PDA

View Full Version : First Service & Recalls

Bristle Hound
18-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Just had my first service done by Teesside Audi.

I was much suprised that the cost was only £98.49!

I had a TT TDI quattro S line soft top with 19's as a loan car. This thing was worth around £31500 and I must say I was disappointed. Definitely not as quick as my car!

Just as an aside. There were 2 recall notices on my car, which I ordered Feb 2009 and collected in April 2009.

The first one relates to a coolant hose that needed replaceing and the second, both headlights need replacing.

I have an S line with the xenons and LED DRL's. Now there has been much discussion over the lenses on these headlights on here and now looks as tho' Audi have issued a recall for 'em.

BTW I have checked my headlights and they are fine. No issues with them. Audi are still insisting to change them tho'

:beerchug:

robtt09
18-05-2010, 01:15 PM
My car service indicator has just come on and she will be going for her first service next week sometime.Wonder if the cost will be the same as mine going to York Audi. Not my favourite garage by any means but the closest.

Plife
18-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Just had my first service done by Teesside Audi.

I was much suprised that the cost was only £98.49!

Is that just an oil change or a full service? Are you on the variable service?

A1287210
18-05-2010, 05:56 PM

I think that is a record if its a full service

robtt09
18-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Just over 17k miles and first service so yes presume oil change only.

Bristle Hound
18-05-2010, 07:12 PM

I was on variable but have now changed for fixed servicing

This was an oil service :beerchug:

Big Bird
18-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Whats the problem with the headlights??????

satsu
18-05-2010, 10:59 PM
York Audi charged me £280 for my first variable service at 19k. Harrogate quoted me £336 for exactly the same thing, so york seemed an ok deal. Neither mentioned any recalls, perhaps because it's an 08 or because I have the active xenons.

I haven't driven the car yet, but before it went in I did tell them that it was running beautifully and hadn't needed a drop of oil since new. I'm looking forward to a long run over the weekend to check that this is still the case.

I am kicking myself for forgetting to tell them not to wash it - it went in spotless and came back covered in water marks and with some shiny goop smeared around the tyres. Grrr.

robtt09
19-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Everything is more expensive in Harrogate !

Plife
19-05-2010, 12:45 PM
I was on variable but have now changed for fixed servicing

This was an oil service :beerchug:
That is a damn good price. Mine was over double that!!!

sacha35
19-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Just called my local AUDI garage, and asked them to look at my 2008 model A4 Sline 2.0TDI as it has developed a few small problems, when I asked about headlight problems, as I have a few watermarks in the cars lights, they said they would take the lights out and clean them.

Is this right or should i say they need replacing under AUDI recall notices.
The car has not even done 12K yet

sacha35
21-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Just called my local AUDI garage, and asked them to look at my 2008 model A4 Sline 2.0TDI as it has developed a few small problems, when I asked about headlight problems, as I have a few watermarks in the cars lights, they said they would take the lights out and clean them.

Is this right or should i say they need replacing under AUDI recall notices.
The car has not even done 12K yet

(Bump anyone)

Bristle Hound
29-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Haven't heard back from the dealers yet about the headlight recall.

At the time they said they didn't have the parts in stock and would contact me when the did.

Will be giving them a ring on Tuesday ...

Pauls898
29-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Yes I took mine in for it's first service and got the same treatment, it was washed but with water marks! and I had this black stuff put on the tryes too, this really anoes me, if I wanted tacky black stuff on my tyres then I would have asked them, now when I wash the car myself it ruins my sponges :zx11:

I have to wash the car again anyway as they never clean the glass properly, they just cause more of a problem by smeaning the dirt about, particularly on the inside of the windscreen, and when driving in bright sunlight you can see all the smeers.....

Also as they only drive the car a few feet in and out the garage bays WHY! do they have to move the seat!!! It takes me ages to get it just right, and even with my electric seats, I can't seem to get it back where it was, I don't think I had stored its last position into the memory :confused: and now while driving I'm getting a creaking noise from the seat..... errrrr :zx11:

B6Andy101
29-05-2010, 09:46 PM
My car service indicator has just come on and she will be going for her first service next week sometime.Wonder if the cost will be the same as mine going to York Audi. Not my favourite garage by any means but the closest.

Let me know how you go with the lenses please as mine will be in at York shortly.

baylissboy
30-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Yes I took mine in for it's first service and got the same treatment, it was washed but with water marks! and I had this black stuff put on the tryes too, this really anoes me, if I wanted tacky black stuff on my tyres then I would have asked them, now when I wash the car myself it ruins my sponges :zx11:

I have to wash the car again anyway as they never clean the glass properly, they just cause more of a problem by smeaning the dirt about, particularly on the inside of the windscreen, and when driving in bright sunlight you can see all the smeers.....

Also as they only drive the car a few feet in and out the garage bays WHY! do they have to move the seat!!! It takes me ages to get it just right, and even with my electric seats, I can't seem to get it back where it was, I don't think I had stored its last position into the memory :confused: and now while driving I'm getting a creaking noise from the seat..... errrrr :zx11:The car has to have a roadtest as part of the service, that's why the seat is moved! I'm sure you'd be upset if the dealer rang you to say that you car needed a front end due to the accident that the technician had just had because he couldn't reach the pedals!!!

If you don't want the car washed just mention it to the service advisor when you drop it off, a simple note on the job card will sort your issue!!

ceegee
30-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Got mine serviced last week and they replaced the drivers side lense due to staining. I mentioned it when booking in the car so they had the part in stock.