PDA

View Full Version : Boot opening

suky321
19-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi, this is just a query regarding the opening of the boot using the key remote.

I have an A4 1.9tdi 2003.

When I press the boot opening button on the key lock for a few seconds, it unlocks the boot lock, but I have to lift it up to open it.

My question is shouldn't the boot door lift by itself using the hydraulics after pressing the boot open button on the key, or is it normal to lift it up by yourself?

I don't have a similar car to compare it against to see if this is normal or not.

This may sound like a silly question but it's bugging me since I bought the car.

Thanks.

5up3rman
19-05-2010, 04:07 PM
yes and i want mine to load the shopping into it by itself.
lol
nah it just unlocks and yes unfortunately you do have to open it yourself.

fourringsrus
19-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Ditto,the fob only does the same as if you press the boot button manually,you will have to lift the lid for yourself or have the butler do it for you

benjie
19-05-2010, 11:42 PM
I looked into m aking it do it by itself with a few other people using B7 A4 parts and in the end I think we decided it just can't be done I'm afraid. I'd love that feature too though!

suky321
20-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Cheers guys,

I'm glad to know my boot isn't faulty then. It would have been nice for it to lift by itself, never mind, can't have it all :).

johny5
22-05-2010, 07:01 PM
it sounds a good idea for the boot to open on its own, but imagine if your in the house and lean on the fob the boot opens and it pees down all nite..... one very wet boot, my skoda fabia use to always unlock the boot and worse roll the windows down i had a soaking wet interior more than once :(

defsix
23-05-2010, 10:57 AM
I would imagine it could be done by increasing the strength of the gas ram and lowering the upper mounting point of it. tria
l and error :D