PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 1.6 Clutch Problem

AudiA3Sport
31-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi all,
please please please can someone answer my questions, when i depress the clutch on my 1997 audi a3 1.6 i get a ticking sound and i can feel two 'notches' when i press it down too. i havent had chance to see a garage yet i hope someone can help me any suggestions will be very helpful, hopefully i can get the job done if anything needs to be done

AudiA3Sport
02-06-2007, 12:20 PM
ok so heres the update my local garage haven't got a clue, my local audi dealership is mailes away so iam putting off driving over there. Now when the clutch pedal is pressed its fine and goes into gear fine but when you release the pedal a loud "ticking sound" arises from the car i cant get my head around it plus now i have a pinging noise but thats from the new front pipe of the exhaust apperantly because its not "carboned" up enough. Anyboday at all have any ideas?
cheers

jawadh007
11-06-2007, 11:44 AM
weird one..sounds like a minor issue but i can understand your point of view, little "imperfections" can be very annoying..
but it may be worth checking out the springs attached to the clutch cable, a bit of lubricant may sort that out ( if that is the culprit ) otherwise make sure all the mechanical parts in the engine bay are moving freely and lubricated.
as for the pinging noise... thats perfectly normal, on a new pipe. it is after it heats up.. correct?

AudiA3Sport
12-06-2007, 11:30 PM
cool yeah the little imperfections are the worst! yeah a lil lubricant did the trick thanks alot, the pinging is quieter when the engine gets warm and a little louder when cold is this a potentioal problem?

jawadh007
13-06-2007, 08:13 AM
if the pinging sound is evident after you have switched the engine off, thats perfectly normal on a new pipe.
but if its whilst the engine is running, im not too sure..... either ways, im pretty confident in saying "its nothing to worry about"
for your peace of mind, it may be worth paying a visit to the local garage and ask them if the "noise" is something to worry about...

AudiA3Sport
13-06-2007, 11:03 AM
yeah i think your right thanks alot. Ive just had a service today, the guy at the garage said that the car may require at least a thousand miles or over for the new pipe to become "carboned up" and reduce the noise until it disappears. thanks for the advice now i shall just wait and see

cheers!