PDA

View Full Version : 06 3.0 tdi difference between SE and sport

muppetboy1
18-05-2010, 07:44 PM
hi

can any one help me to check difference will it still have sports option on the air suspension ?

Regards

A

bigandyt
23-05-2010, 12:15 AM
I have an SE and it has the "adaptive" sport setting as well as automatic, comfort and lift settings. Mine is on 20" rims and I run around everywhere in the sport settings and the ride is great like that.

muppetboy1
23-05-2010, 12:21 AM
thanks for reply got mine yesterday is great but dont have paddels.

Cheer
A

Micha_elD
28-05-2010, 07:35 PM
You're not missing anything. The lag between hitting the paddle and the gear actually changing is about 1 second, during that second the gearbox brain considers your request for a different gear, and if it approves of your choice, then it will change gear. And it will still change gear itself if it thinks its needed like when you hit the redline.

What that means is that you need to pull the paddle about a second before you hit the redline, which is pretty difficult. If you don't bother, then it changes on the redline anyway, so why bother. Changing down before a corner is possible, but that 1 second delay kills the fun.

This is an automatic gearbox with paddles, which is very different from a manual sequential box as fitted to BMWs or Porches. They change faster than a manual, and make you feel good, ours change like someones granny is doing the job, and its just irritating!

muppetboy1
04-06-2010, 09:27 PM
thanks all