PDA

View Full Version : Alloy wheel paint/colour

cmp13
18-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Hi,

I have a 09 A4 S Line and today I thought I would give the wheels a good clean. I removed one of the rear wheels but could not get the dirt off the inside of the wheel. What it does have is lots of dirt, finger prints and masking tape marks. The face of the wheel must have been re-sprayed and they must have sprayed clear laquer which has now sealed the dirt in :aargh4:.

As I expected the Audi dealer are washing there hands of it and saying it must have been the previous owner, they also told me that wheel paint is not available from them. Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy some paint/laquer and what colour so I can re-spray the inside of the wheel.

Thanks in advance, Colin.

MFGF
26-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi Colin,

JimC did an excellent write-up on DIY alloy wheel refurbishment, and even found an exact paint match for his OEM wheel paint (Wurth). You can see his post if you click here (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66233).

Best regards,

MF.

cmp13
26-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks for that MF, I actually had some of that paint delivered yesterday, I will give it a go next week when Iam off work :beerchug: