PDA

View Full Version : newbie says hi

bluehornet
19-05-2010, 08:29 PM
been on here for a while now but never introduced myself so hello:nervous:

fat controller
19-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Hello :)

I'm a newbie that dived straight in, seeking advice on my new purchase. Well impressed with the forum so far.

What car have you got?

bluehornet
19-05-2010, 08:45 PM
hi fat controller i have a golf plus sport tdi very reliable. only one fault which dane vw chester sorted out for me on the warranty and lent me a shiny new polo while it was getting fixed :D

fat controller
19-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Don't know about you, but I seem to keep coming back to VW's, despite trying other marques.

I would confess to being a bit of a car tart, having had quite a few motors through my hands over the years, and yet I always eventually return to VW. The only other marque that has come close (and still has a huge part of my heart) is Jaguar.

bluehornet
19-05-2010, 09:12 PM
This is my first vw and dont think i will go back to anything else. i have lusted after audis in the past but the service costs frightened me off

fat controller
19-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I was actually out hunting for an A6 when I ended up with my first Jag (upgrading from a Passat) - two Jags and a Merc later, and I'm back - - my car history would probably scare most people :o

I can't wholeheartedly say that I won't ever stray from VW again, as I will always have the tendency to find other cars appealing (particularly Jaguars), but I think that VW will always be fairly high on the shopping list.

The one thing I can say for sure, is that it is highly unlikely that I will ever own a French car ever again - the ones I've had have been disasterous.