything has been spot on then today i locked the car, went back about 5mins later and it would not open via the key, at first i though was just flat battery

for the next 20mins i played with it and it was hit and miss if it would work

also i noticed the passenger door pin bouncing back up and not locking if i used the lock button inside the car but if i lock manually via key the whole car locks fine

i have searched the forum for ages and have not found a good answer, any ideas?

p.s my mate has a vw vagcom cable so will that help?

regards, steven

v6dub
01-06-2007, 11:36 PM
do you know what type of locking it is, cause some vw/audi have an air system where a vacuum is used to opperate the locking, my mate had a golf with this system and it stopped working, all that had happend where some of the pipes has come off of the pump in the boot and we just clipped them back on. How ever this was on a 97 golf not sure if it is used any longer

gteyes
02-06-2007, 12:23 PM
for the lock hopping up and down its the door lock itself, vag com should shows this any way. for the remote locking i would try the spare key and see if thats ok
have seen a bit of ot where the remotes to go but my first move would be to replace the door lock that is hopping up and down