PDA

View Full Version : Autoglym Super Resin Polish

djmx5
18-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi

Can anyone confirm whether Autoglym SRP contains any abrasive compounds please?

I am intending to Clay bar my motors this coming week and the advice seem to be to use SRP after the clay bar and priot to a sealant such as Autoglym sell.

I dont want any swirl marks.

Thanks
D

paul b
18-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Autoglym SRP is a very good product IMO. You won't have any swirl marks after using SRP, just don't keep rubbing the cloth round and round with it on.

My procedure is:
- Wash car
- Clay bar the car
- Wash (to remove clay dust)
- I use Farecla G10 now, but you don't have to
- Autoglym SRP
- Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection or Collinite 476 are my choice of sealants.

djmx5
18-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Paulb,

cheers for that, seems okay then, i'll be spareing in the application of the SRP.

I have the Extra Gloss Protection stuff too.

One other question, after washing the car, does it need to be dried before using the claybar and detailing liquid?

Thanks again

D

paul b
18-05-2010, 11:58 PM
No, I wouldn't bother drying it. Some people just use water as a lube rather than the spray, so basically any water left on the car can be left as a lube.

Paul

djmx5
19-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Thanks very much for the reply, if we get a suitably dry day I'll give it a try.

Cheers

D

elitedetailer
08-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Paulb,

One other question, after washing the car, does it need to be dried before using the claybar and detailing liquid?

Thanks again

D

Hi

It depends, if it is a hot summer's day then yes, as it is highly possible you will leave some water marking which may not come out with your Autoglym super resin polish.

Regards
Elite Detailer Team :beerchug: